Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Queen Chrysalis as an ally?

newfrickinshow

Queen Chrysalis still wants Equestria to feed herself and her people.  It is still the place with the most love for her to one day conquer and use to her own ends.  Which means that if someone were to rise up and threaten Equestria, Queen Chrysalis and the changelings would lose all that potential nourishment.  So in an effort to allow herself to one day steal the love from Equestria she must first help the Mane 6 protect from a horrible threat.

Anyone else think this could be a good plot twist?

• Brohoof 4

Logically it makes sense a bit.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  I don't know if she would really help though unless she was reformed.  If she did intervene I imagine she would stay away and the moment both where at their weakest she would try to crush both sides.

I could see this happening, but Chrysalis would likely be somewhat manipulative in her aid, trying to corner the Mane 6 into a contract that they can't quite escape, but had no time to think about signing. It could actually interesting to see play out, particularly since Discord would probably be the best bet for getting out of those kinds of deals.

This could also be a good movie idea, if played out right  :yay:

• Brohoof 2

Given the insect like nature of the changlings, we all know deep in the bowels of only Luna knows where, lies a huge ass changling eating spider XD

Edited by Shire Pony Malinter

Well it would be interesting. Queen Chrysalis is a villain yes but she isn't without feelings. Yes, she doesn't seek a mate but she does seek affection and love. Here intentions are not 100% evil but her approaches tend to become evil. She could actually aid the Mane 6, but in some way it could be a experience that would maybe help her consider sparing the ponies for another time when she attacks them. I know not all stories would work that way but we don't want the series to get too dark now, do we?  :P

I dunno, she seemed pretty cold and heartless to me in almost all aspects, especially so in the IDW Comics (Yes, I know they're not really in canon to the show). I could only see it happening through some sort of mutual agreement, if there was another, greater enemy out there that was causing trouble for Chrysalis. She'd definitely be manipulative, probably constantly trying to put the Mane 6 in danger, and of course have some sort of hidden ulterior motive she won't reveal until the end. Likewise, I imagine her treated with suspicion throughout the entire ordeal. Bottom line: it would be a very strained alliance.

I admit it's an intriguing idea though, even for just 1 or 2 episodes. I'd like to see it happen.

• 1 month later...

I could see this happening, but Chrysalis would likely be somewhat manipulative in her aid, trying to corner the Mane 6 into a contract that they can't quite escape, but had no time to think about signing. It could actually interesting to see play out, particularly since Discord would probably be the best bet for getting out of those kinds of deals.

This could also be a good movie idea, if played out right  :yay:I

I think it'd be great if Chrssie returned and Discord was ordered by Celestia to cause chaos so there would be no love in equestria for her and her army to feed on. He'd have a field day :)

• 5 years later...
On 12/6/2014 at 5:53 AM, newfrickinshow said:

Anyone else think this could be a good plot twist?

Yes, it reminds me of almost any complex villain story, having to team up with the good guys, temporary of course.

Though in the future, the Mane 6 might not be there, but she can still break free from the stone spell and ruin the day. So it is still possible!

By the end of the show we know she is irredeemable, she is bent on revenge way too much and the only way too change her mind will be to break her mentality(or brainwash, mind control her if its possible) completely which the main characters will not do, so her fate is set in stone.

But the changelings did become allies, although it came somehow out of left field

I think that Chrysalis, seeing a fight between Equestria and some villain who wanted to conquer (but not exterminate) ponies would probably wait for one side to win and then attack the (weakened) winner.