Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S09:E13 - Between Dark and Dawn

Will Guide

Episode Poll  

81 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the episode?

• This episode is so boring, it makes a trip to the Museum look exciting (hate it)
    • This episode hurts like horrible sunburn (dislike it)
    • Like my vacation plans, I can't make my mind about this episode (meh)
    • Ah, finally an episode I can relax to as I rest (like it)
    • *While Ziplining* YAHOO! BEST EPISODE EVER! (LOVE IT!)

Title: Between Dark and Dawn
Air Date: June 22, 2019
Written By: Gail Simone 

Synopsis: Luna and Celestia take a 'bucket-list' sister vacation while Twilight and her friends struggle to cover the princesses' many royal duties alone.

Well, this episode came just in time for the Summer!

• Brohoof 1

• This topic was pinned and featured

Well, why aren't we talking about the episode then? O.O

I liked it, kinda typical, not really original, but enjoyed it.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

There is English Dub, I watched English Dub with Polish subtitles 2 weeks ago. EDIT: But no idea where the English Dub without Polish subtitles is.

Edited by Yfus

For my money 

Spoiler

This is probably tied with "Frenemies" as the best episode of the season. The humor is on point, the song is delightful, and it has an underlying heart that makes it stand out. The stuff with Twilight and friends taking care of Equestria was my least favorite of the two subplots, but was still amusing. 

This episode will almost certainly cement itself as a fan favorite due to 

Spoiler

The countless memes and fanart that will emerge from Celestia and Luna's antics. Like Goth Celestia, Sunburn Luna, and Celestia being afraid of Chickens. :laugh:

• Brohoof 5

Huh... So that's what that one thumbnail of Celestia and Luna over on YouTube meant. Good thing I didn't pay much attention to it otherwise I'd have spoiled myself too much. Now I can go into this episode a little more blindly.

This episode was adorable and a welcome change of pace. It was great seeing the sibling dynamic between Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. I will come back to this one!

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm well this is interesting (I wont actually see it for another week or so given when my usual source supplies them to us in Australia) still going by the blurb it seems Celestia and Luna haven't given up on passing the crown on to Twilight. I'm getting the feeling the season finale will end with them leaving as I can't see the show killing off the two of them. . . Maybe binding Grogar in another dimension like the pillars did with the pony of shadows.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Senko said:

Hmmm well this is interesting (I wont actually see it for another week or so given when my usual source supplies them to us in Australia) still going by the blurb it seems Celestia and Luna haven't given up on passing the crown on to Twilight. I'm getting the feeling the season finale will end with them leaving as I can't see the show killing off the two of them. . . Maybe binding Grogar in another dimension like the pillars did with the pony of shadows.

Might even go so far as to say that Grogar will attack during Twilight's Coronation, plunging Equestria into a state of turmoil.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Damn! I was blown away after seeing Gail Simone's name listed here as the writer for this episode! I don't know about you guys, but I already downloaded this episode and start watching this! :ticking:

Off topic, I enjoy reading her stuff in comics. :3

Edited by eL_DesperadO-4
  • Brohoof 1

Summer hiatus coming up? Doesn't bother me. I haven't started watching season nine yet. (Have 1-13 ready to go though on my hard drive!)

B)

On 6/18/2019 at 2:41 PM, TheAnimationFanatic said:
Spoiler

Celestia being afraid of Chickens

I am so looking forward to that!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 6/18/2019 at 2:41 PM, TheAnimationFanatic said:

For my money 

Reveal hidden contents

This is probably tied with "Frenemies" as the best episode of the season. The humor is on point, the song is delightful, and it has an underlying heart that makes it stand out. The stuff with Twilight and friends taking care of Equestria was my least favorite of the two subplots, but was still amusing. 

This episode will almost certainly cement itself as a fan favorite due to 

Reveal hidden contents

The countless memes and fanart that will emerge from Celestia and Luna's antics. Like Goth Celestia, Sunburn Luna, and Celestia being afraid of Chickens. :laugh:

If that's true, then someone needs to make Pinkie Pie in her Chicken costume from the first Nightmare Night episode in SFM.
Oh, wait! They already did!

image.thumb.png.77eb9777f73406f8e390bcd08e651e52.png

Edited by YoshiAngemon
  • Brohoof 2

I’m all for Celestia and Luna getting well deserved R&R, but a bucket list implies they’re gonna die in the future. I hope this is not foreshadowing a terrible fate that will befall the 2 sisters....:orly::sunbutt:

Guess we’ll find out soon enough.

• Brohoof 1

Since most calendars consider June 21st to be the first day of summer, the official air date fits nicely with this episode.

For my favorite funny moments, it's 

Spoiler

Ponies swooning at the the sight of the sisters, especially this one pegasus who fell out of the sky in awe!

9 hours ago, eL_DesperadO-4 said:

Damn! I was blown away after seeing Gail Simone's name listed here as the writer for this episode! I don't know about you guys, but I already downloaded this episode and start watching this! :ticking:

Off topic, I enjoy reading her stuff in comics. :3

She's one of my favorite writers next to Scott Snyder.

This episode was a blast to watch. So many great memes and fanart will be coming.

Spoiler

I love how pissed Rarity gets when Twilight refuses the help of Fancy Pants and the committee.  And this is why it wouldn't work! If the RM5 cannot talk back to Twilight and point out her mistakes, then their ruling of Equestria will be a disaster.

Now, that's just a very little detail about the episode, which I enjoyed very much.

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

If this doesn't go well for Twilight and her friends, shoot...is Celestia and Luna's plan to hand over Equestria to them a bust?

If it DOES end up a bust, then there is only one way to know for sure if Twilight is truly ready: She must defeat Grogar! Otherwise, the reign of Evil King Blueblood would seem like a reality.

Well, its definitely painful. At least celestia and luna try to do something now. We have incredible faces this season... Is this a new writer?

medium.jpeg

I'm with dash here, this ceremony is absolutely ridiculous, who needs this??  

• Brohoof 1