Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the story behind your oc/avatar?

SomeMLP Brony

For my 'first' post I'd like to ask everypony a question regarding their profile pics. How did you come up with it? Did you use it to tribute a pre-existing character or did you create one from scratch? I found a really cool website called '3D Pony Creator by PonyLumen' and made mine and I really like the way it looks. What's your story? Does your character have a name(if created lol)?

P.S. I hope I'm in the right forum :3

• Brohoof 1

Well this is more of my Avatar OC, but it does have somewhat of a story. I would consider this OC or I guess ponysona as my Darker half. Not dark as in evil, but Dark as in the part of me that no one really gets to see. The deep thinker, writer, etc. Mine is a bit more personal then most others. It is an alicorn but you can't see the wings and I had the avatar drawn by the lovely @Royal Blue Jay. She offered to redraw my OC and I am very pleased with her work : )

• Brohoof 2

Well this is more of my Avatar OC, but it does have somewhat of a story. I would consider this OC or I guess ponysona as my Darker half. Not dark as in evil, but Dark as in the part of me that no one really gets to see. The deep thinker, writer, etc. Mine is a bit more personal then most others. It is an alicorn but you can't see the wings and I had the avatar drawn by the lovely @Royal Blue Jay. She offered to redraw my OC and I am very pleased with her work : )

Nice, its pretty cool to get to hear about how people aren't always as they appear on the outside. Thanks for sharing!

The avatar I have right now is just a photo of my kitten in a weird shape so I thought I would meme it to be u.s.o a parody of UFO

My OC which I will be getting soon is based on the rfc or royal flying corps. Basically the first avaition branch name and was used for the great majority of ww1 until 1918 when it was renamed to the famous name raf or Royal Air Force

For my 'first' post I'd like to ask everypony a question regarding their profile pics. How did you come up with it? Did you use it to tribute a pre-existing character or did you create one from scratch? I found a really cool website called '3D Pony Creator by PonyLumen' and made mine and I really like the way it looks. What's your story? Does your character have a name(if created lol)?

P.S. I hope I'm in the right forum :3

Avatar: The logo of Equestrian Unit, a pseudo mercenary organization in Equestria, main function is similar to the Royal Guards but provides services to Equestria's allied kingdoms too. mainly consistsof defected soldiers from Outer Heaven. Yep Metal Gear crossover. Semi-original art done by combining the Equestria flag and the FOX badge from metal gear. Can't really provide too much information for now since that would mean spoilers. But here's a hint: In Face of Haters, Friendship Awakens

OC: I mainly have one, but I ended up creating a whole bunch of OCs for his sake. He is known as Scorpion (like many metal gear characters, real name not mentioned very often), human, he was an MSF recruit prior to the events of Ground Zeroes. Got teleported to Equestria (will try to explain this more in depth probably, pretty overused method lol). One of the founders of Equestrian Unit and eventually became the commander. Leads his own elite fireteam. Had severe PTSD but is recovering from it. Used to be pretty hostile and serious toward people but eventually became friendly and nice, and specifically at times kind of a goofball (credit goes to a pink pony). But he still has that instinct of violence in him, often depicted as the demon inside him. Again can't provide too much information since it would mean spoilers.

I understand if you have no idea what am I talking about, because there's so much metal gear involved. But I'll do my best to make him an amazing OC for non metal gear fans too. :)

Edited by Solid Scorpion
  • Brohoof 3

My avatar and my OC are identical, because I'm lazy.

My OC Sternly is a cop who grew up to be bitter. Because of his cynical attitude towards others, nobody likes him. I know I wouldn't.

My other OC named Rabten is an aspiring air nomad with daddy issues. Unfortunately, he might be too similar to Twilight.

Edited by SpaceOnion

Well, my primary OC and my avatar are one and the same. It's simply cut from a larger picture I commissioned from SpittfireArt.

Commission - The Derbyshire Herd (by spitfireart).png

Simply put Pathfinder is a map-maker, cartographer, and general explorer. He is a partner and close friend of archeologist Sojourner (far right), and they co-own a museum in the small town of Derbyshire.

Not much else I can say besides that; I think. If you're curious of his full background, here is his RP profile.

http://mlpforums.com/page/eqw-characters/_/approved/pathfinder-r206

• Brohoof 3

Ummmm.... Ever since the Maud Pie episode, I really respected Maud Pie for being a unique character in the show and in animation. I've also been listening to rock music almost all my life since it's my favorite genre.

• Brohoof 1

my avatar and my OC is Summer Sunbeam! She's an owner and operator of her family's coconut grove. :) When shes not working on family business shes helping her sister Wispy Willows (her older sister) with her Botany research!  Her hobbies include singing and painting  :D (I've also gotten that she looks like young granny smith, but I hadn't even seen that episode yet when I drew her)  :P

My OC is literaly Satan in pony form lol, the broken unicorn horn stands for corruption...

he plays in an equestrian Thrash Metal band! He plays the drums, so does myself IRL (Yes I play drums IRL, but was not able lately...)

And yeah he's recognized for being one if not the best drummer in all of Equestria! Well he claims to.

SO yeah, That's about it for my avatar (created in Pony Creator)

• Brohoof 1

My avatar shows one of my favourite Pokémon, Mienshao. I really like that Pokémon so much that I also like to collect as much fan art of it as I can.

My avatar is one of the pieces of fan art I found when I was hunting down Mienshao fan art one day.  I thought that it looked cute and soft, so I thought it would be nice to use it as my avatar.

Edited by Odyssey

My current avatar is my OC in the winter. Many of my avatars are sourced from my own artwork of my OC on DeviantArt (link in the signature).

Everything on my OC, Wind Chaser, personality-wise, with his full backstory, and with a picture showing him in his primary outfit, is in the link in the signature.

I created my OC to be as accurate of a reflection of myself as possible while staying true to the values of the show and the community. It's a great and unique form of self-expression, reflecting the state of mind I was in at the time I joined this fandom. Reflecting that, he wears a jacket and boots based on a Reebok jacket and Skechers boots I wore back when I was in high school not too long ago. In a way, they also make for a form of self-expression in the absence of a cutie mark.

You read that right! He is an adult blank flank, a concept which I think the show should address in an episode which unfortunately hasn't been done yet. He is dealing with his emotions and adjusting to the world around him while at the same time going about his life, seemingly without a purpose. But, he makes his purpose, be it with friends or helping others in whatever ways he can. In a way, it's a blank slate, and he fills it through his actions.

The name Wind Chaser was suggested by @Sunny Fox, it wasn't until later that I discovered that the Bible's book of Ecclesiastes had invoked the phrase "chasing after the wind" multiple times within its passages in reference to the inherent meaningless of life. It fits the character's theme and outlook on life perfectly. Wind Chaser's name originally had connotations of the hopelessness of chasing after unattainable dreams, but now it refers to the freedom of not being tied to a singular life path and to discover himself through his community and his friends.

So, as you can tell, I really put a lot of thought into this. It really is a concept worthy of consideration for the show, and I'm not alone in believing that. Thankfully, my life had me in a perfect position where I could create this character that I could relate more to my situation in life to fill a niche not only left open by the show, but very much by other OCs as well. Through this, I could share my life experience with others without giving away too much personal stuff, since it's going through a character. I've created a unique character that many others can identify with because I'm pulling from the greatest source of inspiration of all: life itself.

And @SomeMLP Brony, you're in the right place. Many OC threads have gone up in this board, and if you're talking about the forum in general, you definitely are. I hope you'll enjoy this welcoming community. :)

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 3

I liked Discord from day one and I didn't want just a standard picture of Discord. This is the avatar I've had since I signed up for the forum three years ago. I had to assert my authority over the chaotic arts somehow. :lol:

And SomeMLP Brony, you're in the right place. Many OC threads have gone up in this board, and if you're talking about the forum in general, you definitely are. I hope you'll enjoy this welcoming community.

Thanks, it is really a nice warm place with lots of different people! I like how there is really a place where people can express their opinions with the intended result instead of misunderstanding and argumentative behavior being the main theme.

Also Discordian, nice picture, so life-like!

• Brohoof 1

I decided to draw a bluy jay-lion-hybrid and I came up with what is now my avatar.

Blue jays are my favorite species of birds and I have an odd knsession with the word "royal". So... I just threw the two together! I think that it has a lovely ring to it  :proud:

My OC, on the other hand, was raised by wild wolves after her parents were killed in the woods and she was the only one who wasn't killed.

• Brohoof 2

Ahhh,  well I made my avi! As for her story:

Rhode is from a lost blood line of earth ponies

that can call on earth magic,  her magic and talent

is turning the leaves colors for the fall using music

as the channel!  

She was found by a band of traveling Gypsies ponies and

race and was raced by them as a filly when she lost her parents

in a bad snow storm.  Her two best friends are Brine and Hummer!

• Brohoof 1

My avatar is my OC Red Sage. I didn't draw the picture, Raindash S. Dragon is the one who drew it. My OC is a WWII veteran. Served with the USMC on Guadalcanal, Cape Gloucester, Peleliu, and Okinawa. He holds the rank of sergeant and lead 2nd Squad of 3rd battalion, of 7th marines, 1st marine Division.

• Brohoof 2

I salute you red sarge sir

I forgot to say the story about my rfc OC

Basically neutral served with the rfc as a pilot from the start of the airforce up until the rename of the Air Force. He has nearly 40 victories (kills).

He has the rank of squad leader and is Well known for his tactics in the air and control of his wingmen and also his respect as well.

In the raf he still served as a pilot and continues to this day and has a good relationship with his squad.

No known document of his past has been found since he has been homeless put had a special talent of knowing how to make things work and fly

My Avatar over there is both OC and my Ponysona! His name is Will Guide. The link to his profile is in my signature. I've dropped pieces of his story within several topics regarding "OC"s. I plan to write the full details of his story in a fanfic soon, (hopefully).

As for why I chose him as my avatar, I just like my Ponysona.

• Brohoof 1