• July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

(edited)

Well my friends decided to become a brony so when I was playing tf2 and I was in a server with my friend and other bronies and I was like ' I'll give bronyism a go :D'

Edited by TwiliciousAlkoi

It was a dark and stormy night. I have nothing else to do, so I asked my Friend what show I should watch. He said he wanted me to do a review that everyone will go crazy for.

My little pony:friendship is magic.

I accepted and watched it on Netflix. I was hooked and my friend made me a Brony.

I watches this show none of you people will know. It is called...My Little Pony. Let's say 4chan was going all crazy and on this forum everyone was like 'OMG S2 MLP'. I watched all episodes (Until S2 episode 2, that was the last one) so I decided to become a pegasister.

Then I realized there are no girls on the internet.

:o

I chose to become a brony because, since I am very fond of good animation and cartoons. I decided to watch an episode, and I was set for life. Then, I started to do some research on the fandom and community with their creations of art,music,poetry,fanfictions, and video game creations. So I decided why not, bring the self-proclaimed Best in the World © to meet new friends.

new_wwe_wallpaper_cm_punk_by_aw_edition_

• Brohoof 2

I watched the Fine bros episode "Teens react to My Little Pony" and i don''t know why but i just wanted to see what the show was like afterwards. I watched the first 3 episodes on Youtube and then Piratebay'd the whole first and second season.

You don't choose to become a Brony.  The Brony life chooses you.  Those who have not received the call soon will or are unworthy to become part of an organization such as this.

• Brohoof 1

I don't believe I ever had a choice in the matter. I checked out the show, out of interest and curiousity, and I fell in love with it.
Nothing spectacular, and there was never any deciding as to whether or not I enjoyed it. I just did.

The pay-off has been huge however.

1. Be browsing various internet sites

2. Come across people talking about ponies

3. Judge 'em

4. Take back judgements

5. Watch first episode of show

6. ???

7. Profit

I had a friend on another Internet forum who kept referencing the show. I kept hearing that it was actually really good and that guys around my age were into it. I am a girl but I appreciate a good cartoon. So when I found a free moment (or, rather, when I was supposed to be doing creative writing homework about dark and disastrous things) I found myself watching the first episode of MLP. I really liked it.

It took me the rest of the semester and the summer to get through season 1, but by the time I was done with that, I was watching the first 2 episodes of season 2 right when they came out. I think by that point, when I was all caught up with the show, I was officially hooked. I mean, I had loved it the whole time, but I didn't become invested in the community until I got caught up with the show.

I do not belive that one "chooses" to become a brony. It is not something you choose it chooses you! Its not something you can run from. For me it was my dad he made fun of the show and I thought hey I wanna watch it! And I was sducked in...

I chose to become a Brony for a few reasons....

The First is that the show was/is just simply amazing. It has excellent animation,characters,voice actors and ideals that I continue to adore to this day.

The second, is the art,music and Fan Fiction that this wonderful community puts out, keeping the community alive with fresh ideas and works, which i believe will sustain the fandom long after the show ends.

The third, because you meet some great people within the fandom, fun loving, enthusiastic people that make awesome friends.

Aaaanyways... Thats why I chose to become a Brony, to take my part in such an epic fandom ^_^

Strange as it is the show hook me after watching some episodes and then I found myself watching listening and reading all the creations of the bronies in the fandom. All that stuff push me to do something I left behind some years ago and began writing once more, thinking of the possibilities the world of Equestria has and how far and wide imagination can go into it.

Then the friendly doods and doodets here, the great fun RP got for me and some amazing partners in that have make the time around so good that I can say I enjoy a lot to be a Brony. 

"I didn't choose the thug brony life, the thug brony life chose me" - Tupac Shakur Cota

It was just one of those things that just kinda happened. I came across an episode while channel surfing, decided to try it out and got hooked; I started searching for songs and pmv's and everything in the fandom. It was very spur of the moment to be honest. 

(edited)

In all honesty (and I really hate to ask this) but what kind of question is this?

I chose to become a brony because I wanted to be a part of a community that I could comfortably talk about ponies and generally be myself

While I'm not doing much of the pony talk however, I HAVE been able to be my own adorable self, which is nice :3

Edited by ~Wuvable Woona~
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I kept seeing these ponies pop up everywhere on the internet and I got intrigued. As I normally do when I want to find out about something, I looked it up on Wikipedia and read all about this 'Brony' following and got curious. I'm open-minded and everything, but I was intrigued. I wanted to see just what made all of these teenage boys and grown men fall in love with what would normally be viewed as nothing but a little girl's show. I mean, I had heard about My Little Pony, but being more of a tomboyish girl even when I was little, I never really had any interest in it. But once I saw a few pics of the main characters, I thought to myself, "Yeah, they look kinda cute."

And so one day when I was browsing through channels on my TV, I saw it. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Episode 9: Bridle Gossip was on. Luckily for me I had The Hub, and luckily for me no one was around, so I could safely turn it on and not get any strange reactions. The episode was about half over, but I was hooked after about two minutes in. And so a few days later I saw The Hub was going to play Episode 13: Fall Weather Friends and I tuned in. I saw what made this show appeal to so many different people. Stunning animation, great voice work, great music, multifaceted characters that were likable, familiar and nostalgic cartoon storylines, and a great sense of humor. I enjoyed a cartoon from start to finish for the first time since I could remember. And neither of these episodes were the best that the first season had to offer, but I was already sold. Later I went on YouTube, and started watching episodes. The rest as they say, is history.

Simply put, the show won me over. That is why I chose to be a Brony, now and forever. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube

I chose to become a brony because I wanted to be a part of a community that I could comfortably talk about ponies and geberally be myself

Geberally :3  I like that word very much so.

I agree with the majority though, that one of the greatest parts of being a Brony is out totally awesome community ^_^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Why did I "choose" to be a Brony?  Oh, if only it was that simple.  However, it's not.

34246423.jpg

I'm not sure what it means to be a Brony, or how one becomes one.  I try not to bother myself with that question, focusing instead on the colorful ponies.

Edited by TRIXIE Starswirl TRIXIE

weird story for me. I was looking up a song on youtube and my computer wouldn't let me play the music video on my computer so I went down and looked at the related videos below it, and guess what I saw the PMV to that song. So I watched the PMV and it looked cool. The PMV was based off the episode of Fall Weather Friends. I thought to myself that a guy that is significantly older then a little girl had to of made this. So I see that the name of the video and it said MLP PMV. So I got curious of what what was this all about. I looked it up and came across G2 of MLP. So I thought to myself what am I doing this is really stupid. But I get curious one more time and look up MLP again and found the right show. I started watching the first episode and thought it was really cheesy, but then 2 things happened Nightmare Moon and a cliffhanger. Nightmare moon looked pretty badass and I hated cliffhangers so I was compelled to watch the second episode. I watched it and I thought it was cheesy at the beginning then I saw the part with manticore found it really funny how fluttershy just walked up to him and calmed him down in a snap. Didn't like the steven magnet part first time I watched it. Hated giggle at the ghosties first time I watched it. I liked the part with the shadowbolts. Then the Nightmare Moon fight was pretty good. Then I just had enough interest in the show left in me to give one more shot I watched episode 3 seeing the whole episode I thought it to be hilarious that it was a cliched episode the running scene where Twilight was being chased by everyone ponyville for the ticket. Also the whole I don't have enough tickets for everyone of my friends to go with me scenario. That got me hooked on the show and I joined right after season 2 was over so I thought it was cancelled, also after I watched both season I thought I was the only guy that liked the show, but then I searched up anything on MLP FIM that's how I found Bronies and that's how I became a brony.

Well, after the usual "my friend talked me into it" I watched the first 3 episodes. All I remember was screaming "BEGIN THE TRANSFORMATION" I think I might have been struck with lightning...long story short I became a brony, and I also now have wings :P