Beginning of the End Poll  

152 users have voted

1. 1. Thoughts?

• “Cozy Glow you silly pony. Be evil!” - Hated it
    • “Who you calling Cheeselegs?” - Not a fan
    • “Hey is that glowing sphere low calorie?” - It was okay
    • “Who the buck is Radiant Hope?” - Enjoyed it
    • Grogar! Ahhhhhh it’s finally Grogar ahhhh! - LOVED IT

Interested in creating an episode thread like this? Read this first!

Title: The Beginning of the End
Air Date: April 6th, 2019
Written By: Lady Writers (Joanna Lewis & Kristine Songco)  Twitter | Site | IMDB (Songco , Lewis)
Synopsis: In the back-to-back season premiere titled “The Beginning of the End,” Princess Celestia and Princess Luna decide to retire and hand off the ruling of Equestria to Twilight Sparkle and her friends, which sends Twilight into a tailspin of self-doubt. Meanwhile, an ancient villain bands together a legion of nefarious characters to conquer all of Equestria, challenging Twilight Sparkle and the rest of the Mane 6 to step in and save the day.

Watch Live and chat with us on EquestriaTV in the CMC Clubhouse 

Episode Links

Yandex

Episode 1

Episode 2

Weekly Comic (Casting a Villain - Spoilerish)

Spoiler

2xuzhu.jpg

2xuxzz.jpg

2xuzmm.jpg

2xuype.jpg

2xuzmm.jpg

2xuz03.jpg

2xuzse.jpg

2xuy9q.jpg

2xuzzi.jpg

Bingo Thread - Click here to join in (just for fun)

Bingo Results this week - The predictions that came true are (Grogar, Sombra, Twilynanas, Taste the Rainbow, Ponyville Devastated, Doctor Whooves, Chrysalis, "Awesome", and Starswirl New Spell)

Pick a Flaw Thread - Here

Highlighted User Reactions - Coming Soon

Fan Clubs Generated - Coming Soon

User Blog Index - Coming Soon

Notable Fan Art - Coming Soon

Notable Fics - Coming Soon

Possible Reaction and Emote Thread - Here

Tweets from the Staff and Crew regarding the episode

Spoiler

Screenshot (7).pngScreenshot (6).pngScreenshot (5).pngScreenshot (4).pngScreenshot (3).pngScreenshot (2).pngtwitter2.pngTwitter1.png

latest?cb=20171229201325&path-prefix=pro

New Format

We have come a long way haven't we? Some of us have been there since the beginning and some of us came a little Tardy to the party (like me). As we begin the 26 episode conclusion to this journey of friendship and fandom, we will be doing some new things with the episode threads. As you can see from the opening there will be various sections and links to other threads within the forum that will be collected up above. I want to give a brief rundown of each, though some or self explanatory. Users that create these threads, I will go in and edit these additions in your OP, so you don't have to worry about the legwork. Here are the categories. 

YouTube/Daily Motion Link - Link to watch the episode. Pretty much that

Spoiler Forum - A place to discuss spoilers for up two weeks after the show airs. This will be removed from the thread here when all related posts can be moved into the traditional Show Discussion forum

Weekly Comic - In prior years I would occasionally toss up something funny or comical about the episode either leading up to it, or after it aired. This is where this traditional will continue. 

Bingo Thread - Click here to join in (just for fun). The main Bingo Thread. Yes even if you jumped in late I will still generate you a card, but it will not have predictions that have already come true. 

Bingo Results this week - This is where I will list out the predictions that came true so you can mark them off your cards. That or you can watch the main thread linked above

Pick a Flaw Thread - Mostly a humorous take on episode and character flaws found in each episode. You pick something from a poll that you feel sticks out with the episode. All these will be obviously subjective, but I want this tradition to return

Highlighted User Reactions - Funny or genuinely notable comments from the users about the episode may be quoted here

User Blog Index - For those MLPF users that do episode reviews, I will collect them here. 

Notable Fan Art - Self explanatory. Exceptional art that is inspired from the episode will be collected here. 

Notable Fics - Self explanatory. Exceptional art that is inspired from the episode will be collected here. 

Possible Reaction and Emote Thread - Every new episode I will have a thread where I will take suggestions on creating a reaction set theme for the episode and maybe emotes. Once done we will have them up for one week. Please note that these will likely be a week behind new episodes (we will always catch up during the mid-season hiatus). Event based reactions may also cause these to run behind. That said, there will be 24 reaction sets created for the final season. 

Tweets from the Staff and Crew - Fun Tweets from the show staff may be collected here. They sometimes add some nice tidbits about the episode. 

HOW DO YOU SUBMIT ANYTHING YOU WANT COLLECTED IN THE OP?

Send me a PM and I'll review and add it as long as it is within the first few weeks of the episodes airing (or is really really amazing)

• Brohoof 18

• The title was changed to S09:E01+E02 - The Beginning of the End
  • The topic was unlocked

I usually wait till all 25 episodes are in, but this time I will not.

And so the final season begins and with it the conclusion of many story arcs that have blossomed throughout the years.

Been thinking about it for a while and I have decided that I will not be watching season 9 at all. Hasbro has ruined it for me with their marketing and them pushing so hard that this is the last season, like the names of these episodes as a good example. I'm just going to take the initiative and stop watching the new stuff altogether. So for those that do watch it, I do hope it is good, but I am soured on it.

• Brohoof 2

26 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Been thinking about it for a while and I have decided that I will not be watching season 9 at all. Hasbro has ruined it for me with their marketing and them pushing so hard that this is the last season, like the names of these episodes as a good example. I'm just going to take the initiative and stop watching the new stuff altogether. So for those that do watch it, I do hope it is good, but I am soured on it.

You would rather it NEVER END like SpongeBob, Teen TItans Go and The Simpsons? It might as well have the Cake Twins growing up, gaining a Pumpkin Cake and a Pound Cake for Cutie Marks respectively. as well as the Cutie Mark Crusaders gaining new members.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
27 minutes ago, YoshiAngemon said:

You would rather it NEVER END like SpongeBob, Teen TItans Go and The Simpsons? It might as well have the Cake Twins growing up, gaining a Pumpkin Cake and a Pound Cake for Cutie Marks respectively. as well as the Cutie Mark Crusaders gaining new members.

Never said that. The issue here isn't that it is the final season, it is that Hasbro is pushing that so hard and in a depressing manner. So far hardly any of the marketing has felt happy or like a celebration of everything the show is. So instead of being a happy thing to watch, for me, it just makes the last season something that is sad. As a result, I just don't want to even bother at this point.

I also want to add that my intention is not to sour anyone else on the season. If you are excited for it, I think that is awesome, I wish I could think more like that. Everyone be different though in the end.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)
1 minute ago, Nye said:

I thought the season was only 13 episodes?

That was season 3, many years ago.

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 2

18 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

That was season 3, many years ago.

You can thank Equestria Girls for the 13-Episode length. But I'm just grateful that MLP doesn't wind up like The Simpsons.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
31 minutes ago, YoshiAngemon said:

You can thank Equestria Girls for the 13-Episode length. But I'm just grateful that MLP doesn't wind up like The Simpsons.

It's not because of Equestria Girls that we had 13 episodes in Season 3. It was actually done that way so had the show ended at S3, it would have a total number of 65 episodes, which is the Golden Number for syndication. They were likely under contract to do 65 episodes spread across 3 seasons, but the popularity lead to the higher-ups allowing more to be made. 

The Equestria Girls was a spin-off that never actually took away the length of the show. I debunked a misunderstood myth there for you.

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 6

7 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

It's not because of Equestria Girls that we had 13 episodes in Season 3. It was actually done that way so had the show ended at S3, it would have a total number of 65 episodes, which is the Golden Number for syndication. They were likely under contract to do 65 episodes spread across 3 seasons, but the popularity lead to the higher-ups allowing more to be made. 

This. At a con a few years ago, Larson revealed that MMC was originally the last episode of the show. Soon after he completed the script, Hasbro ordered Season 4, and DHX retooled it to keep it continuous.

4 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

The issue here isn't that it is the final season, it is that Hasbro is pushing that so hard and in a depressing manner. So far hardly any of the marketing has felt happy or like a celebration of everything the show is. So instead of being a happy thing to watch, for me, it just makes the last season something that is sad. As a result, I just don't want to even bother at this point.

Marketing can be really deceiving. Just because the premiere's trailers may be gloomy and somber doesn't mean the rest is that way. S9 spoilers:

Spoiler

With seven more episodes announced and revealed after this with synopses, chances are the good fun and charm will continue.

Whether you watch S9 or not is up to you; if you do, judge them on their own merits, not by ads for the premiere.

• Brohoof 6

4 hours ago, Nye said:

I thought the season was only 13 episodes?

There were discussions within the leaks of the possibility of such. However, it has been revealed officially it was going to get 26 episodes, but those news were water under the bridge because we were still the post S7 hiatus. 

Oh, almost forgot :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

There were discussions within the leaks of the possibility of such. However, it has been revealed officially it was going to get 26 episodes, but those news were water under the bridge because we were still the post S7 hiatus. 

Oh, almost forgot :mlp_icwudt:

I did the Majora's Mask clips with a 3 day countdown to Rainbow Rocks back in 2014. Nice to see you using them for S9 countdown.

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

I did the Majora's Mask clips with a 3 day countdown to Rainbow Rocks back in 2014. Nice to see you using them for S9 countdown.

I’ve been doing these countdowns since season six I think :mlp_icwudt:. This may be the second to last time I use the Final Hour music tho. Not gonna do so with the series finale  :sunny:

Well, personally i think Twilight is still to young to rule the Equestria. I think that there will be many problems, so i am curious and looking forward to it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, Yfus said:

Well, personally i think Twilight is still to young to rule the Equestria. I think that there will be many problems, so i am curious and looking forward to it.

Let's face it, she's still a better ruler than Prince Blueblood would've been. Ask SaburoDaimando. All she needs is leadership skills to develop over the course of the season, and THEN Celestia and Luna can retire knowing that Twilight Sparkle is doing a great job.

Edited by YoshiAngemon
  • Brohoof 1