Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are you a brony? (Poll)

Aureity

Why does MLP mean so much to you?  

133 users have voted

1. 1. Why are you a loyal brony?

• Ponies are cute, and I like cute things :3
    • Reminds me of my childhood.
    • Substitute for the childhood I never had.
    • Saved me from depression.
    • I love the ideals of friendship, love and tolerence. The world needs more of that.
    • It's an escape from reality.
    • I just watch the show because it's cool. I'm not addicted like the weirdo you are, Aureity.
    • The show is okay, but I'm in in for the brony community.
    • Other (please specify, if I get enough I'll add it as a choice)
    • Superb animation/a good show in general
    • It taught me(or gave me) to make friends
    • I can relate to the characters

Great humor, music, and most of all, superb animation and storyline. Discovering this show was like a shock in the brain. Before my mind was pretty much a Lego brick. Now it still is, but it is half pony as well. This has also been the first fandom community I've ever took part in. Thank you all! :)

Ahh, there needs to be a "Love the show, and love the brony community" option.

Great animation, great storylines, great script...its just a whole explosion of pure win that comes out of my TV when I turn it on.

And let's face it, the show is amazing, but so are we! Bronies are some of the nicest, coolest people I have ever met bar none. Easily the best community I've ever been involved with.

Edited by GuitarGuru007

The community is awesome, the show has great animation, and it really is an escape from reality! just gives a very happy feeling when watching it :)

I'm a brony because I've always been a fan of animation. I've watched a lot of different cartoons over the years and there is just something really special about MLP FIM that makes me happy. I haven't loved any cartoon this much in five years and to know that there is such an open minded following that supports this work of art makes me proud to be who I am. No Regrets. :)

• Brohoof 1

It just lets me be myself. I'v lived a long part of my life trying to be someone I'm not, forcing myself to be someone who I can't really be. The show is kind of my reminder to myself that, I should love my own personality and like myself for who I am and not let anyone tell me otherwise. Flutterderp showed me MLP a short time before we got together, and i'v been a follower ever since. Been a Brony for ~2 months and 2 weeks.

Edited by Derpyshy

I think the awesome characterization and story development make it superb to any other cartoon I've ever seen, and the show's upbeat and happy vibe does offer an escape from hectic reality.

I obviously love the show because of the characters mostly, but I also really like the community as well. Its just so unique. Come on, males making fan stuff about a show like this? Who has heard of that?

Wow, I just about selected every option. Well, at least you now know why I became a brony! I mean, most of these are credible and very strong reasons to be a brony, and these should also be used to convince other people to become bronies!

My mane (HURHUR) reason for staying a loyal brony is the community. I love the user-generated content that is produced, and everyone is so respectful and well-mannered. I have yet to see an internet community with such friendly users than anything MLP related. It's one of the best feelings in the world when *Wild Brony Appeared* and you can just... juust...

here's a formula: Brohoof = Instant Lasting Friendship.

I also like the animation and characters. ;)

• The art is adorable and easy to imitate
  • This website holds the BEST part of the fandom (all of you)
  • It's entertaining
  • Nice little spot of happiness in the world
  • Brings people together
  • Makes me feel happy
  • I like brushing the dolls... :wacko::wub:

I believe part of the reason I became a brony is related to my dislike of steriotypes, wihch are essentially always wrong, and tend to cause huge problems constantly. When you add the humor, irony, puns, and the fact that I can learn an awful lot about social interection, (being an asbe) Its kinda hard to resist....

It also makes me feel happy.

This will sound kinda creepy I guess but when each episode it over I get the feeling that I'm in love.

I mean.. The show it just.. So happy! I love happy stuff! (Please ignore that my favorite type of movies are horrors XD)

• Brohoof 1

I chose other because there are multiple reasons that you listed that are why

My story is: I was watching sparta remixes one day and I came across a YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME! remix, this got me interested in MLP so I started looking for and watching PMVs and memes, eventually I decided that I wanted to watch MLP to see the source of so many awesome songs and memes, then one day mt brother started watching DBZ and I said I'd rather watch MLP (even though I actually just wanted an excuse to watch it) so he dared me to watch MLP while he was watching DBZ and once I finally started watching it (I also have to explain why i joined this forum in my story), I actually really liked it, my brother and I were watching our shows all night, but even after he went to bed I kept watching MLP becuase I liked it so much, eventually I ran out of episodes to watch and (although I don't remember how) found out there were previous generations, so I looked up MLP on the wikipedia and watch everything it had on the first 3 generations and there weren't any new episodes on youtube when I finished watching everything from the earlier gens and googled MLP to try to find more, then I found the forum, saw the calender, and joined so I would have something to do while waiting for the new episodes to come out, eventually I got bored and went to youtube to watch more random things, somehow I had missed Best Night Ever when I was watching MLP earlier so I watched it and became a brony after seeing where YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME! came from.

I also wanted to say although you can't tell by my story MLP helps with my depression and sometimes when I'm really lonely or depressed I feel like ponies are my only friends (I only have 2 IRL that I truely know, and they've both moved away)

Another thing, while I was writing my story I started remembering when I first started watching MLP, I always watched it in secret because I was worried what my family might think, after watching it for a while I started being more open about, but I'm sure it was like that for most bronies and that's besides the point, I wanted to tell everypony about how erm... I don't know wheter to say embarassed or nervous to be watching and I also wanted to tell you why I was like that; I have always been shy especially around girls, and whenever I hear them talking and I knew it was not about me, I felt like I was invading their privacy and that is how I felt about MLP at first because all the mane6 are girls, I just wanted to share this because, upon rememberring I realized how ridiculous that was and I actually find it kind of funny now, I also wanted to know if anypony else felt like that, so do you (sorry I cannot put a question mark, I am having the caps glitch)

Edited by XxZomBloxxorxX

The reason i became a brony is not listed, I became a brony because i could relate to the characters.

that is one of my reasons, I think you should add that (sorry I cannot remember your username, but I mean whoever started this thread) Edited by XxZomBloxxorxX