Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Disneyland really the happiest place on earth?

ManaMinori

I am happier in my house away from the sun, heat, and noise. However, for other people, they find a lot of happiness in theme parks, and that is fine. The only one I have any attachment to is Silver Dollar City in Missouri and that's because my family went there every Christmas time when I was a child.

• Brohoof 1

My family went to whatever one is in Florida back in '02 when I was around 13. I was not impressed. :unamused:

I like Cedar Point in Ohio. I'm more of a roller-coaster person.

rdcoaster.png.7e4f7e7061b4c4773da6f1f75cfdd4a8.png

Before the place we know as Disneyland, it was once a rancid festering swamp that would make Shrek ecstatic. So, to turn that swamp into the seemingly happiest place ever is quite the accomplishment I’ll admit. Though I can’t say if Disneyland is the happiest place ever.

I think it depends who you ask. In my case? I say it's pretty far from where I'd be happiest on this Earth. I don't really like amusement parks all that much (I find them rather boring actually because I don't end up liking almost any of the "attractions"), and I have a bit of a sour spot for Disney with what they've been doing with the past 15 or 20 years. I would be more consumed by thoughts of "why the f*** did anyone spend the money to take me here?" than "I'm having the time of my life!" Also, it doesn't help that it's crowded with people and all of the food and drinks are insanely expensive... :unamused:

I can understand why some people become happy when they visit Dinseyland or Disney World. From what i’ve read and seen online and television, it looks to be a fun place. Even so, I still don’t want to visit either location. Admission is very expensive, the food is very expensive, the lines are super long, and it’s always exceptionally crowded. I know that this qualities can be applied to other places such as Six Flags but i’ve heard that Disneyland and Disney World are much worse. An exe friend of mine goes to these places at least twice yearly and he loves it. I like Disney movies and all but I would never visit the parks. 

• Brohoof 2

• 8 months later...

Maybe. If you like Disney's things. It is expensive, and everything has a price. I don't think "happiest place" should cost so much money, and it is relative too. if you can afford the luxury hotels, and also enjoy the expensive night life with food and dance, you are basically very very rich, which makes you happy by default?

• Brohoof 2

I've never visited Disneyland, but I doubt it would be that different from most amusement parks (besides the Disney theme, of course). For a kid who loves Disney, it would probably be an absolutely amazing place! But as an adult, I doubt it has quite the same appeal, and more of the luster would probably be lost with more visits.

Even Equestria with costumed characters probably wouldn't impress me for a long time. :>_>: On the other hand, if it was the real thing... :pinkie:

• Brohoof 4

We never could afford to go to Disneyland so I’ve never actually been there. My cousins who have went said everything there is expensive. I don’t think I’d want to go broke just to go to Disneyland when I can go do fun stuff not too far from here for far cheaper.

If you want to step into another universe and completely forget the cares of the world, I can think of no better place. It goes through constant changes and not all of them are good ones, but there are always unique and rewarding experiences to be found, and some of them can last a lifetime. The happiest memories of my life came from my times at Disneyland and Walt Disney World and I wouldn’t trade them for anything. I could be cynical about the negative aspects but the good stuff far outweighs them. I love the Disney parks, and Disneyland is officially my adopted home, work and (hopefully) final resting place. 

• Brohoof 2
  • Excited 1

• 4 years later...
On 1/8/2020 at 8:05 PM, Dreambiscuit said:

If you want to step into another universe and completely forget the cares of the world, I can think of no better place. It goes through constant changes and not all of them are good ones, but there are always unique and rewarding experiences to be found, and some of them can last a lifetime. The happiest memories of my life came from my times at Disneyland and Walt Disney World and I wouldn’t trade them for anything. I could be cynical about the negative aspects but the good stuff far outweighs them. I love the Disney parks, and Disneyland is officially my adopted home, work and (hopefully) final resting place. 

I agree with you, Dreamy. :D
I want to visit Disneyland, it’s a dream of mine from my childhood.

• Hugs 1

• 4 weeks later...

There’s only one happy place for me on this Earth, and it’s this…

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSO5cOUgV0U-pIaispqrU

The Melbourne Cricket Ground, where all of my favourite sports are played, I’m always going there every month, sometimes every week, for every football and cricket match being played there, I’ve even signed myself up to be part of the Melbourne Cricket Club sooner in life.

Disneyland is not a thing in Australia unfortunately, even when I was in America for a year, I was never really interested in going.

Definitely not, especially from what I've heard from my family who went there. Huge lines everywhere. Even if you have tons of fun, still doesn't necessarily make it the happiest place on earth because it subjective.

It sounds like a good ol miserable time to me. One of heat, humidity, crowds, lines and anxiety in an endless loop. I've always felt, even when I was little, that Disneyland seemed overrated. I don't live too far from am amusement park that I love and it usually isn't so crowed to the point of stress. Plus it has the best water park ever. :yay: Granted I've not been there since...2006, but still. All of this is on top of the fact that I view modern Disney as an extremely exploitative corporation, so even if the other issues weren't there, I wouldn't exactly be jumping to go there.

• 2 weeks later...

My previous post here speaks for my many past experiences at the Happiest Place On Earth, and much of that still remains true because I have a special affinity for the place even in the worst of times. Sadly, the worst of times are becoming more and more frequent these days as the company continues to lower its standards, raise its prices and manipulate guests. Since the Eisner era the Disney parks have been exploitative but not as severely as they are now. So, even though I’ll always love what the parks were, I can’t always love what they now are. But many fond memories are still associated with the parks from their golden past and I can’t completely ignore that.

• smile 1