Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Movies that Enraged you

TheAnimationFanatic

How was Supes in anyway bland and underdeveloped? As opposed to Nolanverse Batman, who I though met that criterion.

Superman wasn't a person as much as he was a backstory. We never really grew to care about who he was, because all we were shown of him was that single backstory.

Contrast this to Batman, whose entire trilogy was dedicated to getting us inside the heads of him and the other characters. The Nolanverse didn't dare waste a chance for character development, or let one scene go by that wasn't carefully and meticulously crafted by the director. That's not to say all of his ideas were good, but you could always tell that Nolan put his all into it, in stark contrast to Zack Snyder's lazy direction.

Well at least Man of Steel actually HAS character development unlike Superman Returns...We see Kal-El's childhood, How General Zod was banished and everything. And in Superman Returns there was literally no fight scenes at all and most of it was just boring tedious filler.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

The Other Guys.  I didn't even finish watching it in theaters, I just walked out.  I didn't laugh once.

When Blockbuster was still around, I worked there and when the DVD came out; I put in my two cents on the movie saying I didn't think it was funny when some guy was renting it with his girlfriend.  His girlfriend must have wanted him to watch it or something because she followed it up with "What? Are you retarded or something? It was hilarious!".

I thought working at Blockbuster would have helped me want to be a movie producer/director.  However it just pushed me away from it.

Pokemon XY movie Genesect

In one of the trailers, there were like, bunch of fires and genesect attacking the city, destroying stuffs and intense scenes.

But when I watched it.... disappointed. 

The Last Airbender. I love the cartoon, I don't need to go into detail on the movie because everybody hates it.

Batman & Robin..

> bat credit card.

I shall say no more.

Nostalgia Critic: A BAT CREDIT CARD!!!! RAPE MY CHILDHOOD WILL YOU!!!!! Edited by CrazyMrLunaDash

Transformers 3: Age of Extinction, because the whole thing was a storyline that looked to be made up on the spot, it tried to tell a story different to what we previously knew about TF fromr 1 and 2. It basically attempted to add a storyline to a finished series, ruining the main hero and killing ratchet in scene 1 :'(

Also Michael Bay films tend to consist on this logic;

<|<|<|()EXPLOSIONS()|>|>|>

BOOM! POW! KAZAM!

<|<|<|()EXPLOSIONS()|>|>|>

But I wasn't "Enraged" I was pretty miffed though.

Edited by Tempest Shift

Well at least Man of Steel actually HAS character development unlike Superman Returns...We see Kal-El's childhood, How General Zod was banished and everything. And in Superman Returns there was literally no fight scenes at all and most of it was just boring tedious filler.

You've kinda... got the two mixed up. Returns was all about seeing the characters from the movies again. It wasn't much of an action movie, it was more, well, a return to the first two films, to look back on them. And in that regard, I'd say it was a much better sequel than Superman III was. It wasn't perfect, but at least it respected the material, and it had something in the way of a point.

Man of Steel was a movie that the studio was literally forced to make, thanks to an ancient legal obligation. I'm being very, very literal when I say they only made it because they had to make a Superman movie. What little plot it has was completely rehashed from the first two movies but with added explosions. It made no effort to make any of the characters interesting, and had no artistic vision beyond "space explosions." Then, when it turned out that a plot thinner than a Ritz Cracker isn't enough to sustain a two-hour movie, they pad the thing out with even more CGI explosions and shameless product placement.

I've watched Superman Returns several times. It's an okay movie. Man of Steel I could barely sit through once, because it bored me half to death.

You've kinda... got the two mixed up. Returns was all about seeing the characters from the movies again. It wasn't much of an action movie, it was more, well, a return to the first two films, to look back on them. And in that regard, I'd say it was a much better sequel than Superman III was. It wasn't perfect, but at least it respected the material, and it had something in the way of a point.

Man of Steel was a movie that the studio was literally forced to make, thanks to an ancient legal obligation. I'm being very, very literal when I say they only made it because they had to make a Superman movie. What little plot it has was completely rehashed from the first two movies but with added explosions. It made no effort to make any of the characters interesting, and had no artistic vision beyond "space explosions." Then, when it turned out that a plot thinner than a Ritz Cracker isn't enough to sustain a two-hour movie, they pad the thing out with even more CGI explosions and shameless product placement.

I've watched Superman Returns several times. It's an okay movie. Man of Steel I could barely sit through once, because it bored me half to death.

Wow you and me are polar opposites lol. I have the exact opposite opinion of these two movies as you do.

Well mainly this part is in reverse for me:

I literally could not even finish Superman Returns because it bored me so much...Man of Steel was decent in my opinion but also could've been better in some ways.

Shark Tale - Easily the worst film DreamWorks has made. The story is generic, the jokes are hit and miss (Mostly miss), the characters are bland stereotypes, the designs are creepy (Need I mention Will Smith Fish ?), and the movie has no heart.

Edited by Theanimationfanatic

This piece of shit sequel to one of my all-time favorite movies.

The original Sandlot was a passionate, realistic, yet immensely creative look back at childhood set in the height of the Camelot years. It had all the heart of a 90s movie, and wisdom far ahead of its time. It was a masterpiece.

Sandlot 2, on the other hand, is a cold, heartless rehash completely devoid of charm or inspiration. It spits on the legacy of the original, even as it shamelessly rips off every word of it. No other movie in history has pissed me off as much as this one has. No other movie has ever made me stand up and declare its simple existence an affront to cinema.

No other movie but Sandlot 2.

• Brohoof 3

Avatar the last Airbender.. Just...

Idk even know what to say Dx

Normal Avatar, like.. With blue people was nice! :D

Jack and Jill was.. Quite bad, I didn't really like "That's My Boy" Either.

Meet the Spartans. The whole time, it felt like the movie was trying to destroy the essence of comedy itself while simultaneously insulting my intelligence for giving it any attention. Glad my friend rented it and not me, I would have asked for a refund.

That was the only one that genuinely angered me, but I have to say the Golden Compass came pretty close. It mostly left the bitter taste of disappointment as a huge fan of the book... They didn't even make it to the end of the first book, almost like they just gave up before they were going to record the last few scenes.

Edit: after some research, it turns out that the movie was complete. The footage existed. Studio directors chewed up the ending because it confused audiences, and they wanted it to be a Christmas movie instead of a three part epic. The disappointment has returned... :(

• Brohoof 2

In regards to Man of Steel: Zack Snyder has a pretty serious boner for fight scenes. I liked that Man of Steel was trying to be more true to the comics, but it still was a pretty tedious slug fest. Even the scenes that a normal movie wouldn't play as an action scene were an action scene in that movie.

I had noticed this fight scene boner with Watchmen which for the most part tried to at least feel like the original. Fight scenes in the original comic would be like two panels long, but in the movie they were these long drawn out affairs with stunts and slow motion.

• Brohoof 3

Advent Children. 

The whole movie was a mess of over the top action, which never obeyed any sort of physics, with most everything happening right up against the camera, making everything a hazy blur. FF7 was a smart game, but with that movie I feel like a a bunch of "dude-bros" just sat around and talked about how cool it would be to see Cloud jump really high and kill Bahamut - who had no reason of being in the film beyond fan service. 

Nothing about that movie is truly grounded in the original game. Also, cloud was never actually a whiny jerk. I feel this movie alone is what caused people to look at him like that. 

It just marred people's overall view of the original game. 

EDIT: And was Cloud just too cool to wear a symmetrical jacket?

Edited by Squeak

Meet the Spartans. The whole time, it felt like the movie was trying to destroy the essence of comedy itself while simultaneously insulting my intelligence for giving it any attention. Glad my friend rented it and not me, I would have asked for a refund.

As bad as Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer's movies are, none of them are as Disaster Movie, which plays put like one long, unfunny, mean-spirited joke without a punchline.

But if it's any consolation, Celtore, Seltzerberg's last two movies (The Starving Games and Best Night Ever) have been given limited release dates, which means we may not have to worry about them destroying comedy.

• Brohoof 3

Nothing about that movie is truly grounded in the original game. Also, cloud was never actually a whiny jerk. I feel this movie alone is what caused people to look at him like that. 

It just marred people's overall view of the original game. 

EDIT: And was Cloud just too cool to wear a symmetrical jacket?

I'm pretty sure Kingdom Hearts and Tetsuya Nomura also played a part in that :P

Speaking of Final Fantasy, another movie that annoyed me was Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, due to the fact that it doesn't resemble anything remotely close to Final Fantasy other than name and a character named Cid

As bad as Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer's movies are, none of them are as Disaster Movie, which plays put like one long, unfunny, mean-spirited joke without a punchline.

I never walk out on movies.

I walked out on that movie.