Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Darkness to Light (RP)

Drago Ryder

Sign up thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/109762-darkness-to-light-sign-up/#entry3108096

A figure smiled as it floated through the space between dimensions. "Very soon, I will return and they will pay for their impudence." It growled.

Tempest sighed as he trotted through Canterlot castle. "Of all the ponies, why me?" He thought. "At least someone is here that I know." The bat pony then glanced at Gale, a dragoness he had met on one of his more recent adventures.

The dragoness smiled slightly as Tempest looked at her.

Edited by Majestic Nightfury

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silence. All there ever was in the everfree was silence. At the most all you can here is the rare howl of the Timber wolves, and the occasional  pony that passed by from ponyville. But it was nice, the silence, its calming, relaxes the nerves and lets you focus. Meditation in time magic requires a lot of focus to tap in to time, but once you are in, you can see everything. Wade was meditating on the future, and despite the fuzzy and unfinished vision he was seeing, one thing stood out. A creature of ancient origin and Incredible power was due to arrive in the world shortly, its intentions where clouded to Wade as the future was not set. But the events have been put into motion and these could not be stopped. Darkness was soon to arrive in these lands.

"I must warn Caras of these visions"

Look at them. So small. Mortal lives are so short, are they not? They may be short, but they can accomplish many, many things in that span of time. Oh, you flatter them to much. Not one has yet to reach a level equal to the our kind. The Imortalis is a very arrogant race. Our pride shall be our down fall one day. Yes, you've seen that haven't you. I don't know why you enjoy time travel so much. Following mortal lives is so much more fun. Following? I think you mean manipulating? This is why I'm here, to make sure you don't cause them to much trouble. You're still young, you have yet to experience the full dullness of a never ending life. You're not that much older then me-... Wait, someone is disturbing the time stream. Interesting. I didn't know they could manipulate time yet. You wouldn't would you? You bounce around so much that you never stay in one time long enough to see what they accomplish. For a supposed protector of them, you really should slow down and pay them more attention. I suppose you're right.......oh...oh no. That's not right. That's not right at all! You've finally felt it then? There's a powerful presence moving on an intersect course towards their time line. Things are going to get interesting here pretty soooo...oh? Hmm...it seems the Princesses aren't the only super powers in the castles at this time. This fight could be more interesting then we ever anticipated. And we're staying out of it! I can't let you keep on poking your noes where it doesn't belong. I think you mean snout my dear Destiny. For interfere is what I do best. This should be the most fun I've had since- No! Do you remember what you almost did? You could've ruined an entire timeline messing with things like that.  What? All I did was encourage the Changelings to try and expand a bit. I'm keeping my eye on you. You can try, but I'll have my fun yet.

Clayton entered the castle and almost immediately noticed Tempest and Gale. "Well, at least I'm with friends in this adventure." He said. "It's good to see you, Tempest." The earth pony then smiled slightly as he stood next to his friend. "So, what exactly are we doing here?"

Tempest glanced at Clayton and nodded. "It's been some time. As for why the princesses have called us here, I have no idea." The bat pony had the notion that something big must be going down, but then again he could be wrong. They could just simply be doing a delivery or recon mission.

"Hmm, if this information you are telling is true Wade, If this creature is capable of creating a solid place in the future of time. Then this is cause for concern. Rare is it for a creature of this level of power to bless this land with its presence. Such an event has not happened for a long time. Leave me be Wade, I will meditate on this, try and track it through the rift, and I will decide on our next course of action."

Wade left Caras' chambers and Caras began his meditation, entering the time rift.

(" " are spoken words ' ' are thoughts)

'Finding a creature of this level of strenght should not prove much of a Challenge. Ahh... here is the information I am looking for.'

@@,
*Yawwwwwwn* Chivalry was still half asleep when he arrived at the castle gates. 'Ugh, why is it that when they need me, they always need me so early in the morning...' Chivalry thought to himself. A saddle bag was strapped to his side along with his Killikian blade sheathed in it's holster. The bag has supplies such as apples and a jar of juice. "Welp... Guess i shouldn't waste too much time." He said as he opened the gates to the castle.

Inside he saw two ponies and a rather beautiful dragon. Chivalry widened his eyes a bit when he saw Tempest. "Hey It's Tempest! Do you remember me?!" Chivalry was glad to see someone he knew, though it had been a while. Chivalry walked up to Tempest with a smile on his face. "Hey it's been quite a while, haha." He looked at the other pony and extended his hoof. "Hello there, I'm not sure i've met you before, allow me to introduce myself. I am Chivalry Knight, former guardspony of the kingdom of Killik." He said, smiling to Clayton.

Tempest glanced at Chivalry and smirked slightly. "Yeah. It's good to see you again." He said. "I wonder what the princesses brought us here for, though."

Gale noticed the new pony and felt a bit shy. "Hi. My name is Gale." She said, smiling slightly. The dragoness figured that if Tempest knew him, he was probably a friend.

Gear looked out the window of his shop, while sharpening his stock he remembered that he had to be at the castle. As he grabbed his favorite sword he flew out the door. He was about 11 minutes late and he landed at the entrance, "Sorry I'm late, almost lost track of the time."

Clayton smirked slightly and shook Chivalry's hoof. "My name is Clayton. I guess you could say I'm a artist and local others of Ponyvilke." He said. "My first creation was actually a obsidian scythe. I'm also a good fighter." The unicorn then shrugged slightly and waited for the princesses.

Returning from the time void, Caras had all the information he needed of the future, the past and even some from the present.

"Wade, I have a task for you. Their is a gathering of power ponies and dragon in Canterlot castle. Its possible that the princesses have more information the this creature than we do. I doubt it but better safe than sorry. I want you to go to Canterlot, eavesdrop on the conversation and learn what you can. Take your crossbow in case you are spotted. Tranquilliser amnesia darts only. You have your speed spells. Good Luck kid."

"I'll return once I have some information."

Wade put on his mask so his face was not visible and used a Void Rip to travel to Canterlot. Using a time slow spell, he moved past the Canterlot Castle Guards and positioned himself within earshot of the ponies inside while hiding out of sight.

(Void Rip is a tear that Wade makes within space-time which allows instant travel through to many locations. To ponies without time spells, these Rips are deadly if seen.)

Tempest looked at Gear and shrugged. " Celestia honestly hasn't arrived yet, so you probably have some time." He said, wondering if there would be any more ponies coming. The bat pony knew from past experience that whenever the princesses called for him, it was mostly something concerning a threat to Equestria.

Xena felt every hair on his body bristle. "Something isn't right." He muttered to himself. The being would wait for something to happen before he did anything, though.

@@

Chivalry looked towards Gale. "Oh, hello there Gale. Are you here with Tempest? Anyway, as you've heard, I'm Chivalry Knight. It's a pleasure to meet you Gale! Haha!" Chivalry had a smile upon his face. He turned his direction back to Clayton, "Oh is that right? Well I bet you couldn't beat me in a battle, HAHA!" Chivalry said in a cheerful and playful manner. Suddenly, sompony else showed up at the gates.

'Huh, i wonder who that could be?' Chivalry thought to himself. He heard him and tempest say something about the princesses being late. Chivalry looked towards Clayton and Gale. "Yeah they are running a bit late... Why would they ask me to be here so early when they would be late themselves? Ugh! I missed a whole 5 minutes of sweet napping..." Chivalry complained.

Edited by Prince Blackquill

Clayton laughed a bit with Chivalry and smirked. "Maybe another time. For now, we may want to focus on the matter at hand." He said. The unicorn also wondered as to why the princesses hadn't shown up yet, but figured they were planning on what to tell them.

Gale nodded slightly. "Yeah, we met a few months ago and we've been friends ever since. It's a pleasure to meet you to." She said, feeling a bit more comfortable around the new pony.

Celestia and Luna walked into the room and the princess of the sun looked at the group. "I'm glad you could all make it." She said. "As you all may know, there is a reason why I brought all of you here. Long ago, my sister and I sealed away a monster of death of unknown origins. He slaughtered hundreds, but we were able to force him into he darkest recesses of the void. Even with that in mind, we fear that he may soon return and plunge the world into a new dark age."

"Well then, if you two and the royal guard couldn't stop him, what makes you think that we have the power to defeat him alone?" Gear had asked Celestia. "We would need some kind of force stronger than the entire country could conjure up to even put him away ourselfs"

Far away, in another realm of existence:

Where was he? That being...Hmm...I thought I twisted the timelines the right way to get here...but it seems I was...ah. No. Over here. Alpha slowly transcends the dimensions of different realities before finally alighting on the one housing the target of his interest, Missingno. 

@,

Hello there. My my, you know how to make quite an entrance. I do hope you know that all that ripping and tearing you're doing is drawing attention? 

Edited by Unwanted House Guest

(edited)

(Umm Gear, Celestia said that she was able to take care of Missingno.)

Tempest shrugged slightly. "Figures that's what we're here for." He thought to himself. "I just hope that this doesn't end badly."

Missingno glanced at Alpha, but didn't seem to react. "My name is Missingno. What do you want to talk about?" He asked, speaking through telepathy. "I already know who you are, by the way."

Wade was intrigued by the new Telepathic signals moving in and out of Space-Time Rips. He focused his own mind and tried to listen in on the conversation. To avoid detection, the conversation was full of static and the voices where difficult to understand. Nevertheless, he could identify that one of the beings connected was called Missingno, the creature he was sent to gather information on, but he was unable to identify the other link. It was almost painful to do, and his body collapsed and shut down to give his mind the power it needs.

'Need to stay focused. Need to stay connected. Need to get this information.'

@

One of Alpha's eyes twitch and he mumbles to himself, It seems he was right. I am underestimating them...that could get dangerous... Out loud, he says Well then. I'm here to make a proposition. I scratch your back, you scratch mine. I'll help you in to your target world unnoticed, and in return, you do something for me. I won't tell you what it is right now, but lets just say that you'll owe me one? 

Missingno thought over the proposal and nodded slightly. "Very well. I accept your offer." He said. "I believe it is time for me to pay my former home a visit." The being then gave a dark laugh and felt that it would easily be able to kill this alicorn if it suited his plans.

@,

Excelent. This way if you please then. Oh, and make sure you tread in my foot...er...hoof steps. We're walking on a very delicate space/time trail and I'd hate for the council to get after me again for mixing up the civil war and world war IV. He turned around and, after concentrating a moment, a small spinning vortex appears in front of him. He steps in side and very carefully starts making his way forward. As he's walking, you think you hear a voice echoning around the strange tunnel. Suddenly, a white alicorn appears next to Alpha. What have you done? You're leading him to the present? Wha- I haven't broken any rules yet so there's no need to get fussy. I merely wish to watch and see how this plays out. This could be fun. The white alicorn seems to pause for a moment, considering this, then shakes his head. You...you! I...I can't even begin to imagine what goes on in that head of yours. Fine. If that's what you're doing, then so be it. One more interference and I'll get involved. Got it? Blah blah blah. Just shut up will you. You're boring me. Fine. I'll be waiting for you. Outside and away from prying ears. With that, the white alicorn disappears and another vortex opens up ahead of Missingno and Alpha, showing a picture of Equestria. Here you are. Where would you like to come out at? Canterlot? Or maybe somewhere less conspicuous? The badlands would be a good place to lay low for a while? 

@@Child Of Darkness

As the white alicorn's presence vanishes from Wade's senses, a voice fills his senses, Beware little one. The path Alpha treads is his own. His is neither on your side, nor against you. He merely plays to amuse himself. It is advised that anything he has to do with should be avoided, but that is merely a suggestion. Go now, and do as you will. Then the voice fades and everything returns to the way it was, as if nothing had ever interrupted his focus on the rips in space/time. 

Edited by Unwanted House Guest

Wade snapped away from the Link and woke up in the Throne room, the ponies and Royal Sister still there. The break away was painful, causing Wade to cough up some blood. Violently.

'That's all the information I need, time to leave. I need to make a distraction.'

An idea came to Wade, he still had his Darts so he could put one of them to sleep with a Dart and then Run.

'That one.'

Wade armed his Crossbow, took aim and fired. The Dart struck true, striking the Dragon in the neck. The Dart should take effect within 10 seconds. He put away his Crossbow, and started Creeping across the room towards the exit.

(edited)

Gale felt the dart hit and yelped in pain as the drug quickly took effect. She didn't know what was going on and soon fell to the ground, unconscious.

Tempest, Celestia, and Luna looked at Gale, obviously worried and the bat pony felt his anger grow as he examined Gale and the dart. "Somepony just made a big mistake." He thought to himself. He was able to tell that it was a simple sleep dart, but was still worried about Gale.

Missingno nodded slightly. "I think I'll be arriving in the Everfree forest." He said, confident in his abilities. Plans were already forming in his head to throw whatever heros might stand in his way into the depths of insanity and eventually death.

Clayton sighed and thought about what Celesita had said. "Well, I guess that is to be expected." He thought to himself. "I guess we are pretty qualified, though. Most of us have probably been in a similar situation, especially Tempest." When he was brought out of his musing,meh noticed Gale on the ground and felt looked around. "Looks like somepony knew about this little meeting." He thought as he drew his scythe.