• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I became a bronie February of this year and right now it's April soooo pretty recently. I became a bronie because I was explaining rare gems to my sister and told her that value depended on the rarity of the gem. She then fell to the ground laughing her head off, when I asked her what she was laughing about and she told me that rarity was one of the mane characters and she used gems in the majority of her dresses. a week later I decided to check it out just so that I could try and figure out what was so funny (I still haven't) but I have figured out why people become bronies B)

It was just this last year actually, during one normal afternoon on a normal usual Saturday..ahh, I can just remember the warm fall air and nice company I had like all weekends- except they were ponies this time.

TBH I first became interested in MLP at the beginning of last year, was really late at night didn't know what to do then i saw a guy on my TF2 server named 'Rainbow dash' and I was like WTH is that? did some googling and it came up with MLP, I didn't start watching the T.V show until a little over 2 weeks ago, when I was fluffing around with some friends, they were like WTF and I actually liked it, so now I'm officially a brony and have MLP wallpapers on all my devices, and I have met some bronies online (one which I regularly talk to everyday) and I really love the community! Anyway back on topic I officially called myself a brony a little over a week or two ago :D

I became a brony around last year (I know I have to catch up on many episodes) thanks to a friend of mine that dragged me into it (and I'm glad ^-^) also when I kept going to Hot Topic (typically to buy Adventure Time merch and some punk stuff) I kept seeing MLP stuff and got more interest... then when I saw MORE interesting stuff online I kept getting more into it and so on XD like for example now my facebook is all ponified with PonyHoof XD it's sho cute though ^-^ and if you don't have PonyHoof REALLY TRY IT OUT it's so cool idk

post-26202-0-47791500-1397959096_thumb.png

My story is very interesting... well, my little sister began watching the show sometime in 2012 or so (I believe...) and she was in love with it. So I watched some episodes, thinking "pfff, this show is just a little girls show..." but I actually think the first place I saw it was on accident, by stumbling across the MLP Wiki page... and I searched all over it one day. I was in love with it, although I was trying to tell myself that I shouldn't like this as I (at the time) was only like 12... maybe 13. But I was absolutely in love with these ponies! Sorry that I kinda rambled in this paragraph, but I'm writing this as I remember... so I think I actually was the one who saw MLP on Netflix and got my sis to watch it. Maybe... I can't really remember. XD

But anyways, my BFF's sis got into it as well, and she watched some episodes just like me... and she made fun of the show (you'd just have to know her...) I made fun of it too, although I never would admit that I was a fan of it... but then I learned about Bronies, and thought "you've GOT to be kidding me!" But... this past month or so, I finally have come to terms with myself. I've been hiding this fact for so long, and there was no way I could deny being a Pegasister. So, here I am today! :) No one really knows (my parents know I like it, but not as much as I truly do... like I kinda told my dad I was a Pegasister, and my mom knows I like Doctor Whooves because I'm a Whovian)... I told my BFF (who is the only one who knows just how much I like it) and she was shocked, although she accepted my decision. Although she did tell me something like "I'm kinda worried about you... you do know it's a show for little girls, right?" -_- *sigh* It's just... :/

Anyways, I'm just glad I have places such as this wonderful community to talk about this wonderful show. :D Thanks for reading my crazy twisted story... which is still developing to this day. XD

I joined the brony community in December when I decided to give the show a go and see why everyone liked it, so I watched the first episode, and liked it. So I watched the next, and the next and so on.

I watched my first episodes in August of 2011 after seeing some of my favorite DeviantArt pages adding pony stuff, as a cartoon fan I watched it in search of the next great animated show. At that time I didn't have the time to stop and think about the show and wasn't entirely impressed by it until December.

In my boredom during Christmas vacation that year, I started reading the MLP Wiki and watching compilation videos. I loved a lot of the episode concepts and got hooked on this show as soon as I found out I could watch all the episodes on YouTube. By January, I was fully immersed in the show and the fandom and had watched every episode.

My friend was obsessed with the show or atleast I thought. So I decided to check it out when I bored over spring break and basically I finished the first 2 seasons in a day oh and also it turns out my friend was joking. Also it was march 28 2014 I decided I was officially a brony.

• Brohoof 1

I first heard of the show in Early 2011, as one of my friends on Youtube (who has now quit) had said he joined the My Little Pony community. I didn't think much of it, as my mind was set to:

25% - Gaming

25% - Trains

25% - Computers

25% - Nicktoons

Then, in July, I first heard the term "brony" from some guy on the ROBLOX Forums. I was like "wtf does dat mean?" and it was later explained what it meant. So, I wanted to try the show, but I was too embarrassed to watch it with my parents and, at that time, my grandmother in the room. Then, later I went to my grandfather's house that same summer (they got divorced :P) and my aunt, who is oddly enough, 8 years old currently and 5 years old at the time, wanted to watch it. I said "why not?" The episode was Swarm of the Century. I didn't think much of it, as the episode was quite cheesy for me.

Then I went back to my hometown and in September, I saw my best friend on ROBLOX wearing a Rainbow Dash shirt and soon enough, he sent a link to the first episode. I figured, "why not?" once again, and I immediately began my obsession.

Although, for the first 1 or 2 weeks, I barely watched any more episodes, as I was too scared my parents would see me but after that time period, I fully admitted it to my mother.

So, yeah. It's a complex history :P

I will speak in detail. In October 2013 I attended my hometown convention called realmscon which is a anime and gaming convention but also has many other events, late that evening I attended a event called video game concert for attractive people. I sat there along with many people and we watch game plays of classic video games and current games. But there was also video clips from shows. We'll one of them was My Little Pony. I thought to myself "oh great a girls show" I sat there watching it and I was like "wait, this isn't girly, yet it's my little pony. Then there was a scene with nightmare moon and my reaction was "oh cool a evil black unicorn with wings!"

Two months later entering December and I decided to create my own comic art, but I needed hints or examples of character design for I decided to start off fresh. One days saw a commercial showing hasbro toy products my little pony equestria girls, what brought my attention was the reddish-pinkish hair girl, I didn't know her name at that time but she look like a cute character. I ignored it for unknown reason and kept looking. One. Night a week later I decided to look up that equestria girls and there was a movie of it. I watched it, laugh at the allusions and funny moments. After watching it the weekend I got netflix and I wanted to see if they have the show. Turns out they do and I began watching my little pony starting with season 1 episode 1 and I was in joy seeing the same black unicorn with wings which I now learned her name was nightmare moon/princess luna. I continued watching the episodes. Till around the episode with rainbow dash reading daring do for first time I realize I enjoy the series. I like it a lot.

I missed season 4 premiere so the first episode from season 4 was pinkie apple pie that I began watching the series every Saturday morning. Then I watched first episode of season 4 till pinkie apple pie.

Though I have no idea when I classified myself as a brony. Lost track of time.

I became a brony after I saw brony style by rucka rucka Ali and got interested. Then I saw the video Ponies r srs business by catie Wayne and that's when I gave the show a chance after 2 episodes became 10 and 10 became 20 I finally admitted to myself that is was a brony

I knew ponies for the first time in 2012, but I was not interested at all. But then I got to know a little bit at the beginning of 2014 the world of ponies in Yukicon in Finland and I fell in love completely. ^o^

Back in the days when Telltale Games actually made games I liked, there was a thread one of the mods made on the forums on April Fools about how Telltale are making a My Little Pony game based on the lastest series. After a while of reading that thread, I decided to check it out myself from the first episode. After seeing that, I had to see what happened next and I just kept watching.

Hello I'm new in the poniverse and relitively new to the pony fandom?My fandom started last summer when I went to a religious camp(aldersgate) and there I met my first brony friend.I already had one friend intrested in it but after I had two I thought I'd watch to see what it was like.I started watching when I returned home and the fandom started there.Now I know how I came into this fandom but I'm wonder how some of you stumbled upon it and why you have a interest in it?

Me? Uhm well I was constantly hearing about it on a few forums(namely Sega's forum) and thought I should go on and give it a look. So one day I changed to the hub network channel and lo and behold MLP was on. It was "Applebuck Season." Didn't leave much of an impact on me, but nonetheless I decided to give the show another look. I watched "Green is not your color" and "Over a barrel" and thought they were pretty good. In fact I'd say "Green is not your color" got me to pay more attention to the show. And then I saw "Sonic Rainboom." It made me think I kind of loved the show. But it wasn't until the season 2 premier 2 parters that I became hooked.

I have an interest in it because well I love the show(despite having a few fallouts with it every now and then) and the fandoms pretty nice sometimes. Even like a family too.