Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports The football (soccer) season is back!

AtomicStone

I really... Really hate football sometimes.

Norwich, 1-0 up after 85 mins, lose 2-1. Dafuq. Yeah, we aren't getting promoted this season.

I really... Really hate football sometimes.

Norwich, 1-0 up after 85 mins, lose 2-1. Dafuq. Yeah, we aren't getting promoted this season.

You should see our position in the table if you're that concerned... Play offs for the last 2 seasons and this year we are 21st! Shocking..

• 2 weeks later...

Very well played today. A draw was a fair result to be honest, one of the most exciting games I've seen for a long while :) Didn't expect it to finish 3-3 :lol: Your team played well, Norwich are going through a pretty rough patch right now and it looked like you guys were gunna take the win. Your fans were great, Carrow Road has been pretty quiet recently, but the second half woke the crowd up XD 

I went to the game, did you in the end?

Edited by Raritas

Watched Man U vs Arsenal today at the pub, perhaps the most ridiculous game I have ever seen. De Gea kept United in it all game and United went 1-0 up without a shot on target :lol:

Very well played today. A draw was a fair result to be honest, one of the most exciting games I've seen for a long while :) Didn't expect it to finish 3-3 :lol: Your team played well, Norwich are going through a pretty rough patch right now and it looked like you guys were gunna take the win. Your fans were great, Carrow Road has been pretty quiet recently, but the second half woke the crowd up XD 

I went to the game, did you in the end?

Unfortunately money has been a bit of an issue recently so that prevented me from coming up there this year, but I agree that a draw was a fair result for both sides.. Just a bit disappointed that we managed to throw the lead twice on Saturday, we desperately need a win!

What a goal by Russell Martin though, Stockdale had no chance with that one!

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Sorry to any Liverpool fans out there but Sami Hyypia today proved once again today how out of his depth he is at this football club and should not be the man to take us forward..

Tactics questionable, isn't prepared to change things when his system clearly does not work and lacks any passion on the touch line or I interviews..

Time is up Sami.. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Edited by Flutterbro1422
  • Brohoof 1

OSU beat OU!

God, I hate OU. I live in the area, OU fans are generally stuck-up, so I'm always happy to see them lose a Bedlam game... If only because I don't have to put up with their obnoxious 'Boomer Sooner' everywhere. >.>

Alabama is still #1. We beat Missouri 42-13 last night. Everyone is predicting that the BCS National Championship will be Bama vs. FSU. My sister refuses to talk to me right now because I'm a Bama fan and she graduated from FSU lol.

*Cough* Wrong Football guys... :P

FlutterBro, have to agree with you. Mid way through the season almost and in the bottom 3 is not good enough. I thought he'd be alright, having managed Laverkusen, but obviously he's struggling.

Norwich finally managed to win yesterday. First win in ages. Doubt we're going up this year  -_-

Liverpool vs Man U was just painful to watch. Defense is awful and De Gea was a brick wall.

I miss you Suarez ;_;

Can't believe how much Liverpool are struggling this year. One player surely can't make that much of a difference...

Norwich got a fantastic 5-0 win yesterday over Huddersfield. First half wasn't great, but we stepped it up and scored 3 goals in 5 minutes right at the start of the second half :) Great game

• Brohoof 1

Liverpool vs Man U was just painful to watch. Defense is awful and De Gea was a brick wall.

I miss you Suarez ;_;

Lol, you guys sold a Rottweiler and replaced him with a poodle! :P

Wow, Spurs won a game. I am shocked. XD

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a thread for Football/Soccer ... not the NFL. 

As the sport is called Soccer in more places that just the US, I'm updating the title. 

70147+-+artist+nuclearsuplexattack+footb

• Brohoof 1

It's called "football" cuz in the game, you kick the "ball" with your "foot". What Americans call "football" is actually "handegg". :P Or maybe "rugby for wimps". XD

• Brohoof 1

So Hyypia has finally done the right thing and quit Brighton after just 1 win in 18!

There have been a few potential managers mentioned over the last few days.. Tony Pulis and Tim Sherwood have been the most talked about.

We need an experienced manager that knows this league and can pull us out of the relegation zone. Hoping for Pulis personally!

• Brohoof 1

Routine 6-1 win for Norwich yesterday... Could get used to that xD 

No but seriously, Mike Phelan has made a major impact since he's joined us. Up the league we climb (hopefully!)

Pulis would be a fantastic choice , he'd certainly turn your season round. Whether or not he'd be willing to drop into the championship isn't clear though.

Wow, Spurs won again against Leicester, who were whinging about a foul and not getting a penalty. Look, if you play against Spurs, you have to accept that chances are, you're gonna get kicked. :P It's what we do. It's like if you played against Chelsea, you'd be hauled up on a fake foul cuz a player dived. XD

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please tell me how David Luiz got into the Team of the year?! Unbelievable decision... Wonder how they worked that one out.

Anyway, Brighton have a tough fixture coming up in the FA cup next week against the mighty Arsenal.. I'm actually fairly confident that we can pull out a good performance against them.. Maybe even a replay perhaps! Disappointing league position may be forgiven if we can push them all the way.

Wow, didn't knew that this thread existed. This is my kind of thread.

Can someone please tell me how David Luiz got into the Team of the year?! Unbelievable decision... Wonder how they worked that one out.

There is no logical explanation. Luiz was one of the main factors why Brazil got thrashed by Germany 7-1 and then he is supposed to be one of the best defenders? No words.

It's still winter break over here in Germany and Werder Bremen will have their first match on February 1st against Hertha BSC Berlin. I just hope they get their shit together.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, didn't knew that this thread existed. This is my kind of thread.

There is no logical explanation. Luiz was one of the main factors why Brazil got thrashed by Germany 7-1 and then he is supposed to be one of the best defenders? No words.

It's still winter break over here in Germany and Werder Bremen will have their first match on February 1st against Hertha BSC Berlin. I just hope they get their shit together.

Whoa, We have a german club fan. Fantastic to see!

I've heard great things about the Bundesliga, ticket prices, loyal fans etc.. More than I can say for English football unfortunately.. Tickets are especially expensive here sadly.

I should really follow german football a bit more to be honest, you guys deserved to win the World Cup last year, did it with so much class.

• Brohoof 1

This thread has life again! :P

Good luck with Hughton, Flutterbro. Didn't do great with us at Norwich, but I hope he can do a good job with you guys. I really hope you manage to get something from Arsenal, would be good to see.

Norwich's new manager has had a decent start. 2 wins from 2, we're slowly catching the play-offs. 3-2 against Cardiff was too close, especially after being 3-0 up. Half way through the season, I'm enjoying the Championship much more than the Prem right now :)

Edited by Raritas
  • Brohoof 1

Whoa, We have a german club fan. Fantastic to see!

I've heard great things about the Bundesliga, ticket prices, loyal fans etc.. More than I can say for English football unfortunately.. Tickets are especially expensive here sadly.

I should really follow german football a bit more to be honest, you guys deserved to win the World Cup last year, did it with so much class.

img-3428278-1-germany-world-cup-champs-2

Together with the German championship in 2004, this was the greatest moment of my life, as a football fan. Nobody here expected from us to win it, after guys like Marco Reus and Marcel Schmelzer got hurt.

The problem with the premier league is, that almost all of the clubs are in debt. Clubs like Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are so bad in dept, that they have to increase the ticket prices. Maybe they wouldn't be so in dept, if clubs like Chelsea buy Torres for 60 million Euros.

We don't have that in the Bundesliga. We might not have that many big stars like the EPL, but our clubs still have souls and an identity. Werder Bremen is actually the only club in the league, whos stadium isn't sponsered. Our Stadium is still called Weserstadion. Even Bayern, who has most of the top stars like Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Götze, Robben, etc. have no debts whatsoever.

BTW, does anyone remember when Özil was good?

2keq1832.jpg

It still hurts. :(

Edited by Hypnosparkle
  • Brohoof 1

This thread has life again! :P

Good luck with Hughton, Flutterbro. Didn't do great with us at Norwich, but I hope he can do a good job with you guys. I really hope you manage to get something from Arsenal, would be good to see.

Norwich's new manager has had a decent start. 2 wins from 2, we're slowly catching the play-offs. 3-2 against Cardiff was too close, especially after being 3-0 up. Half way through the season, I'm enjoying the Championship much more than the Prem right now :)

The championship is exciting year after year Raritas, you can never predict who will be up there and who will be struggling.. An amazing league to be competing in! Whereas in the premier league, you can more or less predict who will be challenging year in year out.. Although I will give Southampton credit this year, they have been amazing!

img-3428278-1-germany-world-cup-champs-2

Together with the German championship in 2004, this was the greatest moment of my life, as a football fan. Nobody here expected from us to win it, after guys like Marco Reus and Marcel Schmelzer got hurt.

The problem with the premier league is, that almost all of the clubs are in debt. Clubs like Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are so bad in dept, that they have to increase the ticket prices. Maybe they wouldn't be so in dept, if clubs like Chelsea buy Torres for 60 million Euros.

We don't have that in the Bundesliga. We might not have that many big stars like the EPL, but our clubs still have souls and an identity. Werder Bremen is actually the only club in the league, whos stadium isn't sponsered. Our Stadium is still called Weserstadion. Even Bayern, who has most of the top stars like Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Götze, Robben, etc. have no debts whatsoever.

This right here is how clubs should be run! Throwing money around mindlessly will always come back to bite clubs in this country, as well as charging ridiculous amounts of money to fans for tickets and merch... This sums up the state of English football and also why our national team has been so poor for a while now.. If we plan to get close to your level, then we will need to start to change our approach.. And soon.