Twi Rubix

Who Is Your LEAST Favorite Of The Main Ponies?  

182 users have voted

1. 1. Least Favorite Pony Mane Six + Spike

• RainbowDash
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • AppleJack
    • FlutterShy
    • Rarity
    • PinkiePie
    • Spike
  2. 2. Least favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Scootaloo
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Granny Smith
    • Big McIntosh
    • Hayseed
    • Mr. Cake
    • Mrs. Cake
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • Derpy
    • Trixie
    • Suri Polomare
    • Lightning Dust
    • Gilda
    • Daring Do
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin
    • Fleetfoot
    • Cheerilee
    • Bulk Biceps
    • Coco Pommel
    • Cheese Sandwich
    • Maud Pie
    • Other - Because So Many Ponies O.O

Dang, I love them all but, I'll have to say RD because I really hate people who just milk everything for what it's worth and more. I hate those episodes like Mare Do Well, where she just get's annoying, it's like Trixie I hate people that show off for no reason other than showing off.

Applejack. Her, and the apple family have always kind of bored me. Now, I will say that Applejack's key episode was by far my favorite key episode. Seeing the Flim Flam brothers again was nice after all. Anyways, I don't dislike AJ, it's just that if I have to pick a least favorite than it's her. 

Rarity. God I hate dislike Rarity. I can't explain an exact reason, but she's just so whiny and over dramatic... I can't relate to her in ANY way. She's one of those fashion loving girls, and I'm more of a Tomboy, so I can't relate to her in any way, shape or form.

EDIT: Forget I ever wrote this comment. It's a total lie of how I really feel about Rarity

Edited by PegasisterJayfeather

Pinkie Pie. Yes, she's hilarious at times and yes, next to Rarity, she has some of the best songs in the entire show. She has also proven to be really annoying at times when it's not at all called for and for a pony that wants to make others happy she can be woefully and obliviously insensitive at times.  

As you know, I love all the mane six since all have likable qualities. However, if I were to choose my least favorite, it would be Applejack. Don't get me wrong, I love Applejack, it's just compared to the rest of the mane six, she's just kind of dull.

This thread won't end good, and I don't know why it was made...it won't make interesting discussion, just unearth a flame war :confused: Echh. No like.

ANYWAY, my least favorite of the mane 6 is Dash. Do I dislike her? No, not at all. Her ego is really grating to me - it's funny because I love Trixie for her ego, but there's a huge difference between her ego and RD's.

Like, look at it this way:

First off, look at Rainbow Dash's house, as seen in Daring Don't.

492351.gif

But you know what she does for a living? Clears clouds, just like almost every other Pegasus - but not every pegasus lives in a cloud mansion, so she HAD to get that money somewhere, and that somewhere is likely her family.

But regardless of that, Rainbow Dash has money and lives in a cloud mansion, so she's *privileged*

Then, she's *talented* - dude, she can break the fucking color spectrum with how fast she is. That's talented. That's natural talent. She was blessed with an ability to fly most pegasi couldn't hope for. So she's *privileged* and *talented*

Finally, we see her sleeping on clouds and whatnot all the time. Remember when she was supposed to be working in the first episode and was taking a nap instead? So instead of using her talent for hard work and to benefit society, she's lazy and just enough of what she's supposed to do at the last moment.

She's *privileged* *talented* and *lazy* and she's got a massive ego - that's why her ego grates at me.

Let's look at Trixie low.

Trixie lives in a Wagon. She has no set home, she just lives in a tiny, cramped, wooden wagon that she was to pull from town to town on her own.

Even worse is that the wagon also doubles as her performing stage, so she's got little to no living area. So she's poor because she to live in a tiny little traveling wagon that she pulls around herself.

So she's *not privileged* at all - she's actually kind of poor if you think about it, and about as close to homeless as you can be without actually being homeless.

Then, let's face it - her act is mostly based off of smoke and mirrors and boasts. In terms of magic, she's mediocre at best. Remember the Ursa Minor in "Boast Busters" and how she fought it? She wrapped a piece of rope around two of its fingers. She is not powerful nor talented at magic, she's average on a good day.

So she is *not privileged* and *not talented*

Finally, she has trouble holding any sort of normal conversation. She can't talk to someone without constantly talking about herself (and I'll get to why later) and that will rub people the wrong way a lot. She is shown to have no friends and bad social skills. Keep in mind that she doesn't stay in one place and is always traveling.

So she's *not privileged*, *not talented* and *lonely*

She has no reason to be so proud of herself whatsoever, and she's not dumb - she probably knows that. She has no friends and she's not very special or privileged. So why does she brag?

Maybe that's why she brags - she wants to look cool to make friends. Maybe people would believe her and she'd make a few friends, because they'd think she was "cool" for all the stuff she says about herself.

Also, she doesn't have any reason to be confident, as stated earlier, so what if it's also a way to improve her self-confidence? While it IS unnecessary, mean, and over the top, and just because she's confused doesn't excuse her for the wrong she's done, I think that there's so much more to her than just a big ego. Maybe it's because she has nothing else, and that's her only way of being something, and as things get worse, she gets worse with them.

That's why I like Trixie's ego - you can tell it goes so much deeper than just "I'm great and powerful!" while, on the other hand, RD's ego is just a combination of being privileged and talented - nothing all too special about it.

That's pretty much it. While I do like Dashie and the charisma and entertainment value she brings to the table is vital to the show, I can't help but feel as if her flaws are actually detrimental to her character, as opposed to say, Rarity, who's flaws are actually beneficial to her character in terms of likability. That's how I see things, at least.

Rarity. God I hate dislike Rarity. I can't explain an exact reason, but she's just so whiny and over dramatic... I can't relate to her in ANY way. She's one of those fashion loving girls, and I'm more of a Tomboy, so I can't relate to her in any way, shape or form.

Wait, what? :confused: You hate her because you don't relate to her?

So...you hate her just because she isn't like you? :confused: I mean, Fluttershy and Pinkie are both pretty girly, do you hate them too? :confused:

That's sort of a confusing reason to hate something...especially since there's people like me, who do relate to her, and that comes across like saying you hate me just because I'm not like you, to be honest....:confused:

• Brohoof 3

This thread won't end good, and I don't know why it was made...it won't make interesting discussion, just unearth a flame war :confused: Echh. No like.

ANYWAY, my least favorite of the mane 6 is Dash. Do I dislike her? No, not at all. Her ego is really grating to me - it's funny because I love Trixie for her ego, but there's a huge difference between her ego and RD's.

492351.gif

But you know what she does for a living? Clears clouds, just like almost every other Pegasus - but not every pegasus lives in a cloud mansion, so she HAD to get that money somewhere, and that somewhere is likely her family.

But regardless of that, Rainbow Dash has money and lives in a cloud mansion, so she's *privileged*

Then, she's *talented* - dude, she can break the fucking color spectrum with how fast she is. That's talented. That's natural talent. She was blessed with an ability to fly most pegasi couldn't hope for. So she's *privileged* and *talented*

Finally, we see her sleeping on clouds and whatnot all the time. Remember when she was supposed to be working in the first episode and was taking a nap instead? So instead of using her talent for hard work and to benefit society, she's lazy and just enough of what she's supposed to do at the last moment.

She's *privileged* *talented* and *lazy* and she's got a massive ego - that's why her ego grates at me.

Trixie lives in a Wagon. She has no set home, she just lives in a tiny, cramped, wooden wagon that she was to pull from town to town on her own.

Even worse is that the wagon also doubles as her performing stage, so she's got little to no living area. So she's poor because she to live in a tiny little traveling wagon that she pulls around herself.

So she's *not privileged* at all - she's actually kind of poor if you think about it, and about as close to homeless as you can be without actually being homeless.

Then, let's face it - her act is mostly based off of smoke and mirrors and boasts. In terms of magic, she's mediocre at best. Remember the Ursa Minor in "Boast Busters" and how she fought it? She wrapped a piece of rope around two of its fingers. She is not powerful nor talented at magic, she's average on a good day.

Finally, she has trouble holding any sort of normal conversation. She can't talk to someone without constantly talking about herself (and I'll get to why later) and that will rub people the wrong way a lot. She is shown to have no friends and bad social skills. Keep in mind that she doesn't stay in one place and is always traveling.

She has no reason to be so proud of herself whatsoever, and she's not dumb - she probably knows that. She has no friends and she's not very special or privileged. So why does she brag?

Maybe that's why she brags - she wants to look cool to make friends. Maybe people would believe her and she'd make a few friends, because they'd think she was "cool" for all the stuff she says about herself.

Also, she doesn't have any reason to be confident, as stated earlier, so what if it's also a way to improve her self-confidence? While it IS unnecessary, mean, and over the top, and just because she's confused doesn't excuse her for the wrong she's done, I think that there's so much more to her than just a big ego. Maybe it's because she has nothing else, and that's her only way of being something, and as things get worse, she gets worse with them.

That's why I like Trixie's ego - you can tell it goes so much deeper than just "I'm great and powerful!" while, on the other hand, RD's ego is just a combination of being privileged and talented - nothing all too special about it.

That's pretty much it. While I do like Dashie and the charisma and entertainment value she brings to the table is vital to the show, I can't help but feel as if her flaws are actually detrimental to her character, as opposed to say, Rarity, who's flaws are actually beneficial to her character in terms of likability. That's how I see things, at least.

So...you hate her just because she isn't like you? :confused: I mean, Fluttershy and Pinkie are both pretty girly, do you hate them. too?? :confused: 

That's sort of a confusing reason to hate something...

Most people like characters because they are able to relate to them. Forget my last comment, I'm sorry, i'm not paying attention today XD. I don't HATE her, I do like her, I've learned to respect her, I'm just not very fond of her winy and over dramatic personality. 

So...you hate her just because she isn't like you? :confused: I mean, Fluttershy and Pinkie are both pretty girly, do you hate them. too?? :confused: 

That's sort of a confusing reason to hate something...

post-25990-0-01966600-1407635700_thumb.jpg

I'm not participating in this thread much since I really have a hard time ordering the Mane Six after Rarity and AJ, so I figured I'd have Trixie call Ghostie out. :P

1. Rarity

2. Applejack

3-6 tie of the rest and I'm not typing that much out to explain why four characters are my least favorite. 

• Brohoof 3

Most people like characters because they are able to relate to them. Forget my last comment, I'm sorry, i'm not paying attention today XD. I don't HATE her, I do like her, I've learned to respect her, I'm just not very fond of her winy and over dramatic personality. 

I don't know...I mean, yeahh, most people like characters they relate to, and prefer those to characters they don't relate to - I actually can completely understand that, but I really don't think not relating to something is a good reason to hate it :confused:

I mean, you went from "God I hate dislike her because I don't relate to her" to "I DO like her and respect her" :confused:

I don't get it...so many questions here :confused:

I don't know...I mean, yeahh, most people like characters they relate to, and prefer those to characters they don't relate to - I actually can completely understand that, but I really don't think not relating to something is a good reason to hate it :confused:

I mean, you went from "God I hate dislike her because I don't relate to her" to "I DO like her and respect her" :confused:

I don't get it...so many questions here :confused:

Yeah, I'm sorry, My Rarity hating got the best of me... That was awhile ago when I hated her that much, but since then I've started to respect her more, I dunno what I was thinking. I know you are a big Rarity fan TT^TT

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I'm sorry, My Rarity hating got the best of me... That was awhile ago when I hated her that much, but since then I've started to respect her more, I dunno what I was thinking. I know you are a big Rarity fan TT^TT

Ah - well, that's certainly understandable :lol: Same thing has happened to me with RD before :please: Don't sweat it.

All in favor of Applejack background pony jokes getting old say I.

I.

• Brohoof 3

Applejack.

I just find her a boring character.

Really the only thing I have to say about this is...

Applejack is best background pony. 

Hey come on, man that's not funny. :( AJ may be my least favorite, but she still has a lot of characterization.

• Brohoof 4

Applejack.

I just find her a boring character.

Hey come on, man that's not funny. :( AJ may be my least favorite, but she still has a lot of characterization.

This

Applejack also may be my least favorite, but as I said, I love all the mane six in their own unique way. Applejack may be the most down to earth character in the whole show and has an awesome accent.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity.

When I started watching MLP, I hated Rarity. Now I don't, but I can't relate to her at all, and she sometimes irritates me.

I. Do not. Hate. Rarity. Anymore.

I'd like to have some big explanation, but there's nothing else to say.

• Brohoof 3

This

Applejack also may be my least favorite, but as I said, I love all the mane six in their own unique way. Applejack may be the most down to earth character in the whole show and has an awesome accent.

Hear, hear :D I have to say, though, I respect AJ more than I like her. I still like her, though! She's like the voice of reason, and is like second in command to Twilight.

• Brohoof 2

Time to hop on the RD Defense Train

The difference is that RD usually has bragging rights

492351.gif

But regardless of that, Rainbow Dash has money and lives in a cloud mansion, so she's *privileged*

To be honest, we don't know if that's really her house. All we've seen is her room and the enterence. It's just pure speculation, if anything it just be could be an apartment complex

So she's *not privileged* at all - she's actually kind of poor if you think about it, and about as close to homeless as you can be without actually being homeless.

So she is *not privileged* and *not talented*

So she's *not privileged**not talented* and *lonely*

I don't think it's really fair to compare RD to Trixie, the difference maker being is that, honestly RD's ego is pretty much earned, whether people like it or not. It's pure speculation if whether or not she comes from a privilaged family, especially considering we know almost nothing about her background, that and no one is sure how the economy in Equestria works(especially considering gems are very easy to find and are still apparently valuable). Second is that the Sonic Rainboom isn't the only technique RD knows, and she is known for being a talented flyer. Even if she's on the lazy side, it's pretty safe to say that she's worked hard to get her flying ability to where she is now. This is where I stand with RD in this debate because, again whether people like it or not, Rainbow Dash's bragging and ego is, in all honesty, earned. This is, for me, different with Trixie, because honestly I don't see much with her. Now if she was a more prominent character in the show things would be different. Just almost everything we hear about Trixie is almost entirely based on fanon or speculation. She's not poor(otherwise she wouldn't have bought the Alicorn Amulet), she's not homeless as we saw she still had her wagon in MD, and in all honestly most her misfortunes were her fault. Yeah I can agree that some of the blame falls on Snips and Snails too, but otherwise Trixie lied about her achievements, and it's very difficult for me to sympathize with her 

Again I disagree, if it wasn't for her flaws she wouldn't have gotten to where she was now. Then again I could say that about the rest of the mane 6

• Brohoof 3