Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If Twilight Became Season 5's Villain?

Midnight Gaze

Christ, that entire seem makes it seem like there's a heart in that bag. Somehow more terrifying than I remember.

On topic, we can't have Twilight become evil, because she'd be discount Sunset Shimmer...who's actually discount Twilight Sparkle, The paradox would cause Hasbro Studios to spontaneously and violently self-detonate.

As if we didn't have enough with Rarity going all Nightmare Moon on the comics for no reason.

No, thanks. If there's gonna be a S5 finale or premiere villaim, I want it to be another G1 villain like Tirek.

G1 villains need to return because they are far more dangerous and evil.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.  I think they used Tirek a little early, though, honestly.  He's, like, the King of Villainy.  He should've come much later, after Grogar, Catrina, and maybe even Arabus reappeared.  Also that octopus-thing.  Ponies battling a ten-thousand-year-old Kraken would be cool.

Anyway, I feel the villains kind of took a nosedive after Lauren Faust left.  Discord was okay, but I feel he and Chrysalis had much more potential.  And Discord's reformation was just a bad move.  It's an even more extreme disappointment with Sombra.  I'd love to see more of him, where he has an actual speaking role.

Nightmare Moon was interesting, not only because she was echoing Tirek's battlecry of eternal night, but because she was Luna, who had fallen from grace.  And Faust said it was due to outside influence.  I think, if she had been left in control of the show and had gotten enough free reign and time to go into everything like she wanted, we would have seen Tirek speaking to Luna, a thousand years ago.  He would have caused her to go astray, and there would have been some serious drama when he inevitably returned.

• Brohoof 2

I agree with you wholeheartedly.  I think they used Tirek a little early, though, honestly.  He's, like, the King of Villainy.  He should've come much later, after Grogar, Catrina, and maybe even Arabus reappeared.  Also that octopus-thing.  Ponies battling a ten-thousand-year-old Kraken would be cool.

Anyway, I feel the villains kind of took a nosedive after Lauren Faust left.  Discord was okay, but I feel he and Chrysalis had much more potential.  And Discord's reformation was just a bad move.  It's an even more extreme disappointment with Sombra.  I'd love to see more of him, where he has an actual speaking role.

Nightmare Moon was interesting, not only because she was echoing Tirek's battlecry of eternal night, but because she was Luna, who had fallen from grace.  And Faust said it was due to outside influence.  I think, if she had been left in control of the show and had gotten enough free reign and time to go into everything like she wanted, we would have seen Tirek speaking to Luna, a thousand years ago.  He would have caused her to go astray, and there would have been some serious drama when he inevitably returned.

I agree, Tirek should have been the big final boss of the show. Octopus? Oh, you mean Squirk, the Hitler octopus of the ocean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw4q5kD_0FI

I do want to see others like Grogar or Lavan, but I fear Arabus won't appear, since G4 Tirek basically stole his "steal magic and grow up" style. Also Katrina probably won't be there. She's too much of a humanoid villain.

I would like to see Sombra, but I'm sure he's gone for good.

I agree, Tirek should have been the big final boss of the show. Octopus? Oh, you mean Squirk, the Hitler octopus of the ocean.

*video*

I do want to see others like Grogar or Lavan, but I fear Arabus won't appear, since G4 Tirek basically stole his "steal magic and grow up" style. Also Katrina probably won't be there. She's too much of a humanoid villain.

I would like to see Sombra, but I'm sure he's gone for good.

Yeah, that guy.  Squirk would've made a great start-boss, heralding the return of G1 villains.  Plus, a sea-side or island city would have meant more worldbulding, something this show kinda lacks.  Arabus was indeed robbed of his spotlight, which makes me sad.  That was one of my favorite G1 episodes, with both creepy dark enemies and non-pony races.  I think Katrina would fit in okay, since Iron Will appeared.  She's not really any more human-y than he is, I don't think.  I never got to see Lavan, unfortunately.  I was watching G1 on Youtube -- as I was born about ten years too late to have enjoyed it on the air -- and all the videos got pulled before I had time to finish the series.  I got most of the way through the second season, too, so I was almost done.  <:/

...We're getting off topic.  Maybe I ought to start a G1 speculation thread or something.

Edited by Nom de Plume
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, that guy.  Squirk would've made a great start-boss, heralding the return of G1 villains.  Plus, a sea-side or island city would have meant more worldbulding, something this show kinda lacks.  Arabus was indeed robbed of his spotlight, which makes me sad.  That was one of my favorite G1 episodes, with both creepy dark enemies and non-pony races.  I think Katrina would fit in okay, since Iron Will appeared.  She's not really any more human-y than he is, I don't think.  I never got to see Lavan, unfortunately.  I was watching G1 on Youtube -- as I was born about ten years too late to have enjoyed it on the air -- and all the videos got pulled before I had time to finish the series.  I got most of the way through the second season, too, so I was almost done.  <:/

...We're getting off topic.  Maybe I ought to start a G1 speculation thread or something.

Do so, it's a rather intriguing topic.

Hmm. Probably Squirk will return, and also we will the SEAPONIES again!

Edited by Darker

Do so, it's a rather intriguing topic.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/109038-past-generation-involvement-in-g4/

Boop.  I went with across-the-generations involvement, not just G1, because I think most people will have woven Generations Two and Three in as well, if they've gone to the trouble of working G1 in with G4.

Hmm. Probably Squirk will return, and also we will the SEAPONIES again!

*video*

Oh my GOSH, yes, bring the Seaponies back!  Though I kinda hope we get hippocampi (Hippocampuses?), not seahorses, this time.  It fits better with things like unicorns and pegasai.

Edited by Nom de Plume

Gotta agree with Darker on this a revamped gen 1 villain would be better than an evil Twilight. I just cannot see twi going bad for one thing, if any member is one bad step away from season villain its Fluttershy with Discord backing her up but I digress. I am rooting for Grogar to come in, he just seems epic.

• Brohoof 2

But an evil Twilight sparkle, hell, dude. You just got screwed - the element of freaking magic herself is out to get you. Alicorns are the (apparently) the strongest ponies in terms of magic. And you got the most magical one against you. Yeah, unless you can counter magic, she'll be cooking her opposition.

• Brohoof 1

Like if the Dark magic that Twilight uses in the Season 3 opener clouds her mind and her judgement and makes her turn against all of Equestria for two episodes? (Most likely the opener or the finale episodes)
That would be... SO AWESOME!  B)

Edited by Shadowking58
  • Brohoof 2

I would be totally up for a dark Twilight in one way, but it would have to make sense, I don't want it to be totally forced just for the sake of it, but if the execution is done right, it could be awesome to say the least.

I actually kinda thought that dark magic would've been explored more after the S3 premier and maybe have Twilight get corrupted in some way by it, but it seems that isn't the case thus far, and the appearance of dark magic has been pretty much none since the S3 premier.

But it could be cool, still, with the ending of S4, it just doesn't seem as though it would make a ton of sense to have something like that happen right off the bat, but if they pull it off right, I can see it being really cool and interesting.

I would be totally up for a dark Twilight in one way, but it would have to make sense, I don't want it to be totally forced just for the sake of it, but if the execution is done right, it could be awesome to say the least.

I actually kinda thought that dark magic would've been explored more after the S3 premier and maybe have Twilight get corrupted in some way by it, but it seems that isn't the case thus far, and the appearance of dark magic has been pretty much none since the S3 premier.

But it could be cool, still, with the ending of S4, it just doesn't seem as though it would make a ton of sense to have something like that happen right off the bat, but if they pull it off right, I can see it being really cool and interesting.

Or Corruption, that's basically what I meant by clouding her judgement and her mind, but you know, same meaning.

• Brohoof 1

Or Corruption, that's basically what I meant by clouding her judgement and her mind, but you know, same meaning.

Yeah, same meaning really ;p, you just explained it differently I suppose, and used different wording.

@@Shadowking58,@@Zygen, Yes. Definitly. Twilight said the tree is connected to the elements, and by extension to the mane six. It'd be interesting to see if, for instance, some evil entity tainted the tree, causing Twilight to become evil after she attempts to use the rainbow powers on it or something. Then the mane six search for a way to save her.

Crude and chilche, but arguably - since twilight's the strongest pony in terms of magic, she automatically becomes the biggest threat ever.

• Brohoof 1

@@Shadowking58,@@Zygen, Yes. Definitly. Twilight said the tree is connected to the elements, and by extension to the mane six. It'd be interesting to see if, for instance, some evil entity tainted the tree, causing Twilight to become evil after she attempts to use the rainbow powers on it or something. Then the mane six search for a way to save her.

Crude and chilche, but arguably - since twilight's the strongest pony in terms of magic, she automatically becomes the biggest threat ever.

Possibly, there are many possible scenarios involving how exactly Twilight could become evil.

The only issue i'd have with the whole corruption of the tree thing, is two things, first of all, the tree is protected by a very powerful magic according to what we've been told in the S4 premier, and the elements power that protection magic, so since the elements are now in the tree, you'd think it be protected from essentially everything, especially since it protected itself for like thousands of years without the elements.

Another thing, even if the tree was tainted, you'd think since it's connected to all the elements that it would thus affect all the mane 6.

That's just my thinking though, it could still work I suppose, as could all kinds of things, it really depends on a lot I suppose.

I feel like there's potential in the storyline but I don't think they'd ever do it. They also did a personality swap, at least with the other five, when they got Discord'd. We saw Twi just get depressed with that, not evil, but idk. I feel like since they did Luna already they won't do Twi. But really some of the stuff we saw in the Crystal Empire was really creepy -- I mean the whole concept of "dark" magic. They haven't really explained how it works and I want to know more about that. It seems like unicorns/alicorns like Twi and Celestia (of course Luna) can access that magic and I want to know about its potential and corrosive effects. Sombra was like engulfed with dark magic... how did that happen and why? And how dangerous is it? Is it kinda like the Dark Side or something? But it does appear to have its uses, so it isn't downright banned...

I'm kinda getting on a tangent, but yeah, more worldbuilding on dark magic, I'm behind G1 villains, I don't think they'd make Twi evil but they definitely opened up some strangeness with the dark magic which they haven't yet explained. There is some potential there.

It would be epic. But I would prefer Fluttershy being possessed by some sort of Forest Spirit who uses her to expand the forest. At the end an epic in-brain showdown between, Fluttershy overpowering the spirit, defeating it, and becoming a powerfull being herself. Maybe growing antlers.

G1 AN ABOMINATION? Hey, give respect, it's the grandaddy of your beloved FiM. And Lauren Faust's favourite cartoon as a kid. And it was her inspiration. And also, there wouldn't be G4 without G1-G3.5. Yes, even G3.5 inspired G4 with a ton of characters, like the CMC.

But hey, you have to admit, a revamped G1 villain is a much better idea than an evil Twi. I mean, look at what they did to Tirek, imagine what they could do to Grogar, Lavan, Arabus, Katrina, and the others!

No disrespect on G4 though, Lord Tirek is so far my favourite character in the show.

/) Brohoof, and sorry if I said something that offended you.

Oh I do respect g1, for an 80s cartoon it may not of been so terrible. But yes, a revamped g1 villain would CRUSH evil twi, personally, I want to see a villain teamup without the betrayal, Grogar and sombra could work.

• 3 months later...

Hear me out on this, but I think it'd be pretty freaking sweet if Twilight actually became a villain for the two closing episodes of Season 5. While I'd rather have the Season 5 Premiere focus on continuing from the end of Season 4 and focus on setting up the new season of the show. I think having Twilight as a villain could be good for a moral or a lesson at the end. Plus, it's always nice to see a good character gone bad (As opposed to Princess Luna/Nightmare Moon where we saw her as bad first and then she went good later.)

Like for example, remember that Dark Magic she used in The Crystal Empire: Part 2? (The Season 3 opener) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMOCsCqfCkI

Well, lets say that dark magic clouds her mind and judgement, and makes her turn against all of Equestria for those two episodes, and the episode revolves around them saving Twilight without killing her. I think it'd be a nice change a pace from "Oh, we have a problem? Rainbow Powers activate!" That most of the previous finale's and openers have been filled with.

Just my personal opinion, but I think something like that would be SUPER AWESOME! 

Doesn't help that I'm a sucker for stories like these.  :wub:

*cough* Corrupted Twilight *cough*

Edited by Shadowking58
  • Brohoof 1

@@Shadowking58, as a thread already exists which discusses Twilight as a potential villain for Season 5, I have merged your thread with the pre-existing thread. Please ensure you use the search function beforehand to check whether your desired topic for discussion already has a dedicated thread. :)