Ever lost a game save?

TheDashingRainbow

My sibling lost their Animal Crossing data for the day by dropping the DS on the floor and causing the cartridge to pop up. We were visiting each other’s towns so I got forced back to my town after that. I also was not paying attention a couple of times and I forgot to save my data on the game as well. :dry:

It also took me forever to realize I could save data on the classic arcade PS2 game so all of the high scores before then are all gone.

• Brohoof 1

3FBC2CD6-82F4-4BE2-9995-20DAD3ED3514.png.4ce87f72cf9bda0d0d5900fa20c489d3.png

Boom!

On 1/11/2020 at 10:26 PM, Pastel-chan said:

WWF No Mercy cartridge wiped by the infamous corruption bug.

This happened quite a bit for me, too. 

I've also accidentally deleted my game data in the past a few times as well. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

IMG_0073.jpeg.23b4b3ca0c687c68e46b517e4fdbe26a.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I found out the hard way that my data got wiped on Bully: Scholarship Edition. A shame, since I put a lot of hours into that game.

At first I rejected the zero, but that was because I simply didn't understand it. Now I do.

Donkey Kong 64. Not only did I lose the save but every time I saved after that. I always had to start a new game.

Eventually (in 2013) I got the save function to work again. By repeatedly spamming the save button until I felt comfortable and then I had to hope for the best.

• Brohoof 1

5F6F8DC5-9AD9-4CAA-8583-26C26D84F16C.gif.e19a798194ad73508ccbdca1dfa04e58.gif

And that’s the bottom line, ‘cause Stone Cold said so!

• 5 months later...
(edited)

Not so long ago i lost my most important save in New Super Mario Bros 1

It got corrupted, damn politics:Cozy:

Edited by HeavenSunset

Sig.png.7371be115f8ce7c0723fa01136e9524b.png

All hail the former king of General Discussion

I almost did but thankfully I copied the save on accident after I accidentally deleted it at the same time. This was on a DS with two different save files. I think I was moving stuff around but I can’t remember.

3FBC2CD6-82F4-4BE2-9995-20DAD3ED3514.png.4ce87f72cf9bda0d0d5900fa20c489d3.png

Boom!

Not exactly lost

Once I saw an interesting game came out ("I'm Alive" I believe) and decided to try it. But at that time my uncle were living with us and we were using the same PC. He had already downloaded this game and almost completed it. I thought that if I download and install the game again, I will get two independent versions on one computer. But little did I know that saves are stored in the Documents folder, not in the game folder. So my dumb ass started a new game and when my uncle found out about it, he deleted all saves from all of my games:sealed:

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

One game comes to mind, Star Wars - Jedi Power Battles on Sega Dreamcast.  Enjoyed playing the middle of level 2, then I quit.  Once I got back to the title screen, there was :BornAgainBrony:not a single saved game file:stressed:  Even when the console recognized:baconmane: the VMU mounted:mlp_okiedokieloki: in the controller with the impressive small screen images:ticking:  At least the level 1 boss was coolB)

716664449_octifluttersandstarwars.jpg.b8097d40c820f353f40695648d5a7368.jpg

Special thanks to Emerald Heart for the banner!  

Bioshock 1 on Xbox 360, I unfortunately had one of those 4GB 360 Models, and it sucked to say the least, I had to buy flash drives for it constantly to be able to play most anything as It didn't even have enough storage to save every game I owned, and what do you know, one flash drive was faulty, and it caused me to lose my save data...that I didn't back up, only one of my many saves got corrupted, so in reality i was sent back to the previous area in the game, and not the start of the game, but it was still enough to make me upset, this was in 2014, I did not finish bioshock till 2016, and on a different system no less!

I remember i had once lost some files because they got corrupted for some reason. The game Monopoly on the Ps 2 had this issue, it even happened more than once, so i just played trough the game in one sitting and then the save file stayed.

Most of my save files got lost because of my addiction to play games in order to completion, so i actually ereased all my save files multiple times, everytime i skipped a game or was unhappy with myself. Actually this was a problem for many years, since my childhood. Thankfully though i finally stopped doing that once i started my DC Collection, since the Dc Universe is so big, i never would want to delete stuff again because its already hard enough to try to catch up as it is, so now i have played all my save files back and it stayed that way ever since.

Signature.png.dfe30e494cadddd2f98e87ea7e3841eb.png

Sig made by Kyoshi

Oh, my child...

Shall I tell you of the Heartbreak of Zelda, on that fateful day when the save batteries died?  Ot shall I regale you of the tale of the sub-par save card for the legenday PS2, which would erase like clockwork every three weeks?  Or mayhaps you were there for the great Hard Drive Fry of 98'?

These things... I know of them.  They are horror, pure and simple.

=====  ( 0=====

Fnord.

I finally managed to finish the Brotherhood of Steel quest with computer virus in Fallout New Vegas and my game suddenly crashed (FNV does that a lot) and I didn't save the game. I wanted to smash my keyboard.

ezgif.com-resize.gif.1bd16a903300166e39eaaed3c6e10247.gif

Twice by my cousin...I was so upset, because for one of the games, I unlocked almost all the characters and almost all the rare skills. It was Dragonball Z Budokai 3. Took me a while to get back to where I was. The other was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team. 

• 1 month later...

I lost my save of Super Mario 3D World after my little sister accidentally deleted it not too long after I completed the game 100%, which made it felt even worse. I eventually played it again and honestly, playing the game a second time made me realise how easy the game was.

• Brohoof 2

977135361_RaraBanner.png.ac0d4974866474cfb12da9ba1665dcee.png