Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Champion RD92's Rock Music Thread

Champion RD92

This is my favorite track off the somewhat disappointing One By One album. The intro is incredible, it's best listened to with headphones. I don't know how to explain it exactly, but parts of it alternate which side they play through, and it just sounds much better this way. I also love the drum part at 3:44.

Not really Ted Nugent's biggest fan...well, crap, I don't like him at all. He's a terrible person.

Of course, this is one of my favorite songs to play when confronting Rarity hate :D

Lol yeah, I posted that song a while ago, along with a "Ted Nugent is insane" comment or something like that.

• Brohoof 1

Lol yeah, I posted that song a while ago, along with a "Ted Nugent is insane" comment or something like that.

Yeahh :D It's the one I play for lighter attacks on my waifu. Was listening to it when I made this post :D

When stuff gets serious, I play either "Holy Wars...the Punishment Due" by Megadeth or "Panic Attack" by Dream Theatre :D 

I'll just post another song from my playlist I listen to when I defend her, for the heck of it :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIskUPgpBbk

• Brohoof 2

I checked his wikipedia page to see why he's insane and found out he was once part of The Amboy Dukes, They're on a legendary compilation album called "Nuggets", It's an awesome compilation of rock rarities you never hear on the radio. :) 

When stuff gets serious, I play either "Holy Wars...the Punishment Due" by Megadeth or "Panic Attack" by Dream Theatre :D 

Why specifically those two? I could think of better songs by both bands that fit with a more serious attitude.

• Brohoof 2

Why specifically those two? I could think of better songs by both bands that fit with a more serious attitude.

I could answer that, but I don't want to take the risk of sounding like a sadist :D

I've been listening to a lot of Pearl Jam lately :D All day, almost.

The lyrics of this song give me chills...and Vedder's voice is definitely possessing a powerful amount of emotion, even if this song is très vieux and therefore not of his own work.

He packs such a punch when he starts belting it out, you can almost feel the emotions of the narrator...definitely a must-hear.

Just curious if any rock fans brought anything on Record Store Day?

Also here's an eerie yet catchy protest song, Unique choice of vocals, Highly recommended if you're a fan of progressive rock, Never met a prog fan who disliked this album :)

• Brohoof 1

Just curious if any rock fans brought anything on Record Store Day?

No -_- 

Nearest record store is a town over. I usually just get all of my music through YouTube now, anyway :D

Which, reminds me, I think this counts as rock :D

• Brohoof 1

No -_- 

Nearest record store is a town over. I usually just get all of my music through YouTube now, anyway :D

Which, reminds me, I think this counts as rock :D

I live in a very weird place, Small village in England, No MLP meetups or anything nearby. :(

However if you're into record collecting there's like 6 events every weekend in different parts of the county.

Another great song.

• Brohoof 1

This was the last track off the Foo Fighters debut album. They used to end every live performance with this song. This was their first track released to the public. It was also one of a few songs that would have likely been Nirvana songs at some point.

I love the staticky noise playing in the background, along with Grohl's tone in the lyrics. It's just a really enjoyable, yet sad song, and it's really meaningful to me. Also has my favorite riff in any song ever.

(in case you can't tell yet I'm kind of obsessed with them)

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 1

This was the last track off the Foo Fighters debut album. They used to end every live performance with this song. This was their first track released to the public. It was also one of a few songs that would have likely been Nirvana songs at some point.

I love the staticky noise playing in the background, along with Grohl's tone in the lyrics. It's just a really enjoyable, yet sad song, and it's really meaningful to me.

(in case you can't tell yet I'm kind of obsessed with them)

Dave Grohl is OP as hell, but in a good way :D

The Foo Fighters are pretty much the gods of the modern rock world at this point :D They're great, though, so I don't care :D

I really liked their newest album :D Proof that they're still going stronger than ever, even after all of these years.

• Brohoof 2

Dave Grohl is OP as hell, but in a good way :D

The Foo Fighters are pretty much the gods of the modern rock world at this point :D They're great, though, so I don't care :D

I really liked their newest album :D Proof that they're still going stronger than ever, even after all of these years.

I know. <3 I have literally listened to every song on every album they've ever put out, multiple times. (Excluding the bonus tracks that I don't have) There are only about 3 or 4 songs that I dislike. They're so versatile and they've made a song for every one of my different moods. Their music means so much to me.

This was my favorite off their new album:

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 2

I read earlier today that those rumors aren't true, they aren't breaking up or anything.

Yeah but if Malcolm's health is not that great and he has to be off the next album or whatever they decide it would not be the same without him imo. 

OT. 

This band really can't get enough of their material.

I know. <3 I have literally listened to every song on every album they've ever put out, multiple times. (Excluding the bonus tracks that I don't have) There are only about 3 or 4 songs that I dislike. They're so versatile and they've made a song for every one of my different moods. Their music means so much to me.

My personal favorite song by them is the little gem I'm about to link, after I express how irritated I am that "Learn to Fly" (as good a song as it is) stole all the attention this album got, it seems -_-

But, apart from being my favorite by them, this song is on my Rarity defense playlist as well :D So calm, but then so angry. Kinda helps me set the tempo, for whatever reason :D

• Brohoof 2

God I love that song one of my favs off that album no doubt. The Foos are outstanding. 

Razor is my fav. track by them.

Edited by Lucky Dice
  • Brohoof 2