Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom, @@Moonlit

"Wh-- Hey! Ziggy, wait!" Trinket exclaimed out, a little too late - the zegasus had already left outside along with Fah'lina. Perhaps they had a few errands to run in order to prepare everything they needed for the Siren's meeting with the princess. But either way, the blue mare didn't exactly expect to be left alone in the house with Serenade. Slowly diverting her eyes from the shut exit door, she soon turned towards the Siren, smiling awkwardly.

"S...So, uhm...." She attempted to break the ice. "Do you like... fish?" It didn't really come out how she expected.

@@Driz,@@Blitz Boom"Trinket....you do not....need to force....conversation...I can....tell your...scared." Serenade slowly pushes herself off the rock, so her tail and lower half are in the water. "What...can I do....to make you more...comfortable?.." The Siren rolls on her side, draping herself off the rock. 

Edited by Moonlit

(edited)

@@Lloyd

"Actually, none of ya got it right. I could get it fixed up at a healer or potentially get it done myself if I wanted to take the chance, but the new ones gets sorted after a few weeks on their own, and I wanna keep the old ones. They remind me of good times.

Like I said, it's from fighting the lil' griffins when I grew up mostly, and a few as I grew older and got into some friendly fights. They represent times when the others thought that I were enough like 'em to include me in their playtime and accepted me in general, and though I know it sounds a bit wonky, they really do remind me of some of the best times of my life."

Chow knew it sounded sappy, or crazy, considering he were not talking about gifts here, but wounds that had gone deep enough to give scars, yet it were the bare truth of things. Since he had never been one of them, being included were the best thing he could ever hope for. And considering this was seen as play with the little ones and a friendly brawl with the more adult of 'em, it were essentially their way of accepting him, even if it sometimes were briefly.

"Not everything's because of magic and bad memories. There's some good things hidden in the past that leaves its mark too, though granted, it doesn't tend to be as literal at this."

He grinned at the two of them, and suppressed a feeling to go over and give Astral a little friendly punch on the shoulder. Might end badly if he did, or make her ward give him a smacking, which were also quite bad he'd think. Nasty piece of work from what he had gathered.

=========================================================================

@

"You've moved everything we had ordered anyway, so not really anything more for you to doing that department. Thanks again for that by the way. it helps to keep the time schedule."

She wasn't one to give thanks out too often, but it was called for currently she'd say. both because of the help, and because he hadn't met her with a flying tree trunk or something similar. he were still agitated though, but considering the alternatives, this were likely the better option. Thinking he could calm down like it were nothing wasn't something realistic to hope for anyway.

"As for somewhere you can calm down, there's not much outside the forest far as I know. A few loners, perhaps a creek or something similar, though there is the Castle of Two Sisters if it were. There is room enough to wander and still books that can be read and examined I assume. Though keep in mind Senvious, that the castle isn't something to destroy if it were. It holds historical value."

It was also a place that Last had considered going when she had the time, and examine the damages, in case it could be rebuild. The sisters were unlikely to ever move back there, but for those like her that had served and still wished to, be it for Celestia or Luna, it could prove a good place to train, and be prepared for the time when they would be called for again. A safer space than the shrine for certain, yet still far enough away from others to where they could have some peace to work with.

Granted, she'd need permission from the princesses, and then work on getting the finances ready to get materials, then make contact to some of the others that she could find, etc. but it would be something to strive for at least before she just hung up the idea of protecting a place anymore and became a bounty hunter.

There were a few other options she had on what to do that could still work before this, like protecting Ponyville, but she doubted that she could remain there for long periods at a time if it were normally boring and peaceful. She had been through too much in her life to be able to easily settle down in peace and just relax anymore, and she weren't as adaptable as for example her sister, who didn't take too long to get used to the lower degree of anything beyond training that happened in the Night Guard.

"In any case, what do you consider relaxing? Reading, nature shows or something else? I can point you towards whatever, and send somepony along to keep you company when it is. I can't leave town when I'm supposed to lead the workers."

Wel that, and she had to be near the hospital in case anything happened with her stitches. But mentioning that would be a sign of weakness right now, and she wasn't going to go down that road in front of the alicorn. Not right now.

=======================================================================

@@dragon4111

Stargazer leaned in and looked closer at the ring. It looked rather pretty, and if this had been twenty years prior he might have tried to nick it on that account alone, but that was a different life that was long since over, and currently he didn't even think he should touch it, just in case there were something with it.

"Can't say I have. And I think I would remember something looking like that, though I get the impression that looks aren't the only thing there is noticeable about this."

====================================================================

@@Handsome Changeling

"I would advise against seeking aid with the hive of Queen Onache, but beyond that, it doesn't hurt to be prepared. It can often mean the difference between victory and defeat."

Queen Onache were a rather touchy subject with the changelings that she had met before, and after some persuation, she had managed to gather that it were a tribe known for abducting and working the drones of other hives like they were slaves until the day they perished from exhaustion, or worse things that essentially made them a pariah amongst the hives who knew of them. And since their location kept changing, it were hard to make a counter-offensive against them, though from what she had heard, it would prove hard to as well, as she apparently bred some good fighter drones. How much of it were true were questionable, but she worked on what information she had.

Which didn't include something that Senvious might know, which were that the hive had been invaded by Chrysalis when she began to prepare for the attack on Canterlot, and tried to drag as many changelings into the fight as possible. The queen had felt emboldened enough to challenge Onache to a duel between them, were the winner would get the loser's hive, and Onache had accepted. She didn't believe that the weak were allowed to lead, so the deal were one that spoke directly to her ideals.

It hadn't been an easy fight, but eventually, Onache had been defeated, and as the terms dictated, she gave the reigns of her hive to Chrysalis and swore allegiance to her new queen.

The whole thing had happened about a month before the attack on Canterlot, so Void might have even been there to see it himself, and know that the former queen were last heard of as a combat trainer for Chrysalis' troops, with her whereabouts after Chrysalis lost her hive being unknown. The *new changelings* wasn't exactly forthcoming with whatever or not she were with them, had left with Chrysalis, or were now out on her own.

"But as you said, avoiding a civil war would be the thing to focus on first. It would spill over, and make the other races get involved to protect themselves. Diplomacy would be a good start, though it doesn't sound like you would make the best ambassador, in all fairness. It would have to be a changeling that were more neutral about the whole thing.

Regardless, I believe that-"

Belladonna stopped talking and pointed her ears towards town. She could've sworn she heard something familiar, but after a few seconds of nothing, she veered away from the behavior again.

"My apologies, I thought I heard something."

@@genessee

@@Shineling

@@Midnight_Aurora

"Lance, eh? Cool name."

Molotov grinned and trotted along, wanting to find someplace to eat fast before his stomach roared high enough to attract a lion, yet when Lance showed up at the food parlor, he weren't there anymore.

Well, he were still close by, but he were over at a pony that were aiming for the closed down bakery shop, which he took as the lil' one being hungry, but not knowing what were with the stalls that were set up. Free food galore trumped this place, and he knew it were free, He'd seen the sign before he turned and went over here.

"Hey you, I think they're closed and over at the stalls. Come on, it's free food. I bet they got some cakes too if that's what's cracking."

He faced her with a grin, but Molotov was a bit weird looking - especially in rural places like this - so he might not look as friendly as he wanted to.

Meanwhile, over at the food stall, Void saw the first of likely many ponies approach with her heart pounding like crazy, and swallowed what felt like a golfball with spikes.

"H-Hello. Is there uhm... What w-would you like to eat?"

That she were nervous were an understatement, but hopefully this pony would be nice about things.

===========================================================================

@@EQ_Theta

"You don't make sense. The flowers said what he did, and it isn't enough? What of the one who followed his orders? Not something usable?"

She had forgotten the name of the longma that had tried to capture them first, but he had been following orders. Ghilan had said so, so why couldn't they just make him say it? Unless he had told them about that and it still didn't make it enough? Either way, it didn't make sense to Omen why it wasn't enough to find him and ask him these things. Were they afraid of him? Or just didn't want to go on because they couldn't find him?

Might be that she could, but she needed something of his energy to do that, and so far she hadn't been told of anything that had it. She were going to ask these about it, when Lin whispered to her and brought her to silence for the time being.

Her way of speaking meant that she couldn't really pick and chose who heard what. If she said anything it would be at the same volume, and it would be to them all, so whatever she responded with would be *heard* by the useless council too.

"...What is enough information to get you to look for him, or give me something of his so I can?"

She looked from Lin and towards the council. Even she knew that she couldn't answer Lin right now, so instead of that, she went to ask what they could go and look for. If they couldn't find Salosan, perhaps they could find whatever would be good enough, and then deliver it to get things going? There had to be something specific at least.

Honestly though, she did think that it would be simpler to just find Discord and bring him here to make these three start on something, or just make Discord find Salosan, but she doubted Sen and Lin would like that. The Discord she knew wouldn't stop at just these three, but would also have his fun around town in general, and that wouldn't put her friends in a good light. It would liven up things a lot, and get them answers one way or another, but it wouldn't end well in the eyes of everypony else than her and him she supposed.

===============================================================

@@Missklang

"My name is Nerzhei. I'm a scholar researching into an ancient history book, as well as magical gems and the applications thereof. This is Lotus. She kicks if you try to hug her."

And as were seen, the bunny also kicked when she were talked about like a minor side-kick with a gimmicky role. It made Nerzhei wince a tiny amount, but not by much. She had gotten used to Lotus' little attacks during the years, and wouldn't give her the satisfaction anymore of seeing her let out word of pain from the surprisingly hard-hitting attacks she set upon her at times.

"As for what you say, I am surprised to hear that you apply chaos magic. It isn't something natural to either dragon nor pony from what I know, so it shouldn't be an inherent thing like unicorn telekinesis, geomancy, or something akin to that. It's curious, but I assume it can manifest in anyone. hard to understand the whimsical nature of chaos sometimes."

Quite frankly, she tended to use as little time as possible around chaos magic, as it were unpredictable and hard to work with when you wanted a stable function in anything, but she still had to keep some gems with the essence in it around for her studies. Much as chaos were random it were also powerful, and something that had a sort of order if you knew what you looked hard enough, according to some of the books she had read, so she kept at it and hoped to find some degree of sense in it and ability to funnel the energy correctly. If she could get a better control of bigger chunks of the element instead of the small slivers she did now, the potential for things like self-sustained energy sources would begin to look a little clearer, if the energy remained consistently strong when controlled that were.

However, that wasn't the point right now. This halfling were, along with his friend who sounded more like the kind of being she liked to be around, but never had to chance to back home. That being a creature with dragon blood in her veins, a a functional brain.

"The friend you speak of, Alscenia, what type of being is she? Not s in race, but personality wise. I haven't met dragons with libraries before, and especially not the sort who have enough knowledge to need a spell to find certain tomes. Is she a scholar of sorts herself, or simply one of those who have a tendency for hoarding, as you say?"

It was a guilty pleasure of the dragon race, and one she couldn't say that she hadn't participated in before. In her case, it were gems, and it had been the start of how she began to research one of her current main subjects really, when she had begun to find a few in her pile that were capable of containing and expelling magic.

She were more in control of herself these days, but she had to admit that the first time she had wandered past a jewelry store after entering Equestria... It had tested her.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom,

He lets down his irritated tone. "A spa. Or a pool perhaps... Reading would be the 2nd option, considering I have the desire to go visit the 2 princesses soon... Or maybe... Both? Yeah... Somepony could bring the books to the spa and I can read them while in the water, but with a waterproofing spell... Excellent!" He smiles rather smugly, looking at Last.

@@Blitz Boom,

Blood Drops buried her head in deeper and covered herself in a fresh set of logs. She snorted unhappily, she couldn't even hide properly without making a mess of that. "I want to hide in the logs" she grumbled. She wasn't comfy anymore, she hadn't been comfy to begin with. She had finished thinking over her plan, it was a good plan after all.

She then pushed herself out of the log pile scattering the logs all over the place. She frowned at Nerzhei "You want me to go away? So i don't cause any trouble? I'm a bad pony after all" she remarked to her. She looked at the fire and blinked, maybe it would be better if she jumped into it, then there would be no more problems.

She edged closer to the fire.

@@Blitz Boom,

Void winced slightly at Onache, he felt he had heard it before but shrugged it off, then the name reminded him of the worst Queen he has met, his memories of Queen Ambrosia came back and his wincing from the mention of Onache became far more prominent.
His hooves reared up taller then before, he held his posture and continued giving his neutral face which seemed to consists of a constant slightly cheeky smirk or grin, showing a small amount of his maw inside.

"The Queen Onache rings a bell. I am sure she was friends with that twisted little Queen Ambrosia too... I only met the main five Queens but Onache was mentioned I am sure of it. Especially during the Canterlot Assault days, she was a very common name, never seemed friendly according to the drone soldiers. In fact, she seemed evil, as evil as Ambrosia herself. The Queen of Queens being the only one able to keep her under control?"

Voids memories were vague, the crash landing post Canterlot attack always did mix up his memories and damage some of them as it likely should have, Ambrosia was always the feared one and Onache reminded him of this, how bad Ambrosia was. She was corrupt, but not in the bad way, it's what made her fearful and horrible, she used other creatures, even her own Hivelings as 'play things' She would brake their limbs, sing, cheerfully, and it seemed she had no idea what the idea of pain was, she was utterly barbaric and yet so kind? It's what made her the most unhinged Queen he has ever met. Void conducted diplomacy with her once for his Queen Miasma, the day wasn't pleasant. At all.  

"I have no idea who the Queen Onache is, and nor have I ever met her, but I have heard of her, and I would prefer to keep my Hive memories off the table until we are closer as friends Belladonna" His voice sounding almost stern as he then continued "I can be a strong talker when needed, but alas, my opinion is biased, my friend Vespidrome is far too insane, just like her Queen... Ambrosia... So she would make an awful ambassador too, as would my other friends I still know of. I need a Changeling of pure intent, they would suit the role"

Void did take in everything his new friend said, processed it and put it into deep thought, anything he didn't answer or respond too was obviously rushed to the back of his mind for many reasons, his face looking perplexed almost as he shook his head several times and mumbled, he then raised his head and looked at this mare in a confused manner.

"What is it you thought you heard? Is it dangerous? I would rather avoid danger especially with my attitude now being so mellow"

@@Blitz Boom,

"My name is Nerzhei. I'm a scholar researching into an ancient history book, as well as magical gems and the applications thereof. This is Lotus. She kicks if you try to hug her."

Nerzhei? It's a nice name. 

"As for what you say, I am surprised to hear that you apply chaos magic. It isn't something natural to either dragon nor pony from what I know, so it shouldn't be an inherent thing like unicorn telekinesis, geomancy, or something akin to that. It's curious, but I assume it can manifest in anyone. hard to understand the whimsical nature of chaos sometimes."

You are right, it is not natural. I wasn't born this way, but I didn't become like this by choice. As far as I know, beings who can naturally wield chaos magic are extremely rare, perhaps even not existing. Even Discord didn't have the powers all the time. But I get carried away. Chaotic magic is very different from normal magic. The closest example is for example the difference between normal and quantum physics, but even more. It doesn't really follow rules, there are no "spells" so to speak. Each spell is somewhat unique even if similar to the one cast before. Therefore, the wielding of it has some sort of madness as a necessary condition. Otherwise at best your mind bugs, and at worse you do something that results in a huge disaster. 

He started to laugh in a very mad-scientist-like style.

"The friend you speak of, Alscenia, what type of being is she? Not s in race, but personality wise. I haven't met dragons with libraries before, and especially not the sort who have enough knowledge to need a spell to find certain tomes. Is she a scholar of sorts herself, or simply one of those who have a tendency for hoarding, as you say?"

Well, I would guess scholar could work too? She doesn't hoard books, it's more knowledge she seeks. You see, she lives in a castle somewhere in some woods. I forgot where though. Through the years she almost never left the castle studying every book in the massive library it had. She also established a laboratory for researchers in diverse fields, mostly magical of course. It's interesting how she managed to live for so long on her own without requiring to meet anypony or visit a town. I was the first pony in centuries that she spoke to. She doesn't like going out as you might have guessed, so I'm the one who started to do errands for books or ingredients she couldn't find in an immediate proximity of the castle. Although I do must say that I convinced her that it can be fun to visit places and do things. After all, it's not good to stay locked in a tower for all lifetime right? She especially like arcane arts. She learns how magic works, that allows her to create spells which, according to her, is quite difficult and could take months. Also enchanting. Heh, she might not be the most powerful mage I met, but the magical knowledge and strategic tactics of hers are quite formidable which don't compensate for the total lack of experience but is a quality none the less. And such wonderful eyes!

He stopped and smiled.

I am sorry, it is quite hard for me to describe her in a strictly objective manner. It is someone I appreciate deeply. 

Edited by Missklang

@@Blitz Boom,

Astral smiled at his little joke. "You're right about that." She held her necklace. "Things tend to make a mark, literally, and figuratively." She let go of the necklace, letting it dangle from it's hold.

Misty nodded. "Definitely true in his case." She said jerking her head towards Chow. "Anyways, we have boxes you carry in." She said, walking back outside. "That'd be more productive than standing around and asking questions about each other."

Astral smiled at Misty. "True." She followed Misty outside, standing next to the wagon. "Perhaps you could check the boxes too, I'll need the help." She looked to Chow. "You too. Simply open the box, if the stuff inside is books or potions, it goes downstairs. Anything else, check with me."

"He should check anyways actually, no matter what the contents are."

Astral shrugged, with a nod. "That works too."

@Blitz Boom

"You would be correct in that assumption. It's an anti magic ring. It disrupts a unicorn or alicorn in our case. It's something that the boys in the courier guild made. I never really understood the thaumaturgy behind it but it's very effective," Draco stated with a chuckle. " Plus if things got hairy well the unicorns and alicorns need a focusing point for their horns. Cut those off no focusing point," Draco explained as he stretched his wings. "Humph buttering up to someone just makes them worse. A sign of your a push over," he stated simply. "I calculate it'll take a take for my dear peregrine falcon to get to Manehatten," Draco stated simply. He then sighed "Let's hope they don't awaken Ancalagon," Draco said slightly as he breathed in then out.

stuff

"Yeah...that'd be a great idea." Deadpan sniffled,  "What do we do after all this?"

------------------

"I would never attack an innocent person unless I was tricked or brainwashed! And even then, I very rarely physically attack!" Zen frowned, looking...oddly almost betrayed over the implication she'd attack someone.

@@Blitz Boom

"Well, what're you gonn- oh." Lance stopped mid sentence when he noticed  that Molotov and Carmen weren't following him anymore. "Figures." Lance then trotted inside the parlor, both annoyed and sad that Molotov had left without him. Oh well. You never were really big on friends anyway.

*The young mareish filly frowned, when she heard that.* "Darn it. Another good shop closed. Guess I just have to keep looking. Where are these stalls you speak of? Also, if the food ain't made with TLC, Tender Love and Care, like they should be, I won't be able to eat. I have always gotten sick from food that wasn't made that way. My old caretaker found that out back when I was a foal. Thanks to Scoots though, I was able to get better." *She doesn't want to trust this one, but her hunger was starting to eat at her mind again. She hated this feeling.* "Also, what about the one that went into that place over there? Besides, I just woke up.earlier. The Orphanage looks like it will need a few repairs but nothing serious. I hope Scoots is Okay." *She pointed to the one who looked annoyed just now.*

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

@@Moonlit,

"I... I, uh... W--Well..." Trinket struggled to come up with an excuse. Perhaps she really was way too obvious with her actions and overall demeanor to be able to conceal her uneasiness.

"Listen... I'm not... scared, per se.  It's just that..." The mare paused for a moment,carefully choosing her words in order to not accidentally make Serenade feel bad. "It's just a new experience to me, y'know? I've never seen a Siren before, and... it's honestly kinda... uhm... overwhelming, in a sense." She then shook her head. "I'm sorry, really... It's not you, it's me. I don't have any excuse: I'm just a coward, is all... I just need some time to get accustomed to meeting new ponies-- uhh, I mean... new... uhm... friends."

Edited by Driz

@@Driz,@@Blitz Boom"I understand....what would...you like....me to do....to assure you." Serenade offers Trinket a closed-mouth smile. She had given ponies before an open-mouthed smile before and it did not end well. Being an Apex Predator around herd-based herbivores tended to trigger their flight reflexes, she suppressed a laugh trying very hard not to imagine the Flower Trio screaming OH THE HORROR before flopping over and twitching. "If...you want...there are...extra muffins...in the bread...box"

@@Blitz Boom

"Plenty," the third elderly member of the triumvirate replied to Omen. "Names of known associates are a start. His holdings, property, even missives written by him personally all constitute the information that could make this investigation worthwhile. Unfortunately, elder Ghilan here was short-sighted to see the worth of these materials that he had them destroyed or distributed to others who could benefit from them. Whatever is left is more or less inconclusive."

Elder Ghilan flared up and slammed his clenched fist onto the wooden table. "Wait just a minute, I consulted you three on that matter years ago! How is it my fault for following your suggestions?" 

"We 
are simply here to offer guidance. The decision to follow our words ultimately lies in you. If you find any more proof of Solasan's involvement, then we'll reconsider. For now, this meeting is adjourned. Take back your documents, elder Ghilan. And Sen, for what it's worth, you have our sympathies." 

Sen stood up and responded calmly yet angrily: "Your words mean nothing to me. If your sentiments are genuine, then you'd better do more than just offer a knee-jerk excuse for your actions. Otherwise, do us all a favor ask yourselves just how sorry you are."

The elder begrudgingly stood up and gathered the documents. He returned to his seat and rummaged through each, attempting to find something he could use to salvage the case before the council left. Each one was a familiar sight; he penned each report and document himself and there was no sign of tampering. One of them, however, was not written by him, and the elder knew that note was not there to begin with. 

Ghilan picked up the note and waited for the council to leave before reading it. Sen and Lin gathered close and wanted to see it for themselves. 

"Speak to the healer," he read aloud. "Ask about mushrooms and spindleweed. She knows the rest." 

Edited by EQ_Theta

If what he were hoping to be faced with were a mare more than eager to spring to action and help, Senvious wouldn't find that. Last just kept looking at him as simple as she had thus far, uncaring about anything his title might entail him normally.

"I've been told that the spa in Ponyville is still functional, so you can try there, and I'll see if anypony can get a book somewhere. Follow me."

She turned around and began to wander towards the spa, thinking the alicorn would follow her, though she didn't go far before she spotted an onlooker that had stopped up on his way past to gawk at Senvious, and went over to him. Last stayed with him a few seconds and mumbled something to him, before signalling him to get going with a movement of her head. Might be that these weren't her kin at the shrine, but they had learned well to get going when she signaled or told them to, even if this one let his eyes linger on Senvious a few seconds more before hitting the road.

"He'll spread the word and make sure everypony keeps the courier away from the area around the spa for now. He'll try and find a book when he's done telling a few to get the chain going. Fine enough?"

======================================================================

@@BloodDrops

@@Missklang

Nerzhei were going to reply to Missklang when the pony returned and made her silently contemplating just grabbing hold of her, wander back to the forge and use her as kindling. She hated over-dramatic being like this.

"Hold on, I gotta address this."

Turning her back on Missklang for the moment, her gaze fell on the ill pony that were trying to prove something by moving closer towards the forge, despite it being quite a distance from them currently.

"I told you, I keep my word and will help you, but what way do you expect me to react when you don't think before you act and try to kill a fr- acquaintance of mine? With laughter? I am not carefree enough to just let something like that be brushed off like that, regardless of how she ended up fine.

Now, stop overreacting to a perfectly logical response, and try to focus here instead. Play with your bombs or something instead perhaps, and show that you can work responsibly with them instead of what you did the last time. Might make me less prone of thinking that you have no self control, and can actually trust you a bit again, which will help as we try to find you a cure. You wanted to be healthy again after all, yes?"

Truth be told, she were unlikely to ever trust this pony, but she could pretend for a time if it were. Provided that the mare gave her reason to think higher of her than she did thus far, of course.

"As for you Missklang, your friend sounds rather intriguing. Not many with dragon blood actually researches things, and sadly, especially those few of us that have the gift for actual magic, which leaves quite a bit of wasted potential. To hear another that is even some parts dragon that uses time to improve and feed her mind, is frankly a delight. Perhaps one day I could meet her, when the situations are right and you have found your way to her with more ease? I would enjoy the chance to speak with someone of a greater mind than those simpletons I have mostly had to deal with."

She gave him a knowing look when she said the word *friend* as he sounded like he were head over hooves for her, but she didn't want to mention it in case he didn't wish for it to be a wide-known thing. Privacy was a valuable treasure that needed to be guarded sometimes.

"As for the inns and outs of chaos magic, I am not much of a specialist there. I research it to try and use it in more controlled settings, but I am more of a geomancer myself, which is quite a different approach. Easier to control, even if the mental pressure from trying to move rocks in the correct manner and shape them properly can be strenuous.

Then again, I don't know what sort of stress your mind undergoes, and likely won't be able to properly know unless I suddenly found myself in the strange position of being a chaos mage myself.

From what you said though, it carries some degree of madness at the bare minimum, yes? Though even as random as it can appear, there have to be some meaning to the madness too, yes? Some kind of way to guide through the madness and find a path? Otherwise, chaos wouldn't be safe to wield for anyone, including Discord, whom - from the stories I've read - knew how to control the result of his even from the earlier recordings. Or at least the ones I have had access to."

@@Handsome Changeling

"If it were whom I thought I heard, then there's barely any danger. he's not much of one to anypony but himself."

Belladonna tried to carry on and simple answer the questions like she had thus far, and keep her cool and collected self, yet during the response that were given to her by Void, she had visibly winched thrice, as if remembering a particularly harsh instance involving what she heard. In this case, the name of Queen Ambrosia.

There were likely several ways that this could have a connection, but considering how unfazed she tended to be with the rest of things, whatever made her wince at the name alone were likely personal, and something with a story behind. Though likely, not something she just shared with everypony, and would only tell somepony she considered an actual friends. Terms that Void too had set up around the more intricate stories he knew, so they would be an equal grounds until they knew one another better.

For now though, she didn't say anything specific, and instead moved a little more towards town and kept her ears on stilts to listen in on the noise she had heard before. Something which got a little more noticeable soon after, at which point she stopped and let out a small sigh.

"It would appear that the one I were looking for are closer than I had first expected. Though considering how his sobbing sounds currently, I think that I still have a little time before he becomes responsive enough to speak openly with."

With that, she turned around to face Void once more, though she set a little timer on in her head for how long it were until she had to go. The pony in question were predictable, and she knew the sounds he made and the stages thereof well at this point. Made her more efficient at what she did.

"To return to the subject that we left on, I will not dig deeper for the time being until a better relation have been made, and I would appreciate if you to return the courtesy. Mutual respect is a good way to move forward.

As for finding a suitable ambassador between the hives, I can't imagine it being easy, but whatever process that may occur for you and your fellow changelings to find one will likely root somepony out that will suit the bill well. Somepony who can look objectively on things are bound to exist somewhere after all, though the question does remain about them being well spoken and having the nerves for the job. Perhaps having contacts to diplomats amongst the ponies would be a good precaution? We seem to want co-existence rather than battle at this point, and if the situation is explained, they would likely welcome the chance to try and mend fences between changelings and *lovebugs* as you call them, before a war breaks out.

It could perhaps prove beneficial for future interactions too, though there would likely be a need to cull the more evil ones who wishes for only destruction. Hmmm... Yes, a demand like that might muddle the waters for an agreement of any sort to hold in the long run. A potential large stone in the road if you will."

@@Lloyd

Chow saluted Misty in the best impression of a Solar Guard he could do. Minus the big cheeky smirk on his face.

"Aye aye Captain Misty. I'll get right on it ma'am."

Sooner or later it was gonna bite him in the flank to poke at these two and he knew it, but darn it if he wasn't going to enjoy the ride for as long as it lasted, and then depending on what happened, just shrug and figure it fair. Long as it didn't leave any permanent damage it was all good, 'cause loosing a leg or an eye for example really were pushing it too far.

So out he went and rummaged around the things they still needed and whistled as he brought in a big box and set it down in front of the zebra filly.

"There you go lass. One box ready for inspection that I'm pretty sure's all fine and dandy."

He hadn't done anything with it, but he had no idea what might happen with these things as they had wandered on. For all he knew, some magic books could do things even if nopony were reading in 'em, so at this point in time he wasn't sure if they were gonna start moving the stuff in the box around and it just kept sitting there, or if one of 'em had gone full on mimic and tried to munch on their hooves.

...Dang, now he were gonna have that nagging doubt sitting in his head all day. Real smart move there, Einstein.

================================================================================

@@dragon4111

Stargazer pulled back when he were told this were an anti-magic ring.

He had only heard of these things before,  but never seen one in use as he wasn't part of the troops that normally got sent to deal with rowdy unicorns that were bad enough to need one of those. They were more for the Solar Guards in any case too, for some of the rare cases of some really bad unicorns in Canterlot, which frankly wasn't many as the town tended to be peaceful - bar the changeling invasion - but he could see having a use for these things. He didn't like to think of it, as it would be like tying up a pegasi's wings, but he understood the need for it in case of extremes.

However, he did not like to see something like this in the hooves of a civilian. As far as he were concerned, this sort of thing should be a tool strictly for law enforcement, and not civilians like Draco here. And he should certainly not have had it enough to speak of how it worked with enough certainty to make it sound as if he had used this several times.

Still, he couldn't just confiscate it. Not unless it were stolen or Draco began to use it unjustifiably on others, and since the pony were standing here somewhat peacefully with the silent mare practically glued to him, and the theft of an object like this would have been heard, his hooves were legally tied to let the courier keep the ring.

"Please put that ring away. Much as I can understand it as a precaution, I would prefer if you did not waver around with it unless it became necessary. Constricting objects like that is not something that many unicorns appreciate having anywhere near them, and I would really appreciate not getting a lot of paperwork from local unicorns that gave in reports of feeling threatened by you having something like that in your possession. I have far too much on my desk already and not enough hours in the day to both address them all and try to get some sleep as it is."

The thought alone made him feel even more worn down than he already were, and that wasn't no small task, as he were frankly near the stage where you would be able to see holes through the last layers. Something which Long Stare took notice of, but didn't say anything about as she wasn't sure if she could even say something when around the bulky bat pony, out of the nagging fear that he might snap at any moment and... Hit them with his hat or something.

She should perhaps be more focused on the ring that Draco had, considering that she were a unicorn and would be mortified if her magic suddenly got cut off like that, but she were sure that he wouldn't use that on her. After he had... S-She just didn't want to imagine that he'd turn on a plate and do something horrid to her after that.

"As for your opinion on how I may seem like a push over, I will accept being perceived that way if it maintains order. I have tried going a route of sticking to my guts and playing tough constantly, and all it got me were within reach of a life in chains. Something which taught me that keeping steadfast is good at times, but understanding the value of knowing when to bend your neck and become humble is worth more.

Something tells me I am going to wish I had also covered my ears when I ask you this though, considering my luck these days, but I have to ask. Who is Ancalagon? And please don't tell me it's a grumpy dragon, despite the name sounding draconian. There is- Huh?"

He heard a whoosh in the wind and seemingly out of nowhere, a pink and white pegasus with zebra marking, and rings around her legs looked down upon him from behind. Something which sent a jolt through him, but he managed to restrain himself from reacting instinctively and try to pacify her.

"Hello Mr. Night Guard pony. And hello you two."

Ziggy looked at them with a big grin on her face and waved. They looked friendly, though she did wonder why the unicorn were gawking at her the way she were. Not used to ponies reaching a head and a half above normal sized ones perhaps? Well, that or her zebra side made her curious. Or how she had zoomed in like a lollipop-colored, zig-zagged line in the air? Many fun options, hehe.

"How did you... No, no. I'm not going to ask. What can I help you with ma'am?"

"Ma'am? Oh, that's so boring to say. I'm Doc Zinger. Or well, Ziggy. Most everypony calls me that. Except my mom, but she's stubborn like that."

She giggled a little to herself before withdrawing a letter from her vest and reaching it down towards Stargazer.

"Here you go Mr. Night Guard pony. I was told to give it to somepony like you."

He took it and grimaced as he saw who it was posted too, who it came from, and of course, the official seal on it that were sadly unmistakable.

"*sigh* An official letter to Princess Luna from them of all ponies, and on a day like today. Horrible timing, but I understand. I'll deliver it to her directly as fast as I can."

Truth be told, he wasn't sure who this seal belonged to, but he knew that the other times he had seen it, it had been on letters that had been rushed towards the princess straight away, so he were aware enough about the way it should be handled at least. Perhaps he should one day ask Luna about the sender, but for the time being, that wasn't an option.

As he spread his leathery wings and took flight, Ziggy were left behind with the other two, whom she didn't knew the name of, but looked like they were a couple of sorts. And an adorable one at that. All close and... Or okay, perhaps the mare were just clingy, but that didn't make it any less adorable!

"Is it just me, or did he look reeeealy tired? Like, baggy eyes and all of it."

She pulled her hoof to her right eye and dragged down to simulate what she meant, then went into another spout of giggling like a little filly. Playing charades was fun.

=====================================================================

@@Seamore Sandwich

Stargazer would head directly for the palace, and from there on out attempt to get either an audience with Princess Luna, or make another guard at the castle bring her the letter directly, in case it were locked down for the time being. Either way, he wasn't going to leave until Luna had gotten her letter, though he wouldn't use the *but she's my friend.* line that others might. He knew to be more discreet than that when it came to his friendship with the princess, which were also one of the reason why he were still on friendly terms with her. If he started to spread stories, that'd likely change, and he didn't want that to happen.

Besides, who were actually going to believe him if he said it anyway? It would just hurt his chances of getting to to her, not aid it.

================================================================

@@asdfmovienerd39

"We'll need to get a raft, so first order of business is to get some logs ready and create a workable raft from that. We'll likely need some good ones considering the weight it needs to hold, so we'll need to borrow an axe somewhere and go to the forest. We'll take care of the rest a little by little after that so it doesn't become too much for you all at once, okay?"

@@asdfmovienerd39

"Who says I think you'll throw the first stone? I just don't trust either of you two to stay civil on your own."

It were surprisingly easy to get out of the hospital, even when she said something like this to the offended Zen, but then again, as the hallways were more or less barren and the doctors inside the rooms for check ups of the ones that required an extra one from yesterday, or had injuries that needed a more thorough handling, like a broken leg or dislocated shoulder for example.

They didn't really meet anypony before the exit, and Pyhrus pretty much ignored the receptionist that started to ask how he were doing, and left before she could go on to asking how he had gotten loose or things like that. Both Florence and Null followed this silent way out, though once they got there, Florence managed to open her beak and look over at Zen somewhat nervously.

"I-I'm sorry for all of this. I didn't know that... I s-should have known that things wasn't going to be e-easy anymore."

She referred to her uncle's behavior currently, which she were still trying to get used to considering how drastically it had changed from what she remembered. He had still been tough at times, yeah, but he hadn't been this... Hostile, towards others before, and frankly it felt like he were using it to try and push others away from him. Or perhaps that were just what she told herself to not have to face that perhaps, her uncle were just now a bad being, rather than just somepony who tried to distance himself from others.

@@Midnight_Aurora

@@genessee,

@@Shineling,

"Eh, if he's grumpy that's bis beef. Come on, let's go have some chow. You can ask them whatever or not they prepped food with love and care there."

It was quite frankly a weird question to get, and a strange allergy, but he'd heard worse from the biology department of his former home. Those ponies found some really wonky diseases there that could do worse, like one that mangled your brain around so you could only talk through singing, or some kind of disease he couldn't remember the name of that made you allergic to water touching your skin. So frankly, he had heard worse and didn't really think much on it as they moved the little distance over to the food parlor or whatever they called it around here.

"And here I figured you had gone ahead and gotten some food by now Lance. Not sure what you want there perhaps? Or isn't the selection up to your standards?"

Molotov passed the stallion with a grin before looking over at the stall and giving out a low whistle.

"Well turn me on a dime, I know what I want at least."

The lenses on his right eye switched around and zoomed in on the mare that stood at the stall. Looked really nervous that one, but quite a cracking sight, that was for sure. Perhaps not getting out of town fast wasn't such a bad thing after all.

He ran a hoof through his mane and went confidently towards the stall whilst the lenses inside his glass began to click into place for a regular view again instead of the zoom, forgetting both of the ponies he had talked with just before behind him for a time. Or okay okay, he pushed them behind a bit in the priority system at least. He'd get back to them soon, he just needed to get something from here first.

"Hey there gorgeous, what's cooking?"

"I uhm... W-What?"

Molotov chuckled a little as he saw how the mare seemed positively flustered already.

"Awh, ain't you a cute one when you blush? Anyway, think you can tell me which one of these things are the next hottest thing here? I'm in the mood for something that could melt through a solid metal beam."

It hadn't taken too long after all to make Void choke on her own words, and unable to response to somepony, but considering what sort she had to deal with here, that wasn't too hard to understand either. Molotov were a bit too uhm... Forthcoming with his comments for somepony like her, and especially when his comment about the *next hottest thing here* were followed by a small wiggling of the eyebrows.

Hopefully Storm had a look on things and would come around to take over this. Or Lance and the smallish mare could come over and interrupt things/drag him off before he made a further embarrassment of himself and stopped the food from coming out. Some sort of save at least would be appreciated by the mare, that was certain.

=============================================================================

@@EQ_Theta

The shadow pony didn't respond back to what she were told by the council, nor when Ghilan slammed his fist into the table and went into an angry outburst. She just observed what went on, and kept her own thoughts about how this didn't make much sense. Especially since Ghilan said that he had brought them what they asked for, and then it wasn't enough. Would that mean that if their group came with something they had asked for, that wouldn't do either? Hard to tell, but she didn't think of asking it before suddenly they were gone, and her friends were gathered around Ghilan that seemed to be reading up from one of the documents he had with him.

"That's a strange evidence."

Omen had no idea what the piece of paper said, and had to trust what it were that Ghilan claimed it were, but the lines looked differently than the other ones once she got close enough to look. The others looked like they had a lot on them and had some sort of grand meaning, whilst this one were pretty small in comparison. Different thickness to it too. Perhaps somepony else had written it?

No, that wouldn't make sense. These were his things, so he would have done that sort, right? Unless he had found the piece of paper somewhere and that was a clue he had used to get information. But what sort of evidence was it to go look for a healer and ask about mushrooms and spindleweed really? Sounded more like a... Biology class? Something like that.

"Did you find something when you went to the healer?"

Gauze and stuff likely, but then again, that sort of thing were usually something a doctor used. Healer could mean something else, though she had heard others call doctors for healers before, so she tended to associate them with one another. Hard to say in this town though, since it was so far pretty different from a pony town.

@@Blitz Boom,

He had followed Last and he smiles. "Good enough. I hope there is a pool there or a hot tub. That would be perfect. I don't want that thing around me or anyone else, I don't want him to spread his lies..." He says to Last, ready to follow her or anypony else to the Spa. Its time for him to relax and have a good time away from the courier.

@@Blitz Boom,

"Hey, can't ya tell she is nervous. It's improper to treat one that way." *Cacora says walking up next to the other stallion at the stall.* "Sorry miss. Hmm...How about this one?" *She points to something similar to a baked good. She also offeres a sympathetic smile to the mare.* "I guess stallions can be too fourth coming at times. The name's Cacora Silkweave."

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

@@Blitz Boom,

"As for you Missklang, your friend sounds rather intriguing. Not many with dragon blood actually researches things, and sadly, especially those few of us that have the gift for actual magic, which leaves quite a bit of wasted potential. To hear another that is even some parts dragon that uses time to improve and feed her mind, is frankly a delight. Perhaps one day I could meet her, when the situations are right and you have found your way to her with more ease? I would enjoy the chance to speak with someone of a greater mind than those simpletons I have mostly had to deal with."

Most certainly. Though I am starting to fear that she placed the castle under some anti-detection spell so no one walks to her just like that. But I'm sure I will find a way.

"As for the inns and outs of chaos magic, I am not much of a specialist there. I research it to try and use it in more controlled settings, but I am more of a geomancer myself, which is quite a different approach. Easier to control, even if the mental pressure from trying to move rocks in the correct manner and shape them properly can be strenuous.   Then again, I don't know what sort of stress your mind undergoes, and likely won't be able to properly know unless I suddenly found myself in the strange position of being a chaos mage myself.   From what you said though, it carries some degree of madness at the bare minimum, yes? Though even as random as it can appear, there have to be some meaning to the madness too, yes? Some kind of way to guide through the madness and find a path? Otherwise, chaos wouldn't be safe to wield for anyone, including Discord, whom - from the stories I've read - knew how to control the result of his even from the earlier recordings. Or at least the ones I have had access to."

Well, it's not quite like that. Imagine trying to understand the concept of colour while being blind. It's rather impossible. What if there are things we don't know about just because we lack senses to perceive it? In some way, chaos magic is like that. Imagine your mind suddenly opening to multiple new concepts at once, additional dimensions, and other. Your mind can't handle all of it at same time so it overloads and madness comes from that. I had the chance of being placed in a coma-like state just after it happens, so my mind had the luxury of having all the time needed to comprehend what happened, that's why I am more "normal" that, for example, Discord. But still, it's not enough. There is no real "meaning", no. It's more like we intuitively feel the right thing to do. I used said magic whole my life almost and I can tell that I never saw any patterns or distinctive lack of them, I just.. sorta do the thing just like that. 

Missklang scratched his ear.

But sometimes I just "navigate" it at random without any effects in mind, because after all, this is the true beauty of it, to use it with a lack of control. And... strangely, it almost feels like it likes that, that it appreciate being used like that... Almost if it was somehow sentient. Heh, but then, anything is possible with it. I'm speaking from my experience. Who am I to say that others perhaps don't experience the chaos arcanes completely differently? 

@@Blitz Boom@@Midnight_Aurora,

Storm quickly spoke up with a smile, "Hiya and welcome to the foodplace thingy! All kinds of yummy free food here, from soups and stews, to salads and curry, to desserts like cakes and muffins!" His right hoof moved into and out of view behind the counter as he spoke, showcasing plates and bowls of the various food types he'd mentioned. "And if you're looking for something super duper spicy, look no further than my Dragonfire Curry!" Storm then held up a bowl of steaming hot curry, with a Dragon's Breath Pepper sticking out of it for visual effect. "You're probably going to wanna have a lot of milk ready though."

Edited by Shineling

@Blitz Boom

"Tired means making mistakes. bad things happen when that is the case," Draco stated as he placed the anti magic ring back into his saddlebags. Draco sighed as he didn't need this for his blood pressure. hmm maybe he should go to the spa....yes a spa visit could help him.

Meanwhile Ancalagon slept dreaming of his long past. A large mountain of gold surrounded his great black scaly body. He was older than those princesses. And the ponies of this courier guild was his family. And when one of his courier's awoken him from his slumber with a report of an alicorn causing distress in Ponyville. He saw the poor peregrine falcon tired as can be. That was Draco's well time for him to show himself. Though it would take alittle bit of time. He said with hi voice sounding like an avalanche "I want our warriors to be deployed to Ponyville. supplies and workers there with in a day," he said as he slowly got up.

Edited by dragon4111

@@Blitz Boom

In Early Ponyville

"Actually, the fault this time is mine. I wasn't specific enough in explaining what to do. Our presence here isn't meant to teach the subtleties of manipulating destiny. The timeline only works if you're the one to make these alterations. You see, I've tried taking you back before the battle in Ponyville, but it altered the events of the battle, so I had to take you from after the battle, in a timeline where you survived. To do that, I had to bring in the Changeling Queen to prevent you from taking certain actions that would bring about your demise in a timeline without Penny Buttercup present. I made minor alterations here in this time to cause the town to be constructed as it needed to be arranged, took you from after the battle, altered this part of the timeline, and watched to ensure that it had worked. Now we're here making the same alterations as a version of you that never existed, because if he never existed he couldn't have changed this and all of the work would have been undone. Thus are the complexities of this method." He seemed slightly embarrassed saying all this, since it wasn't often he had the option of choosing his words. Usually, he had lived through the same moment so many times that he knew exactly what to say and when to say it. This was different. He had only been here with Zhu once, and it was a different version of him from before. "Oh, and getting the Changeling there involved curing an incurable disease so the one doctor that could help her wouldn't be to busy to do so. But the lesson here, if there is any, is that I am not all-powerful nor infallible. I make mistakes just as anyone else would. I just don't let my mistakes stop me. I was intending to go back and correct my words to you, but we'll just go back together. Now please remember to ask for a pouch worth of berries and balance the bit standing on end on the tip of her nose." In a moment they were back to where they were before. "You two look like you could use a snack. Might I interest you in some nuts or berries?"

@@Blitz Boom

In the Realm of Dreams

The elevator descended slowly, rattling as it went down. The music was some old fashioned smooth jazz, but it wasn't very good. There were about a hundred floors on the indicator above the elevator door, and it seemed to take ten seconds to go from one floor to the next. It was clear that the two would be here a while. "How do these things work? Do we just sit here and do nothing until we get to where we're going? It's almost like I'm back to being a tree. I suppose there isn't much else we can do though. For now, I guess we're stuck. Anything you want to talk about while we wait? Like maybe what I can expect the world to be like?"

@@Widdershins,

When Ambie arrived at the log pile, he would find not six, but eight logs. There, standing atop the logs staring deep into the forest was a tall hooded figure standing on its hind legs. It had a dark grey tail with a white tip and patches of orange. There was a bow and quiver on his back, and a dagger on his belt. "You have no business with me. Begone," he said without even turning to face the newcomer. At this angle, the hood was sufficiently hiding his face.

@@Lloyd

"It depends on your pallet. What one might find irresistible another might find horrid. If you can tell me a few of your favorite foods, I can get an idea of what I'm working with. Keep in mind it doesn't have to be sweets, any foods you like will do." There was just so much selection that Blossom had no idea where to begin, so she figured it would be best to start with an idea of what he liked.

@@Blitz Boom

"Okay, right this way," Penny said before turning around, looking for a street sign, then turning down a road to the left. "The Café I mentioned is owned and run by a couple of mares named Sapphire and Midnight. They have quite the selection of teas. Last I saw, there was construction being done for a patio out in the back." She spoke as she led the way, occasionally stopping to check the street signs to make sure she was going the right way.

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@@Moonlit

"R...Right... Extra muffins... Sounds great!" Trinket giggled, moving back towards the kitchen area in order to get the treats as instructed. By that point, she was also searching for any nearby hole where she could bury and hide her face in. She felt truly horrible for behaving like that in front of Serenade: her new friends let her in on such an important, private secret and she freaks out like a child. Granted, she did spend most of her time around small fillies and foals, and some of their innocence ended up rubbing off on her, but the fact that she needed to calm down was undeniable. Upon locating the aforementioned bread box, Trinket allowed herself to have an extra muffin, taking a bite off of it.

"Mm... But seriously now." She spoke up, maintaining her cool for once. "Just out of curiosity... what exactly does a Siren's diet consist of?... I-I don't mean to sound too nosy or anything, I'm just... honestly curious."

@@Seamore Sandwich,

Blinking a few times, then a few more times just to make sure he wasn't imagining ponies where they weren't, Ambie shook his head for a moment then stared back up for a moment at this cloaked shadow before responding.

"Well... you are right about that, yeah... But... I do have business with those logs you're standing on."

His face scrunching up a bit more than usual, a quick thought came to Ambie before hesitantly adding on.

"...and, well, if you help me load the logs I can, uhm, 'begone' all that much faster? ...eh-heh?"

"Heroing sounds interesting though. Or it it vigilantism I think about? Whichever let's me beat up the most bad ones in whatever way I see fit I guess."
  Cresent chuckled remembering the old guard he met befor hoof "your thinking of vilginanty never thought of it myself much, herd its more of a double life more then anything else think about it villens knowing your real name harming those close to you and also trying not to be caught by the local authority's. " the bat pony said.

"but honestly in terms of heroing anything could happen on the way to your town" cresent said