Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If Twilight Became Season 5's Villain?

Midnight Gaze

I thought about something relative to this. And the only solution/lesson was that the rest of the mane 6 would have to learn to handle on their own. And find some way without the help of the main protagonist, Twilight.

I picture the return of Chrysalis. However, disguises as twilight and tricks her "friends" until they are put up to a real threat, that does require the actual elements of harmony. As chrysalis is disguised as twilight, the element is rendered useless. Thus causing a double problem. That's how id imagine it anyway ;)

Edited by GreenDart
  • Brohoof 5

DUN DUN DUN!!!! Everything little girls knew about Twilight Sparkle was wrong. The end.

On a more serious note, I'd love to see that. Twilight being the villain? Imagine a dark magic Twilight clone that could do the trick.

• Brohoof 1

In a pinch, Rainbow Dash could check Twilight. So can Fluttershy unconventionally. Other than that, good luck. The princesses could do it, but Twilight's too smart to let anyone get to them. She'd disable spike and lock down the entire town.
But i'm cynical, there's not really a reason for her to turn to the dark side. She loves Celestia and her friends too much for that.

It would make for some great litterary drama, having their former leader turn against them (although it would be far more interesting to have her do it of her own will rather than have her be tricked or forced into doing it). It would be a great chance to have the dynamic of the other 5 shown, and allow all of them to really move into heros in their own right rather than just the friends of twilight.

I thought about something like that too, but season 5 sounds a bit too early.

Her links with her friends are very strong, and she's the princess of friendship. There should be something very important happening to her to betray them.

• Brohoof 1

I can see her getting hit with an 'evil spell' or something. But then failing at being a villain so hard, making it a comedy episode.

Come on, Evil Twilight Sparkle, that would be hilarious. :P

• Brohoof 1

No, thanks. If there's gonna be a S5 finale or premiere villaim, I want it to be another G1 villain like Tirek.

G1 villains need to return because they are far more dangerous and evil.

While some part of me kind of likes the idea of an evil Twilight, season 5 sounds way too early. She just got her "Castle of friendship" and defeated Tirek. Her bonds with her friends are stronger than ever right now. I could see this maybe working in another season a bit down the line, but certainly not right now.

There would have to be a really, really good reason for it though. And Twilight could never be "Truly evil". There'd still be some goodness in her. Her friends would have to help her see the light again somehow.

• Brohoof 3

Woah. There's a twist. Twilight becomes the villain, and her friends look for a way to restore her to her older self. Several levels of cool, but this'd get so many people upset, that i doubt this was feasible. 

No, thanks. If there's gonna be a S5 finale or premiere villaim, I want it to be another G1 villain like Tirek.

G1 villains need to return because they are far more dangerous and evil.

Yeeeeaaahhhh no, They were much more cloche and generic maybe, I hear all these things like they threatened decapitation and talk about murdering ponies, When people really exaggerate it, The villains of g1 never directly said "imma cut your head off biotch" just like G4 tirek said I wont try to disengrate you with lasers, I wont try to burn you to death with your house, and like how sombra never said I will enslave you all, like how that one teenage dragon didnt say, KILL THAT BABY BIRD, G4 is just as dark as g1 (more so actually) its just they were more direct with there dark moments, and the show sucked because of how generically evil they became.

While some part of me kind of likes the idea of an evil Twilight, season 5 sounds way too early. She just got her "Castle of friendship" and defeated Tirek. Her bonds with her friends are stronger than ever right now. I could see this maybe working in another season a bit down the line, but certainly not right now.

There would have to be a really, really good reason for it though. And Twilight could never be "Truly evil". There'd still be some goodness in her. Her friends would have to help her see the light again somehow.

Probably curse by 1 villian or dark magic takes her over.

I would love to see that

Yeeeeaaahhhh no, They were much more cloche and generic maybe, I hear all these things like they threatened decapitation and talk about murdering ponies, When people really exaggerate it, The villains of g1 never directly said "imma cut your head off biotch" just like G4 tirek said I wont try to disengrate you with lasers, I wont try to burn you to death with your house, and like how sombra never said I will enslave you all, like how that one teenage dragon didnt say, KILL THAT BABY BIRD, G4 is just as dark as g1 (more so actually) its just they were more direct with there dark moments, and the show sucked because of how generically evil they became.

Ah, yes, of course. Someone who underestimates Lauren Faust's favourite childhood cartoon.

Anyways, I see thay you haven't seen any of the G1 villains close, so I'm not going to waste too much time with you.

Nightmare Moon is a badly done villain, she does absolutely nothing, and gets her ass kicked easily. Just a Tirek and Maleficent rip-off.

Discord is a rip-off from a villain from Star Trek, who is at least somewhat evil.

Chrysalis is a rip-off of two Disney villains, Scar and Ursula. 

Sombra is a rip-off from Grogar, a G1 villain and Sauron, from Lord of the Rings. By far the worst rip-off.

Lord Tirek was decent, but aside from being a new Tirek, he also rips-off another G1 villain, Arabus, who also steals magic and shadows.

Tirek actually threatened to behead Spike in order to make Scorpan, who was at the time his keeper, more obedient and stealing ponies for his chariot of midnight, which he pulled off at the end of the episode to liberate the rainbow of darkness and bring eternal night annd corrupt all beings in OUR world with it.

That alone is far more than Discord's "chocolate rain" has ever done.

Also, he had a better voice actor than any of the amateurs that voiced G4 rogues. Victor Caroli, who was the Narrator of the G1 Transformers show and movie.

So, more respect.

The other villains are not as dark, but still evil. Also, Generic and clichéd? it was the 80s. It's more surprising to see how generic and cliched is the entire G4 cast in comparison. It's 24 years of difference, and G1 still holds up stronger, because how much more mature and darker it was.

• Brohoof 1

rapidash_twilight_by_10mariobrosmaster-d

That would be AWESOME!!! 

I know this is kind of similar to the comics but if it was possible for Twi to have come to the Nightmare forces? or on that line if Twilight was to go evil with them forces I would go to a appearance much like Rapitwi

Not gonna happen though. D:

It's too early for that. I believe that judging by the show's track record, while it is slowly becoming more ambitious, it will, for the moment, stick to a few theme per season.

In Season 1, you had the Grand Galloping Gala

In Season 2, you had nothing at all

In Season 3, you had extremely subtle hints towards Twilight's ascension and the beginning of the Equestria Games arc

In Season 4, you had the Equestria Games, Rainbow Power and Twilight's coming to terms with a Princess

Season 5 will most likely be about the Mane 6 finding about the mysterious table in the centre of their castle. They are probably now the ambassadors/council of friendship or something and will travel around Equestria resolving conflict.

But I do agree, if Chrysalis is brought back, she should impersonate one of the Mane 6 (preferably not one of the Rarity, due to Nightmare Rarity)

Ah, yes, of course. Someone who underestimates Lauren Faust's favourite childhood cartoon.

Anyways, I see thay you haven't seen any of the G1 villains close, so I'm not going to waste too much time with you.

Nightmare Moon is a badly done villain, she does absolutely nothing, and gets her ass kicked easily. Just a Tirek and Maleficent rip-off.

Discord is a rip-off from a villain from Star Trek, who is at least somewhat evil.

Sombra is a rip-off from Grogar, a G1 villain and Sauron, from Lord of the Rings. By far the worst rip-off.

Lord Tirek was decent, but aside from being a new Tirek, he also rips-off another G1 villain, Arabus, who also steals magic and shadows.

Tirek actually threatened to behead Spike in order to make Scorpan, who was at the time his keeper, more obedient and stealing ponies for his chariot of midnight, which he pulled off at the end of the episode to liberate the rainbow of darkness and bring eternal night annd corrupt all beings in OUR world with it.

Also, he had a better voice actor than any of the amateurs that voiced G4 rogues. Victor Caroli, who was the Narrator of the G1 Transformers show and movie.

So, more respect.

The other villains are not as dark, but still evil. Also, Generic and clichéd? it was the 80s. It's more surprising to see how generic and cliched is the entire G4 cast in comparison. It's 24 years of difference, and G1 still holds up stronger, because how much more mature and darker it was.

Mature and darker=better, tottally, gen1 had horrible animation (even for its time) boring characters with little personality, absolutely terrible pacing (grogars special was decent) also You are exaggerating the term rip-off, Discord wasnt designed with Q in mind at first, but once they had the basic outline faust said they needed john because of how similar they were, sombra was based around to be that menacing villain like sauron, they werent thinking grogar, they were thinking sauron if anything, and while g4 villains are generic, they all have at least one thing that makes them unique. So yes watching those agains (saw g1 like a year ago) I still hold my original point, mlp g1 is no darker than g4, its just that they are alot more direct and in your face with the dark stories, Sort of like twilights kingdom, Tirek was creepier in that one alley scene than in the entire g1 video, why? because he isnt going on and on about DARKNESS AND EVIIIIL, he is just there stealing the magic of others.

Mature and darker=better, tottally, gen1 had horrible animation (even for its time) boring characters with little personality, absolutely terrible pacing (grogars special was decent) also You are exaggerating the term rip-off, Discord wasnt designed with Q in mind at first, but once they had the basic outline faust said they needed john because of how similar they were, sombra was based around to be that menacing villain like sauron, they werent thinking grogar, they were thinking sauron if anything, and while g4 villains are generic, they all have at least one thing that makes them unique. So yes watching those agains (saw g1 like a year ago) I still hold my original point, mlp g1 is no darker than g4, its just that they are alot more direct and in your face with the dark stories, Sort of like twilights kingdom, Tirek was creepier in that one alley scene than in the entire g1 video, why? because he isnt going on and on about DARKNESS AND EVIIIIL, he is just there stealing the magic of others.

-Never said that G1 was better than G4 because it was darker. G4 is better. But because G4 just uses elements from previous gens.

-You do realize that MLP at the time had to fight other great cartoons from the 80s, right? Nowadays MLP has barely competition. Just silly shows that don't make sense. The animation wasn't great because it didn't have the technology nor the adequate group to work.

-Yes, the original concept brought John to voice the character, but once they got him, they started copying the character. Both have very similar humor and both have a very deep relationship with one of the main character.

-Both Sombra and Grogar have a kingdom that was hidden for a very long time. You tell me that not inspired him, aside, if I recall well both Sombra and Grogar appeared in the 3rd seasons of both shows. Also, both are necromancers, along Sauron.

-What? There's nothing unique or threatening about them. They are villains that come and go rather easily. Not enjoyable either, more annoying than anything.

-You now are correcting yourself, but why? I thought you were absolutely sure about G4 being darker. Or you just saw G1 from the outside and thought "this is crap"?

-But that's not good. The villains, the morals, the creativity and the personalities of the characters have to be subtle, in the background, and you have to think to notice everything. G4 spits every single moral at your face being more than obvious. The moral NEEDS to be learned, but you don't have to teach it.

-There's one thing villains do. They stay quiet and keep calmed for a second, but in the next scene they rampage and show they truly evil are. G1 Tirek was shown in the shadows, which was already creepy and also gave the show and Tirek's surroundings a bit of dark atmosphere, and especially when he is absolutely mad about Scorpan forgetting one pony, he goes out of his throne, transforms the ponies into dark beasts, and threatens to behead spike for his mission. G4 Tirek wanted just power (either that or transform into friggin Godzilla) while G1 wanted pure corruption of the entire world, not only for being a villain, but because he MENT something. He was designed to be a Satanic archetype. Also, G1's Arabus, who had been ripped-off by Tirek at stealing magic did it a lot better, he created a machine along his henchmen Zeb to capture all the magic and the shadows of the ponies, bringing them nothing but insanity and leaving them so weak, that you can clearly see their skeleton through their skin. THAT'S BEYOND DARK.

• Brohoof 1

hmmm interesting idea! Cartoons made for a slightly older target market (early teens) have had popular "good guys" become villains before (xiaoline showdown and teen titans for example) but I think it might be a bit of a stretch for my little pony.

However if Twilight did become a villain, I like to think that she'd be unaware of it. With her new responsibilities she'd slowly grow power hungry and begin a mission to control the world around her and "improve" it, make it her idea of paradise.

It would start of with small things, an early curfew for example...but then things would get darker. She'd force the citizens of Ponyville to go to mandatory school houses and work factories (as an attempt to improve productivity in Ponyville) and harshly punish anyone who refuses. She'd ban creative activities, free speech and the right to leave the village without her approval, she'd summon a magic barrier around her kingdom, stopping any nasty outsiders from coming in an contaminating everything. As an Alicorn Twilight is considerably more powerful then any pony who tries to fight her, they're just no match for their new master even when they gang up on her. Twis own personal royal guard are also powerful, devoted and probably brain washed.

As for Celestia and Luna, well maybe Twilight has cast a spell to shield them for what is happening in Ponyville, she'd still be sending them letter (using an imprisoned Spike) which will make everything seem normal. In Twilights twisted mind wants everything to be perfect before she shows them what a good job she has done as a princess. She thinks it will be "a nice surprise."

I'm not sure how it would end, I like to think Discord would do something about it (he'd say "oh I'm so bored of all this depressing order Twilight's created in Ponyville! It's time to get things back to normal!) He'd then gather up the mane six who  have lost contact with one another and are all pretty depressed to get them to help him snap twilight out of her madness.

Edited by Flytee
  • Brohoof 3

Heck, I love that idea. If it does actually happen, here's my storyline :3

While Twilight Sparkle was in the library of the old caste of the two sisters, some of Nightmare Moon's darkness or something, was still leftover. Then, that night, when the moonlight hit Twilight, she transformed into a dark Nightmare moon Twilight Sparkle. :wub: it would be so AWESOME!!!!

Edited by Hailcanuseacomputer

-Never said that G1 was better than G4 because it was darker. G4 is better. But because G4 just uses elements from previous gens.

-You do realize that MLP at the time had to fight other great cartoons from the 80s, right? Nowadays MLP has barely competition. Just silly shows that don't make sense. The animation wasn't great because it didn't have the technology nor the adequate group to work.

-Yes, the original concept brought John to voice the character, but once they got him, they started copying the character. Both have very similar humor and both have a very deep relationship with one of the main character.

-Both Sombra and Grogar have a kingdom that was hidden for a very long time. You tell me that not inspired him, aside, if I recall well both Sombra and Grogar appeared in the 3rd seasons of both shows. Also, both are necromancers, along Sauron.

-What? There's nothing unique or threatening about them. They are villains that come and go rather easily. Not enjoyable either, more annoying than anything.

-You now are correcting yourself, but why? I thought you were absolutely sure about G4 being darker. Or you just saw G1 from the outside and thought "this is crap"?

-But that's not good. The villains, the morals, the creativity and the personalities of the characters have to be subtle, in the background, and you have to think to notice everything. G4 spits every single moral at your face being more than obvious. The moral NEEDS to be learned, but you don't have to teach it.

-There's one thing villains do. They stay quiet and keep calmed for a second, but in the next scene they rampage and show they truly evil are. G1 Tirek was shown in the shadows, which was already creepy and also gave the show and Tirek's surroundings a bit of dark atmosphere, and especially when he is absolutely mad about Scorpan forgetting one pony, he goes out of his throne, transforms the ponies into dark beasts, and threatens to behead spike for his mission. G4 Tirek wanted just power (either that or transform into friggin Godzilla) while G1 wanted pure corruption of the entire world, not only for being a villain, but because he MENT something. He was designed to be a Satanic archetype. Also, G1's Arabus, who had been ripped-off by Tirek at stealing magic did it a lot better, he created a machine along his henchmen Zeb to capture all the magic and the shadows of the ponies, bringing them nothing but insanity and leaving them so weak, that you can clearly see their skeleton through their skin. THAT'S BEYOND DARK.

Sense I am not into arguing so much I will just answer one of your points, I never meant to say g4 was darker, but What I said was g4 is darker in my eyes, but g1 is alot more upfront with there dark moments to the point its to much, I dont need death threats in mlp, I prefer subtle dark over "imma rape all you yummy ponies" Good day, nice argument, but btw, I still consider g1 an abomination, but at least it is dark :/

I don't expect that happening this season, though, it's an interesting concept. I don't think Twily would willingly do it, I expect her being forced or tricked to go to the dark side, or being kidnapped and an impostor replaces her to frame her. Just imagine, the drama, shock, feelings of hopelessness, betrayal, would be amazing. I like that idea because I read a sweet fan fic where our favorite awkward nerd went to the dark side ;)

Sense I am not into arguing so much I will just answer one of your points, I never meant to say g4 was darker, but What I said was g4 is darker in my eyes, but g1 is alot more upfront with there dark moments to the point its to much, I dont need death threats in mlp, I prefer subtle dark over "imma rape all you yummy ponies" Good day, nice argument, but btw, I still consider g1 an abomination, but at least it is dark :/

G1 AN ABOMINATION? Hey, give respect, it's the grandaddy of your beloved FiM. And Lauren Faust's favourite cartoon as a kid. And it was her inspiration. And also, there wouldn't be G4 without G1-G3.5. Yes, even G3.5 inspired G4 with a ton of characters, like the CMC.

But hey, you have to admit, a revamped G1 villain is a much better idea than an evil Twi. I mean, look at what they did to Tirek, imagine what they could do to Grogar, Lavan, Arabus, Katrina, and the others!

No disrespect on G4 though, Lord Tirek is so far my favourite character in the show.

/) Brohoof, and sorry if I said something that offended you.

• Brohoof 3

So, more respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaQ7F58pK2g

Christ, that entire seem makes it seem like there's a heart in that bag. Somehow more terrifying than I remember.

On topic, we can't have Twilight become evil, because she'd be discount Sunset Shimmer...who's actually discount Twilight Sparkle, The paradox would cause Hasbro Studios to spontaneously and violently self-detonate.

• Brohoof 1