Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most mysterious character on the show?

TheMisterManGuy

Most mysterious character  

39 users have voted

1. 1. Poll Which character is the most mysterious?

• Pinkie Pie
    • Discord
    • Fluttershy
    • Zecora
    • Luna

What do we know about fluttershy other than her love of animals? Why is she so shy? Why animals? How come she seems to be the oldest out of the mane 6? Where is her family? For being one of the main characters, we know very little about her. Rainbow dash is kind of in the same boat but at least we have seen one of her parents.

I definitely agree that Zecora is probably the most undefined and therefore mysterious of the show.

As little is known about Discord and Luna, there are still flashbacks giving tidbits into their back stories.

Zecora however was never given a back story nor was anything revealed in the show besides that she came from another homeland.

Otherwise, I would wonder more about Sombra since virtually nothing was told of him other than he was a Crystal Empire eating Tyrant.

There are two ways to answer this. First, which character is ackowlged by the other characters as being mysterious and second who has the thinnest backstory.

With that consideration Zecora is clearly the most mysterious, with Discord in second place, and the thinnest background award goes to Fluttershy. We know almost nothing about her and the mystery detracts from her character, or at least ads nothing.

Edited by Nature's Spell

Zecora. She's the only zebra we've ever seen, so we don't know if anything she does is normal for Zebra culture of is unique to her. Do all Zebras speak in rhymes, or it just her? Are her magical abilities unique, or commonplace to the Zebra race? Not to mention, why did she come to Equestria? Is she on some kind of pilgrimage or was she just a traveling nomad before this point? Also I would like to know how long she was living outside of Ponyville before Twilight showed up.

↑↑↑ THIS ↑↑↑

If you take MLP the chapter books to be canonical, there is actually one other Zebra that appears. A character called Braze is introduced in Rainbow Dash and the Daring Do Double Dare. He also speaks in rhymes.

I am intrigued by Zecora's backstory though. She proudly keeps mementos of her native land in her hut, so I think we can eliminate the theory that she just didn't like where she came from so decided to come to Equestria. I think she came to Equestria for a specific reason, but I don't know if it's something she's searching for there, or something she's trying to escape from back home.

The thinnest background award goes to Fluttershy.

This is true too. We know nothing about her family, and only fairly simple stuff about her past before coming to Ponyville. (She lived in Cloudsdale, was even shyer than now, was ridiculed by her friends for her poor flying skills, and was at least acquainted with Rainbow Dash.)

Zecora is easily the most mysterious, but with Zecora, I feel like she's the only one who benefits from her mysteriousness

Zecora, why and how the hell does she knows all the stuff she does, why is she the only zebra, and why is she living in the everfree? Hopefully it will be answered in season 5 because they'll be exploring equestria and beyond.

I would have to say Zecora because aside from her debut appearance, we have been given very little information on who she is, why she came to Ponyville, if she has any family, what Zebra culture as a whole is like or why she would choose to settle in a dark, dangerous place like the Everfree Forest.

• 2 weeks later...

i would say discord and zecora ( i think zecora is evil)

I feel sorry for Zecora cause' everone thinks she's evil and the mane 6 or the cmc only visit her when they have a problem. Why don't they just stop by to have a chat sometimes? yeah its dark and scary everfree forest but it never stops them any other time :P