Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports The football (soccer) season is back!

AtomicStone

Luton haven't been doing too good so far. Been like three games I think, we have like two points. But it's still early, we can make it into the play offs at least this season with ease.

My god, that game was nerve-wrecking. But respect to Arsenal for pulling through. Another year of CL, gotta love it!

Also, grats to Malmö FF, first Swedish team to qualify for CL since 2000. Good show!  :yay:

• Brohoof 2

My god, that game was nerve-wrecking. But respect to Arsenal for pulling through. Another year of CL, gotta love it!

Also, grats to Malmö FF, first Swedish team to qualify for CL since 2000. Good show!  :yay:

When Alexis Sanchez scored, I was so happy! Besiktas as a good Turkish team, and they can be scary!

• Brohoof 1

Meanwhile in the Capital one cup draw, we get Burton albion away... Underwhelming to say the least.

Don't worry, Norwich got Shrewsbury away :lol: Not the most glamorous tie but a chance for us to start a cup run... Hopefully! 4 wins in 4 for Norwich now, we're on a run! :D

Edited by Raritas

In news related to my favourite team...

In Football Manager, I managed to guide Toronto FC to the semifinal of the FIFA Club World Cup. Guess who I'm facing?

Who woulda thunk I'd be facing my favourite team?!

870px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

So Man City get Bayern and CSKA Moscow again. Arsenal got Dortmund again, and Chelsea get an easy peasy group...again  >_>

Anypony else getting the feeling that the last few years of the champions league have become a bit boring with all the same teams playing each other again and again? I mean, I was really annoyed when Celtic kept drawing Barcelona and AC Milan the last couple seasons, purely because we'd already played both plenty of times in recent times. There doesn't seem to be as many fresh match ups happening, somepony must be fiddling about with those balls. Real and Liverpool is a nice match up, purely because Liverpool haven't been in the CL for a while, and Juve/Atletico could be quite interesting, other than that though, absolutely none of the other groups standout. All just a bit meh.

Was good to hear Wenger actually answer when asked about potentially signing Zigic from Birmingham last night: "No." :lol: Think it might've been more appropriate had he just burst into laughter

wenger-smiles.jpg

Draw for the Europa League tomorrow, not normally that interested in it, but can't wait to see who Celtic are going to lose 6 games to now  >_>

Tough group ahead. I'm obviously hoping for 1st or 2nd and I think the most reasonable estimation is 2nd behind Dortmund. It's gonna be a fun group though.

Anyone excited about Xabi Alonso's move to Bayern though? And for only 5m... Bayern do business well.

I think Dortmund have gotten a bit weaker, losing Lewandowski for one thing and Arsenal have strengthened (but still need another striker!) 1st should really be the target.

Alonso is a fantastic signing for Bayern. He's a Pep style player that Pep never got to have before. Will fit in fantastically at Bayern. They've made quite a number of signings and not splashed quite the same amount of cash (obviously still a lot) as a lot of the other big teams. They only needed to improve a couple areas from last season and continue to get used to working with Pep and they're likely to be back on top this year.

I have to say, Arsenal got a tough group, but Man City's seem even tougher! Galatasary will be no pushovers, and Anderlecht are a strong Belgian side. Hopefully our "strike force" can handle them!

I'm sorry, but I have to do this.

HAHA, MAN UNITED SUCK!!! :P

so1qn7.jpg

Strangely enough, I haven't seen many fans wearing their Man United shirts round town recently. Can't think why that is. XD

• Brohoof 1

to be fair they just beat QPR.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to take anything away from Burton winning against a premier league side, it's just that I'd probably take a trip to the emirates over a Tuesday night cup match to a league 2 side that were likely to slip up against.. It's happened too many times before.

I usually have watched all my school's football games through marching band, but I won't be doing that this year. Still, I'll be seeing my former high school's band perform at the games since they're entertaining and I have friends to support there :).

OOPs, wrong football xD!!

Edited by SparkWolf

Haha! Loving the slating of Uniteds downfall to be honest! It's justified after how arrogant a large amount of their fans have been over the years. XD

Lol, I've been pointing and laughing at a Man U supporting friend recently; he asked me, "Why are you doing this?" I replied, "Remember all those times you kept on going on about Spurs (my team) being shite?" Payback's a bitch, baby! :P

• Brohoof 2

Lol, I've been pointing and laughing at a Man U supporting friend recently; he asked me, "Why are you doing this?" I replied, "Remember all those times you kept on going on about Spurs (my team) being shite?" Payback's a bitch, baby! :P

Hell yeah! You deserve a brohoof for that man! :D

• Brohoof 1

I usually have watched all my school's football games through marching band, but I won't be doing that this year. Still, I'll be seeing my former high school's band perform at the games since they're entertaining and I have friends to support there :).

someone else gonna tell him?

To be fair, I don't have anything against United, even it it's fun to poke a little fun at them. I enjoy good football, and if Van Gaal gets enough time, I'm sure he can build United into something great again. They need it!  :P

• Brohoof 2