• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I think it was in February that I became a brony, I had a friend on Xbox who talked about it all the time(I knew him IRL too) I eventually just got so curious on how a show like My Little Pony could attract an audience like my friend so I tried an episode and ended up watching both seasons

ummmmmm i had heard about bronies and one of my friends being one but i had never actually thought that bronies were people that watched MLP or that MLP had even existed... i remember being a bit puzzled and ribbing my friend a bit for watching "ponies" because thats what he said he watched and since i didnt have any ideas as to whether it was some kinda like real live animal kingdom show or animation or etc i was quite thrown off.... i remember like months after that finally hearing him bringing it up again and i said you still watch ponies on national geographic or something? i felt so stupid when he finally explained and  i felt horrible for the slight ribbings i gave him as a joke too, even though i had no idea

i tried it out that day and well lets just say

<- this right here sold me, up to that part and a little afterwards i was like.. im not sure if this is something guys watching would be socially accepted by others (im terrified of being judged by others not as much as i used to be though :P) but i decided to stick with it and just watch it, and i gotta say im glad i did, love the brony community, the fandom and everything! i ended up doing a full 2 season maratho btw, thats how hooked i got after a while (id say around episode 6 was when i was fully sure i would continue watching the show and become a full time brony) because up till that point time seemed to fly by so quickly and my mind was in a slight kinda daze from the, ummm..... cuteness overload? XP

man i loved the apple bloom vid, it's just too cute... what cold, heartless, sadistic, vile, rancorous, demonic creature could say no to that face? lol

I honestly don't remember exactly when I became a brony. I'm not even sure as to the exact year. I know it was sometime before December 2011. I remember it being towards the end of summer vacation, so it was probably in July or August (I voted August). My personal guess is that it was July or August of 2011, because I know I started watching it before 9th grade but not back in 8th grade, and I started 9th grade in late August of 2011. 

An online friend of mine who I have known since 2008 convinced me to watch the show. At first I thought it would be "girly" or "stupid" (back when I thought there was something wrong with stuff intended for girls). However, I gave the show a chance, for reasons I don't understand in terms of the frame of mind I had back then. By the end of season 1 episode 1 I was very interested in the show, and by the end of season 1 episode 2 I was hooked. I have happily been a brony ever since, and I always will. 

I became a brony last March when I started to hear people on youtube saying good thing about the show and giving positive reviews (I didn't know earlier because before, I would watch gaming related videos). I got curious ad watched the first 2 episodes and it all took off from there.

As far as MLP:FIM is concerned, I became a Brony about three weeks ago. Fluttershy Goes Insane was the video that caused it.

I came across this on a YTP video and various other times.

Curiosity led me to watch from the beginning and I thought "there's something about this."  Also theres something  about the humour that I wouldn't expect from a children's programme. 

I think part of the thing is I like cartoons, I watch animated shorts on t'internet aswell.

Edited by ajm

Gotta say that for me it was around April of last year.

I had heard about the show but never thought of watching cause I never thought I would like it. So one day I just sat down, got on Youtube, and decided to give it a try. 4 episodes in and I was liking what I saw. But to be honest what really hooked me onto the pony bandwagon was what the community put out, all the videos, fan-art, music, stories, and so much more! Gotta say I am enjoying the fandom and all it offers.

My crush introduced me to it. <3 lol As soon as I watched the first episode I was hooked! Loved it.  :)

I'm up to season 2 though. I plan I watching it as soon as I can.

Edited by SassyPony

I became a brony around November of 2011. I was watching an abridged version of Code Geass and the creator used a PMV clip in the video.

This one to be precise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irQ_d78feMA

What surprised me was that I didn't even like most of the songs used, yet the visual aesthetics of the ponies seemed to off set the bad content. And how well the splicing was surprised me. So I looked up the show on my ever-reliable tvtropes.org and that's when I found out the term "brony." When the trope page said it was created by Lauren Faust, and seeing as how it garnered such a following I thought it must've been pretty good.

I wouldn't say I was a brony by this point, merely that the show must've been worth watching. So I looked it up on Youtube, watched the parts 1 and 2 and from there I was hooked.

Around January 2012ish. :)

I only became involved with the community recently though. :3

I saw avatars everywhere, thought it looked adorable, saw some episodes and more or less fell in love with it. XD

I began my Brony career after seeing a video on my friends wall. It was moon base alpha with ponies. I wanted to see where the clips came from watched the first two episodes. I was hooked after that. I just watched the episodes on youtube in privet. A few months later, I found this forum and joined. 

Recently, I have been talking to a coworker about the show. I even got a Brony lanyard that I wear ever day at my job. Only one other coworker has commented on it, and than showed my the Fluttershy wallpaper on their phone. 

i don't know wan i be came a brony but i have to say September or October i got lost in the pony world from reading My Little Dashie and i was like, if such a wonderful fan fiction came out of that, I was willing to give it a try. watch about 4 episode and well never stop 

I became a Brony 22 January 2013, 3 day's ago.

My friend was going on about how amazing the show was for a while now and I didn't believe him, so 3 day's ago I watched the show and I was instantly addicted to it.

Now i'm watching the show episode by episode and I absolutely love it!

Suppose I became a brony when someone labled me as such. Until then I was just a college student who really liked watching my little pony every week.

First episode I picked out derpy, and my friend insisted that nothing would ever come of it. Was months before I found that MLP was actually popular among ..... the internet .... and derpy was derpy. All the fannon, it was insane.

As to why I watched in the first place? Well I like Transformers, so when hasbro makes a new series, I'll at least watch the first episode.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, for me its quite a long story, and I will tell it. Here it goes:

So, I forgot when this started happening, but I saw a some people with ponies for their profile pic, I thought they were making fun of the show, and then just moved on with my life, soon there were a lot more, I was like "alright, this must be a pretty bad show if THIS MANY PEOPLE are making fun of it!" I didn't watch it then because I don't like wasting life on pointless things like watching bad shows that I think are for little girls. So I watch this person on youtube (I still watch him but I'm not going to put his youtube username because that might be considered advertising, don't yell at me if its not) and he did some Q&A video and someone asked if he was a brony, then he put on a rainbow dash hat and sarcastically responded "no". So I had no idea what a brony was, so when the video was over I googled "brony" and it turned out, those people with ponies on their profile actually LIKED the show, and I was like "WTF, REALLY :blink:" and I thought it was a little girls show still, but the person I watched on youtube (lets call him Phil) Phil was a brony, and he was really funny. So in like September or so, I got West Nile Virus (it sucked, had it for the whole month of September, it was not fun.) And one day my mom went to go get my siblings from school (and that usually takes anywhere from 40 min - 1 hour) and then I turned on Netflix to watch shows and stuff, and then I saw MLP:FiP, and I was like "what the heck, I won't lose anything from this, if I like it, I like it." and then I watched the first episode, and then I loved the show. It wasn't my favorite show (not just yet, thats a few months later) but I still loved it. And it went from I watched like 1 episode every few weeks to at least 3 every night, and here I am 6 months later, waiting for season 4.

And then I lived happily ever after

The End :P

I think it was half way in season one,  and it was bout Nov after i was watching

the G-One eps and found a link to FIM on the side.  So i watched it and

fell in love with the new MLP in a whole new way as older fan. 

I mean a girl liking MLP,  oh my!   But i don't label myself a brony

or filly or anything like that.  Im a fan who just likes the show

and the coolness fandom!

well technically im a pegasister but since you asked, My brother became a brony when he watched one episode just to see why so many people loved it but he couldn't stop watching so he told me about it so i watched an episode and got hooked!

Well I recall hearing about My Little Pony back sometime in September, a couple of weeks before Season 2. I was like "This sounds so stupid." and after a day I thought "What's all the fuss about? Well, I'll just check it out..." Next I knew I was on my iPod watching My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic for HOURS. I completed watching Season 1 by September 7th and I then waited for Season 2 along with all the other bronies. But before this, I got a Fluttershy toy.

I was, however, confused. It seemed I had already knew who this Fluttershy pony was. I'd seen her somewhere before. Then I remembered, back a few months before in 2011 when they released the MLP FiM happy meal toys! :o So I already had a Fluttershy! I quickly checked my penny box collection, where I hoard all my special stuff+my pennies. There she was, comb and all. Since I had 2 Fluttershy's now I was pretty happy.

Then Season 2 comes along. I watch it along with everyone else, commenting on YouTube and all this stuff. Then, finally the finale! I LOVED IT! By the finale I had a Rainbow Dash toy, a Princess Celestia, a Rarity from McDonald's, and a little Twilight Sparkle figurine.

I've been a happy member of the brony community, and I'll never leave it. Every time I watch an episode, I think of that one Fluttershy toy that started it all. If it wasn't for me going to McDonald's that day, I would never have become a brony.

After all this, my favorite pony is Twilight Sparkle. I find she is smart and likes to read, like me, but has trouble with social life.

These past years have been the best years of my life. Thanks, everyone.

i became a brony around june/july 2012 i saw my friends profile picture and i asked him what it was and he said it was a brony and i said okay so i searched it on youtube and came across the video Rainbow Dash your Gonna go far video.

after watching this a whole bunch of times i decided to watch an episode and i liked it and so i watched all of them

STORYTIME WITH STARFLOWER.

Once upon a time, there was a 20-year-old college student who felt lonely in the big city of San Diego. She lived with her sister at the time, but most of the time she did feel alone. She had nothing to do rather than play Pokemon, keep her apartment clean, and watch boring television shows. She had a hard time adjusting herself to the city, as it was large and easy to get lost in. However, the worst case scenario, she was really shy and always isolated towards people.

In June of 2011, three months after meeting her (now) best friend online, the My Little Pony craze hits a Pokemon forum she frequented all the time. She became confused, awkward, she didn't want to go near the people who had pony avatars and signatures. She felt isolated once more. All she wanted to do was to play and talk about Pokemon, as she had Oshawott as her avatar and signature, and refused to take it down. Shortly thereafter, she noticed that her sister bought her nice a G3 Cheerilee plush doll (still has it today). She kept disregarding it, until one night, her best friend finally told her that he watched MLP.

For days, he begged her to watch the first episode. But she refused. She thought it was stupid, absurd, she would be embarassed in front of her sister, and her family in general. Watching a little girls' cartoon at 20 years old? Her mother wouldn't approve at all. Each day, many of her online friends from that Pokemon forum were converted to bronies/pegasisters. Until three weeks of holding on, she finally surrendered. Curiosity FINALLY got to her.

"Hey, can you link me to the first episode?" was the IM she sent to an online friend on msn that one fateful morning. Gladly she did, and immediately, she took twenty-one minutes to watch the first episode of the first season. It felt intriguing for her. She couldn't pause and set her laptop aside to continue on her homework. As the episode finally ended, her reaction was "I should watch the second episode just to see what happens next."

She watched the second episode, then watched the third during break time at school...where she finally realized she was slowly converting to a brony/pegasister herself. She stayed up until 1-2 am watching ponies. Almost 1-2 episodes each, alongside watching random pony videos on youtube, as well as looking for images on tumblr and other sites. Everything changed for her. She felt extremely happy, confident, she became the most talkative in all of her classes, she felt comfortable meeting new friends. She was finally able to join the MLP social group, finally took down the Oshawott post theme and replaced it with a Twilight Sparkle theme (that was her favorite pony at the time before Rarity), and as the days go by, she got deeper into the fandom. Even though she took a break from time to time, she still appreciates the fact that friendship is always magic.

If she hadn't known about ponies, she would still be the person she was before.

The end!

tl;dr: best friend got into ponies, online friend linked me to first episode, "holy crap I love this show". I was miserable and a pessimist back then and now I think ponies are awesome. :P

• Brohoof 2