Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

why does steam and xbox live hate bronys

fluttershygamer223

It's online gaming, they hate everyone. Also, the internet hates everyone..

Bronies are just easy to hate on for them

^^

This.

As long as people exist, we're going to hate something about others.

So basically, haters gonna hate. Don't let it get to you.

Edited by Wyzecat

It could be because bronies are more likely to be on steam and xbox live too. It makes me wonder if they are doing it to avoid conflict towards other members. I don't have either nor am I a brony or pegasister either... so I can't speak for others that enjoy those things or why they would hate them so much.

Wait, Steam hate bronies? Well I never knew that...  :blink:, I think it's probably because they...

A) Don't want to hear all our brony talk

B) Really don't like us because haters

C) Any other reason that keeps them satisfied. 

Perhaps it's easier to deter issues by removing the source of the problem. I don't know about Xbox Live, but Steam houses a lot of people with rabid irrational hatred towards bronies, it wouldn't be surprising if the mods recieve constant complaints.

Otherwise, I have not a clue as to why sapient technicolor ponies reduce some people to act like violent animals.

Pps3 people are actually nice about it... Then I get people who scream at the top of their lungs yelling Bronies get out of our lobby but I think its funny because I fight back and then they rage quit because I'm better than them. B)

• Brohoof 1

They just see Bronies as easy targets, i guess its like their stress release when they've been having a few bad games?

Maybe they're just bored? Maybe gaming just brings out the worst in some people? Maybe they're just that insecure and they need to reassure themselves of their masculinity? Who knows...

I wouldnt let them bother you anyway, waste of time trying to engage them. As was said above, haters gonna hate.

We're just easy to pick on because we go against what people should think adults should be in to. 

Of course if someone watched this, I think it would leave them scratching their heads 

But yeah people pick on us because our liking MLP is not a normal thing. It's why I don't talk about it all over the internet. I mean, I love other things too. I love Hondas, Zelda, PC gaming, and a myriad of other things. I think people get annoyed with bronies whenever their entire lives revolve around MLP. 

Nobody at work knows I love MLP. Though I do give little hints to the guy who works in my office and then I deny being a brony just to mess with him. I told him once i was going to get him an MLP lunchbox and he asked if I was a brony. I was like

Miley-haha-no.gif

Edited by Space Woona

I don't see many people on Steam hating bronies. Except TF2 players. Almost every single one I've met hates ponies and loves 18+ stuff. Gaming stereotypes?

And really, Xbox Live is full of teenagers acting like 6 year olds. Another gaming stereotype? Just don't start a discussion of ponies there unless through chats.

And almost every MLP-related image uploaded (publicly) on Imgur gets downvoted. Unless if it is, yeah. Don't go insane about this, please.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't had much brony hate when it comes to gaming personally. On tf2 I never hide the fact that I am a brony, I mean, I don't flaunt it or anything, but I do have a Changeling spray. Maybe they just don't want to anger their medic, lol.

Depends i guess. When i play games then i usually talk about games or the fun stuff i can do in it :). MLP is something i usually watch as a side note, its just a nice show in general ^ ^

The internet hates everyone. And besides, who's easier to hate than bronies? We like brightly-colored magical talkking ponies designed to be liked by little girls. Add to that the fact that many of us actually believe in friendship and tolerance as a solution to everything and you've got a group of people even easier to hate.

I play CoD a lot....and competitively on Xbox so literally my avatar wears a Fluttershy jumper, my clan tag is MLP, my profile avatar changes everyday so I have a different pony and in my description I give my Twitter and state I am a Brony. 

Majority don't really care or don't seem to react albeit I have had a few hate messages because I made a bunch of try-hards rage....

B)

I can only presume it's different for the PC community, since League of Legends considers all Bronies to be Toxic players due to one guy... :okiedokielokie:

Here is an interesting thing; My gamertag is KyoshiiTheBrony, my Xbox Avatar has pony stuff obviously, and my COD is Fluttershy, yet I don't get hate messages, barely. I have a couple of times but those were very far apart. That's surprising and kinda cool really. It's nice to see people NOT going crazy just because they know I like the show, like people Youtube do.

As for why we are hated on those places by whomever, because reasons. That's all I got. I cannot think of anything that actually has logic and stuff that is not fueled solely by gender role nonsense.

Not too surprisingly for this thread, I've only been harassed for being a brony a few times on Steam, in TF2, and with one it was more of an off comment.

First time it was jumping into an achievement server (I honestly have no idea why now) and a speed-hacking Heavy decided to go after me. After a few lucky headshots, he seemed to give up.

Second time was after I had dominated the entire enemy team in Degroot Keep as a Demoknight (all 7 players, and the lone bot, against me and seven bots). A huntsman sniper really hated me for getting a taunt kill on him, and tried to rage at me in chat. Got kicked from the server shortly after that too  :okiedokielokie:

Haven't really seen much beyond that, since most don't really care.