• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

i just became interested in mlp in December 2013 when i saw mods for games with mlp in , then on march 23rd 2014 at 2:00 am  i was watching markaplier and i saw his my little foundation video's and i became even more interested in mlp , then i thought  "might as well try my little pony and not just go by stereotypes i have heard" from the first episode i loved it and ended up watching 6 episodes then i thought to myself "i am a brony"

(edited)

Just this past month after babysitting for a neighbor. The girl was watching MLP:FiM and (at the time) I hated the show but some how I ended up watching it with her. That night I watched a few more episodes, looked up a few things and soon called myself a brony.

Edited by Camouflage

(edited)

I joined the herd sometime around late April, Id known about the show already and was confused that people could like it soo much so. I decided to watch a few episodes to find out why people liked it soo much... Then I watched a few more... Then Drew some ponies then I watched some more, then I watched dr whooves and assistant... Then I watched. John de lancie, then I went under my blanket during the weekends, and watched some more... And more...

Edited by EquineSpector

(edited)

January 2014, before my brother returned to Chicago to finish his last semester, i asked for his netflix account and he gave it to me. I started scouting for shows and movies when I saw MLP:FiM and it's already 3 seasons. Then I remembered one of my high school friend who changed school after the junior year who kept posting ponies for 1-3 years. I know he's a straight man, but he posting ponies often makes me winder what's the good of this show. 

I marked MLP as my list, then watched several S1 episodes up to episode 3/4. I thought it was great, but then I didn't watched it for a week or two. But then, in that week, I somehow can't shove them out of my mind. So I continue watching it, till I reached Dragonshy, where the show hooked me. I continued till I reached FPK, I went further. SR, PoO, BNE makes me love it.

As i finished season 1, I realized, I love this show. I went "Oh crap" moment where I wonder  "Why the hell I can like this show?! It's ponies and it's girly." That's what I thought. I did a small research then found the community. Loved them.

Then I started season 2. Then finished it in a week, then Season 3. I thought that's all, but then I searched season 4 and found them. It was when Simple Ways just aired when I started watching season 4. I catched up and managed to be just in time for Twilight Time to air. 

To OP: Add 2014 for the year please

Edited by TheShyPony
  • Brohoof 1

I think it was April maybe march last year, I said to my friend I was a Brony even thought I did not know what it was and when I found out I felt bad for lying to her and watched it because I wanted to know stuff Incase she asked stuff on my fav things like that, so I watched it and I loved it

I joined the herd April of this year. My friend and I was playing xbox and he told me about it. He said he'd give me $20 if I could watch the first 2 episodes without getting sucked in. I never got the $20.

I think I answered this before but that has changed.

After a handful of experiences with the local brony community I stopped identifying as a brony, heck I stopped interacting with MLP:FIM all together. Slowly on my own I started to creep back and watch the show. 

At the beginning of May I finally started identifying myself truly as a brony, as not only did I devour seasons 2,3 and 4 since May 1st, but I've searched for fanart, bought merchandise, started playing the ccg and of course starting to plan out and write a fanfic.

I've just made a vow to not interact with local bronies anymore. 

So I may have joined the herd a while ago but I only really started to run with the herd in the last few weeks.

I don't remember really when, but I think it was after season 2 was done/close to done. I think how is I saw a lot of people on YouTube or something liking MLP, so I was saw it.

I first got into ponies in 2003-5 or so, but mostly stopped once I got "too old". My first pony was a cute, sparkly Daisy Jo from Mcdonalds, then I was hooked (Ponies > Barbies any day :lol: ). My baby cousin got me back in the game when she showed me an episode of FiM and I liked it a lot!

Ponies 4 lyfe :yay:

Old boy probably thinks that liking MLP is a fad, and that the cool kids have moved on by now.

But that's not true! We love MLP not because it's "cool" to, but because it's great!

AGREED. AND THE PEOPLE THINK WE ARE PEDOPHILES ><. 

I got into Mlp sometime in 2012, I watched the first episode via Youtube commentary, I loved the show. i watched the rest of the episodes. I was into Pokemon at the time so yeah, Tho. at first i thought it would be a HORRIBLE. show, but it wasent. It was ACTUALLY Pretty decent for a children's show towards 10-5 year olds, The thought of grown men watching the Show scared me a bit tho. But i got used to it. Because everyone can like what they Want,

(edited)

I remember first hearing about bronies in 2012. I thought it was weird (and I found the very word "brony" to be hilarious), but I thought it was just an Internet fad that would pass, much like the "sparkledog" fad that was flooding dA around the same time. Later on in the year I got heavy into creepypastas, and I watched a narrated version of the MLP pasta known as "The Cough". While the story itself didn't impress me, I kind of dug the way the characters looked and were voice acted. I was only lightly intrigued, though, and didn't think much else of it at the time.

Throughout the new year I kept hearing more and more of the fandom (usually in the form of pony memes online), and in late March '13, the urge to see what these "bronies" were all about was getting unbearable. The last week of March was when I finally caved and took a look at the first few episodes on Netflix. After watching Applebuck Season - say it with me, now - "I was hooked."

It took another week or so for the reality of it all to sink in, and I finally joined these forums on April 8. Ever since then, I've been descending into madness hunting down all the (high-end) pony merch I can get my hands on.

Edited by The Thrashy One
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well before I joined this forums, I was in another forums (which it happened to be hamtaro community forums where I came from and died), I was looking at the show's fan club and then when I  take a quick look at the show via youtube video, I was like ok, maybe the show wasn't that bad. I thought to myself that The show was for girls and most of the fans proved me wrong on that because Not only the show was for girls, but also for boys as well. I started watching the show like about 2 days before secret of my excess episode which is like around december 8, 2011.

so I confessed, made it official, and said that I'm a brony at April 22, 2012 and i didn't admit that I've gotten into the show. It's most likely the fans and community that got me into the show, but mostly it's from that forums I came from so I'm 100% sure that I'm a brony at december 8, 2011 and yeah I loved everything about the show, found it good and made me learn the magic of friendship.

Edited by KirbyFluttershy

I remember first hearing about bronies in 2012. I thought it was weird (and I found the very word "brony" to be hilarious), but I thought it was just an Internet fad that would pass, much like the "sparkledog" fad that was flooding dA around the same time. Later on in the year I got heavy into creepypastas, and I watched a narrated version of the MLP pasta known as "The Cough". While the story itself didn't impress me, I kind of dug the way the characters looked and were voice acted. I was only lightly intrigued, though, and didn't think much else of it at the time.

Throughout the new year I kept hearing more and more of the fandom (usually in the form of pony memes online), and in late March '13, the urge to see what these "bronies" were all about was getting unbearable. The last week of March was when I finally caved and took a look at the first few episodes on Netflix. After watching Applebuck Season - say it with me, now - "I was hooked."

It took another week or so for the reality of it all to sink in, and I finally joined these forums on April 8. Ever since then, I've been descending into madness hunting down all the (high-end) pony merch I can get my hands on.

What a great story! A lot like my own tale.

I became a pony membership when I know My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic since first at 2010. Again after I got back from Vietnam since July 2013 then I know My Little Pony.

I add with American and United Airlines as an advertisement.

I remember having a Gen3(?) Scootaloo toy a few years ago from a blind bag which started me off I guess. Before Christmas 2012 my job description changed and I was put in charge of the store I used to work for's tablet/e-reader display. I found a FIM episode on the youtube app under a recommendations tab and just started watching. II ended up immersing myself into MLP when I returned to uni this year because of an acquaintance . :yay:

(edited)

Well I got into ponies because of... Equestria Girls... Don't judge me! I was just watching YT videos until I saw the Cafeteria song and I watched it just to see what is was, and I listened to it, it was actually really catchy! Next thing I knew, I was watching the movie, I wasn't comfortable seeing ponies in it, and it got better and better, the storyline wasn't perfect and I think it had many flaws, but I still love EG, and then I watched the first episode and season of MLP and I got over the "seeing-ponies problem", and then I got hooked to it. Worst way to start being a brony eh? BUT I STILL LOVE THE SHOW SO I DON'T REALLY GIVE A DOLLAR ABOUT EG (but I owe my gratitude to it because that's how it turned me to a Brony)

Edited by Nemesis Atlas
  • Brohoof 1

As stated in my welcome thread. My friend showed me the pony.mov series on YouTube, I found it to be hilarious, following that out of sheer curiosity I watched FIM. Made it through the first couple episodes, loved the flash animation, characters, and simple storyline. Did some research and random YouTube viewings of other MLP FIM related videos, such as my personal favorites, literal music videos, while continuing the series. After finishing season 4 and Equestria Girls I started making OCs and getting even more enveloped in the fandom, and now here I am Brony and Proud.

And as for when...Only a couple months ago.

When I was a kid, I watched G1 with my cousin all of the time. It is still one of my most treasured childhood memories. some years later, I was on the TV, which was still on the hub, the channel my little siblings left it on, and saw a new version of MLP on the screen, which was the premiere of Boast Busters, and even though it was for 8 year olds, I liked it and happily watched the previous episodes in the privacy of my room. From then on, I became more and more obsessed with it every day until I considered myself one of the few older fans in the world. Then I found out about the Bronies. After that, I just couldn't wait to find out if anyone else I knew was a Brony or Pegasister too. I basically went all Pinkie Pie on everyone, went on pony-related things only websites, wouldn't shut up about the show, and basically being a hyperactive fangirl. Since then, I've quieted down about it, let a few other fandoms in, and even helped some of my friends and family join the herd. I'm still considered the weird girl for it, but everyone who knows me has come to accept and even appreciate ponies. And that is how I joined the Herd.

(edited)

:muffins: How I Became a Pegasister :derp:

It all started when I became obsessed with creepypastas and jump scare games back in the latter half of 2012. I'd heard about the Luna Games and thought it was very clever and funny to turn cute ponies into a scream fest. Desperate to read some good creepypastas, I heard about a pasta called Cupcakes. I had no idea it was going to be pony related.

I watched a guy do a let's play of a mlpfim computer game and thought it was sooo weird that a grown man was into this kind of thing. Then I heard about the bronies and thought, "Well, that's kind of cool I guess. I have nothing against them, but My Little Pony is not for me!"

However, my curiosity grew. In March of 2013, I decided to watch the very first episode (I felt weird and uncomfortable at the idea of it, though). I finished watching the first season within a week and...I LIKED it! And Pinkie Pie was best pony at the time even though I read Cupcakes before watching the show (current best ponies are Twilight and Fluttershy).

Then I watched the 2nd and 3rd seasons. Oh my gosh, when I saw the season 3 finale, I almost cried. I was so happy that Twilight got to obtain something great after learning about love and friendship and becoming the best pony she can be! Yeah, I was very shocked to find out that so many bronies hated alicorn Twilight. I was all like, "What the heck?"

So, yeah dude. That's how I came to love ponies.

Edited by Frosty Nerd
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I am actually a brony of a mere 2 months, and I have to admit I absolutely adore everything that has came with it (except for the NSFW stuff, but lets forget about that).  I kept hearing about the show and its growing popularity and watched "Applebuck Season" (Season 1 Episode 4) one Saturday morning on Hub and have been hooked since! Since I'm rather new to this I feel the need to expand my knowledge of the fanfics and cameos associated with the show and would be extremely grateful to anyone who would help with that :)

Also, how do I get past this rank of "Blank Flank"

Edited by Dretkal
  • Brohoof 2

I want to say it may have been earlier this yeah but that wasn't an option. so i picked what i thought the closest might be.

I must admit though that it doesn't take long to become and extreme mlp fan.  I already plan to start a YouTube channel for mlp parodies.  

When I was forced to leave an apartment I used to rent, I foresaw it won’t be fast and unlimited Internet for me anymore. I got a 2Tb hard drive and raided one of Russian torrent trackers, trying to get as many movies as I can. After leaving that rent apartment I got into very distressing situation: I had no money, no work (since my job’s depended on Internet), no normal Internet, and was forced to live in my small summer cottage, when it was early spring and the temperature indoor was about 40°F. I was always optimistic and accustomed to problems, but all this was too bad even for me.

I had nothing to do and I just unpacked my home cinema and started to watch movies I’d collected earlier. I wrapped up in my blanked, grabbed some beers and started to watch anything. I watched Simpsons, Family Guy and other similar stuff. It was funny but kinda boring. And then I found the first season of MLP on my hard drive. I thought it’ll be boring too, but I like cartoons and started to watch. After first episode I wanted to watch second, after second- third, and so on. After 5 episodes or so I went out of the doors. It was full-moon and watching on its surface I really found there face of a pony. For first I reckoned it was only because I got drunk on beer. But next night, when I was sober, I saw it again. :)

Next day I went up to our local mall, where is free wi-fi, and started to google about ponies and found so much amazing things: fan art, fanfics, animations, plenty of creative people who do all this stuff. I watched that documentary about BronyCon and got desire for gettin’ there. I’ve discovered a lot of wonderful things, but what’s better- I’ve found this forum with so friendly atmosphere (unlike most of Russian forums) and so many nice bronies. And then everything got as clear as crystal pony: I understood I mustn’t be a loser anymore. I have to work diligent to earn some money, to learn and get education, I have to live for y’all and for all ponykind! And though I’m not popular here yet, looking at you I get myself motivated and believe that someday I’ll meet somepony whom I call a true friend. I love this forum and y’all, folks. :)

I will always be thankful to all creators of MLP, and personally to Lauren Faust, who made this wonderful show that spilled over into this fandom, filled my life with purpose, and put the dream in my reality.

• Brohoof 1