request shop Sidon's Cutie Mark Shop[HIATUS]

Sidon Aldermane

@

I hope you'll forgive the wait, been really hectic as of late. XP

Now these are the two variants I've created based off your design.  I like to think they maintain the initial concept, but I suppose that's subject to interpretation. They're a pretty far cry from your original, so I understand if you'd like me to alter them...

attachicon.gifJ Shy-3 cm(r2) v2.pngattachicon.gifDJ Shy-3 cm(r2) v1.png

I forgive you. :P The way I see it, you can take all the time you need. As they say, "Quality over quantity"

Anyways, I love the one on the left! You took the concept, threw it out the window, remade it by memory, and made it at least 200% better! The shades of purple perfectly contrast each other, the curvy brushes look so much better compared to the straight brushes, and I dunno what I was thinking when I asked for a curvy outline! The one of the left makes the pencil and paint brush look like they fit better inside the emblem, and it is all in all better than how I ever imagined it.

As for what I dislike about it, I really wanted the pointy end, like how you have it on the one on the right, but you worked with what you had, and I believe that you did your best with what you had. Because of that, I won't ask of you to edit it.

You very much outdid yourself with this cutie mark compared to the last one I requested. 9.6/10

Edited by DJ Shy-3

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a request, but something I felt had to be said about you.

You deserve to be in the Ponyverse Newsletter WITH a Q&A about you. I believe your cutie mark making skills are that good!

I agree. Your art is phenomenal. And with all this practice you're getting, it's going to keep improving.

A dream is only a dream as long as it stays in your head. Let it out, and make your dreams reality.

(edited)

@,@@Wolfe&Windsilver,  

Wow guys, thank you so much! I honestly can't tell you how much that means to me. I'm actually a little choked up right now. :squee:

You guys are the reason I love to do this, and these comments are worth more to me than anything!

Edited by Sidon Aldermane

College of Synergetics

cos_emblem_2_by_sidon_s-d8pv4up.png

Ponysona: Sidon Aldermane OCs: Hearthfire, Camellia, Oryol

• 4 weeks later...

@@Sweet Pen

Sorry for the wait, hope this is what you are looking for:

post-9927-0-56583900-1419842490_thumb.png

@@MooCowing

Thanks for your patience. Now, I've done two versions for you, one stylized and one that looks a bit more "shoe-like." Hope you like them!

post-9927-0-12459100-1419843851_thumb.pngpost-9927-0-48077400-1419843866_thumb.png

College of Synergetics

• 3 weeks later...

@@Sweet Pen

Sorry for the wait, hope this is what you are looking for:

attachicon.gifSweet Pen cm(r2).png

@@MooCowing

Thanks for your patience. Now, I've done two versions for you, one stylized and one that looks a bit more "shoe-like." Hope you like them!

attachicon.gifMooCowing cm v1.pngattachicon.gifMooCowing cm v2.png

I'm so sorry I haven't been on! These are amazing. I think I like the first one more. I like the cleaner, simpler design. Thank you so much!

@@MooCowing

No problem at all, glad you like it. ^^

@@bronislav84

Sorry for the late reply.

I probably won't be opening the request shop for a while, my job has been keeping me pretty busy. But maybe you could help me answer a question. I really enjoy designing these, but I'm a bit loaded down to do free work right now. Would you be interested if I opened a commissions shop?

College of Synergetics

I had thought you were busy. Looks like I was right.

Assuming it's not super expensive since it's not a full pony, sure. Maybe. I'd have to see how good at least a line art is compared to what Trees already made for my character in your absence. That would kinda be a waste of your time though, if I decide not to order. I don't want to put you through that for something that technically already exists and is as good as it's going to get. So yea maybe, just don't think it's needed anymore for this character.

img-31286-1-img-31286-1-img-31286-1-img-
by @Balareth+@Onion Sing

My OC Lektra Bolt: EvE Version/EqE Archive. My links in one place: https://lektragaming.carrd.co

• 1 month later...

I was wondering about something. Have you ever thought of expanding outside of cutie marks? Like making vectors of characters?

I ask because I wanna ask of you to draw my ponysona (link in my profile) waving to the person in front of the screen saying hello.

I WANT to ask this of you, but alas, you haven't created a thread for characters and this thread is just for cutie marks.

I was wondering about something. Have you ever thought of expanding outside of cutie marks? Like making vectors of characters?

I'll take that as a subtle hint.  link  Post anything you want me to reference from.

Hey, I've made an update of Emerald so I was wondering if you could re - draw her cutimark? The link is on my profile page if you aren't to busy.

Nice design. As it so happens I've been considering reopening requests recently. I'll add you to the queue.

College of Synergetics

(edited)

I need this soooo much O.o

Can you vector Double Espresso's Cutie mark (Refs in my signature, and are quite straightforward. No need to go hunt for anything)

The handle of the cup faces right. The smoke/steam columns are the shape of a mirrored S. Thank you for considering this :P

BTW, if you have a deviantArt account, you deserve a membership just because of your awesome vectoring, ya know? You have as much potential as Centchi, Lahirien, and Naz out there. Go for it Sidon ^^

Edited by PeridotPegasus

Hey m8, i'm here again, if isn't too much, ask for another one x.x

This one now is for my oc, Pitbull, and I need a better cutie mark for him, it's a pitbull head that I'm asking for.

This image is his cutie mark now, but I need a better design, that fits.
111688099364f32b.jpg

Hope you don't mind x.x

Totally not a support main.
Battletag:
Cloudie

ezgif.com-crop.gif.2c23b7cdb467e0d6a997b1afc6f0db98.gif

I was hoping to get my cutie mark designed as well, but I don't know if it's easy or hard to do. I can just tell in a detail description (or info) and show an overall picture as a reference. I just like to get my cutie mark designed as well.

post-6853-0-86570000-1425889409.jpg - you're getting the effect (the flowers of light) of this picture if you can try to replicate it. It's kind of like a wreath of flowers of happiness or joy (yeah, i called it flowers of light)

post-6853-0-12605000-1425889474.jpg - The Star tree minus the surrounding frame (which is the edges of the picture)

post-6853-0-26323400-1425889654.jpg - The Overall picture as a Reference

You can probably put the flowers effect(s) in the middle of the star tree like it was surrounded which was shown on the overall picture. You can do it anytime you want and there's no rush. If it's too hard, then probably just the star tree if that helps.

NJDSJjA.jpg