Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Equestria really Post-Apocalyptic Earth? [PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION!]

AveryGamerDude

(THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE THE IDEA OF A POST-APOCALYPTIC THEORY FOR MY LITTLE PONY. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE CONCEPT/WANT TO TRY AND PROVE ME WRONG, THEN PLEASE LEAVE!!! OTHERWISE, CONTINUE READING!!!)

Hey guys. I've been a brony for almost a year now, and I've noticed that there are were a few tidbits here and there that made me wonder: "Is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic really post-apocalyptic?" So I made an entire theory for about this. I'll type the whole theory if you wanna see it. But here's some evidence I found:

In the episode Hearts and Hooves Day, after Big McIntosh and Cheerilee fall into the pit, the camera is positioned in a way that it shows objects that are underground. These objects are: A horseshoe, a bone, and a tire. The bone that is buried underground does not look like it belongs to a pony, but rather a human. Also, there are no cars in Equestria, so why is there a tire underground? Could it be evidence of a past human civilization?

In the episode Princess Twilight Sparkle: Part 2, when the Mane 6 are in the Everfree Forest, they try to use some rocks to cross over a pond. But the rocks turn out to be a cragadile. Judging by its green color, and its bubbling and toxic appearance, it could be nuclear waste. If this is true, then the cragadile could've formerly been a normal crocodile mutated into a cragadile. Later in the episode, when Spike gets on top of a tree to see the Mane 6 (Except for Twilight Sparkle) heading into the cave to where the Tree of Harmony resides, you can see what appears to be a ruined city in the background. This is debatable, as some would say it is simply the ruins of Luna and Celestia's old castle. But I compared the two, and the one in Princess Twilight Sparkle: Part 2 looks more like a ruined city than a ruined castle.

If all of my evidence is indeed legitimate, than that means that in the world of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, we are all dead because of a nuclear war, but most other creatures survived. I REALLY like this concept of My Little Pony being a post-apocalyptic world, because who would've thought that such a cute world like Equestria is really post-apocalyptic? Lemme know if you guys find any other references that could be post-apocalyptic! [P.S., Tell me if you wanna hear the whole theory I made. ;)]

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Just like adventure time I would love if this was true. Maby the ruined city was ruined by discord or the monsters of the forest or anything. It would be cool if they show in a Micelle bay movie or something them make griffins by cross breading lions and eagles  like the beginning of this new world

Edited by rainbowsmash13

You mean something like the Jetsons and Flintstones cartoon theory? If so, no. Its as Alexer said, their world is in another dimension.

Then you didn't read the description.

I don't like the fact that it's always a nuclear war.

How about a cosmic catastrophe or the like?

Seriously, why the hell does it always have to be a nuclear war?

Being misanthropic isn't cool anymore.

• Brohoof 1

Nice theory, but wouldn't explain any of the primarily magic based going ons in the show, like cutie marks and transdimensional space mirrors and beings that move the celestial bodies. There's too much that nuclear waste just wouldn't cover.

It's a very interesting theory!

Think you could show us pictures of what you're referring to instead of describing them? Could be a lot easier to convince people that way! ^^

Well, the fact they're using a steam engine, but it's run by ponies and no one we've seen has the no how to build a train would be a good start. Or the fact that they're clearly using things meant to be operated by human hands; things that would actually be less cumbersome if they were designed for magical use.

I read it, but want to hear about what you have to say about magic and cutie marks as long as it's nothing science related like in that episode when Princess Bubblegum tried to prove magic is nothing, but science.

(edited)

I too believe Equestria is a Post-apocolyptic Earth. But not from a nuclear waste or anything. I have a crazy headcanon about Celestia and Luna being top secret military projects 10,000 years ago. Genetically altered to be "The Perfect Equines"

Edited by TheMisterManGuy

I too believe Equestria is a Post-apocolyptic Earth. But not from a nuclear waste or anything. I have a crazy headcanon about Celestia and Luna being top secret military projects 1000 ago. Genetically altered to be "The Perfect Equines"

That's actually part of my theory, too!

I read it, but want to hear about what you have to say about magic and cutie marks as long as it's nothing science related like in that episode when Princess Bubblegum tried to prove magic is nothing, but science.

Okey dokey lokey! The reason the ponies have "Magic", is because Celestia and Luna were secret government bioweapons. The military gave them the ability to manipulate the world around them, shoot lasers, etc. Celestia and Luna then shared their "Magic" with other entities that resembled them. They either gave them a horn, wings, or nothing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

No no no! Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

No. I refuse to believe the ponies from MLP FLM now walk on the ashes of humanity. Because that implies that the ponies are either those evil Conversion Bureau scumbags or somehow humans were mutated into cartoon horses by nukes.

Most canon Ponies are (lawful good) paragons of 'good', not those often (chaotic evil) renegades from fan fictions like the Conversion Bureau. So, no 'killing all humans' from sweet and good ponies thank you very much.

In short, MLP FIm's world is not Earth.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 3

http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Mushroom_War

for those wondering how such an occurrence would happen, Adventure time summed it up nicely. Humanity finally takes full control of the powers of the occult, and turns them into the "lich bomb", this bomb, powered by occult magics wipes most human life off the face of the earth, and is such a great release of magical energies that it returns the fanatical creatures and magic back to the earth. The occult bomb is responsible for the mutations you see in creatures, along with turning humans into the various peoples you see in Adventure Time.

Something similar may have occurred in the Land of Equestria and the ponies more human like nature as compared to the earlier generations could be because of the magical mutigenic properties of the lich bomb.

• Brohoof 1

No no no! Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

No. I refuse to believe the ponies from MLP FLM now walk on the ashes of humanity. Because that implies that the ponies are either those evil Conversion Bureau scumbags or somehow humans were mutated into cartoon horses by nukes.

Most canon Ponies are (lawful good) paragons of 'good', not those often (chaotic evil) renegades from fan fictions like the Conversion Bureau. So, no 'killing all humans' from sweet and good ponies thank you very much.

In short, MLP FIm's world is not Earth.

The FiM ponies need to come to Earth and kill humans...

That's actually part of my theory, too!

Okey dokey lokey! The reason the ponies have "Magic", is because Celestia and Luna were secret government bioweapons. The military gave them the ability to manipulate the world around them, shoot lasers, etc. Celestia and Luna then shared their "Magic" with other entities that resembled them. They either gave them a horn, wings, or nothing.

I guess that is good.. still have something to do with science and nuclear warfare, but what ever.

The FiM ponies need to come to Earth and kill humans...

Then the ponies became the Reapers from Mass Effect and I hate them.

Then the ponies became the Reapers from Mass Effect and I hate them.

They'll make the world a whole lot of a better place you know as well as I do that the world is already full stupid people, a little bit of racist, bad economy, hatred and other type of bull shit.

They'll make the world a whole lot of a better place you know as well as I do that the world is already full stupid people, a little bit of racist, bad economy, hatred and other type of bull shit.

So, you are justifying xenocide?

Regardless, it's still not justifiable. What you are saying is basically turning the ponies chaotic evil.

You speak not of harmony, but of hegemony. If the ponies could do that, why not to do to every other so called not perfect species. And go on grand crusade to commit xenocide on all non perfect species. Oh, right, that's Reaper from Mass Effect logic.

• Brohoof 1

Isn't it a bit hypocritical for ponies who divine powers from altruistic concepts to slaughter people, especially when many of us aren't guilty of the deplorable attributes to which you associate humanity?

There is something similar to this in the Sonic comic book series. The planet Mobius is a post apocalyptic Earth and all the creatures were created from a new evolution cycle out of the primordial soup that was left over. I can believe something like this happened on Equus and perhaps ponies rose out of the primordial soup and became the next dominant race. If there was an episode that showcased some ruined city I would be ok with it, considering I love post apocalyptic Earth stories. Also Lyra would be pleased with this. 

Nah, I dont think so. We see things like tires underground because the audience will recognize it. I imagine the writers put those things there as a joke. It's kind of like how sometimes we hear ponies use idioms that don't really make sense in their world (I.e. faster than a speeding bullet: ponies don't use bullets). As for the alligator in the green water, I think the water is colored that way to make it more swamp like, not to indicate nuclear waste.

This is a show for little girls based on a toy line of colorful horses. I very doubt that the writers would base it on a post apocalyptic earth, or that Hasbro would allow that.