• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I joined 2012 halfway through Season 2 I was on some sonic forum which has a livestream on the front page. The owner of the site streamed the episode as a joke halfway through a south park stream. I enjoyed it. So I watched episodes through YouTube. and yeah here I am today.

I became a brony in march I believe, I was against bronies but being open minded I thought I should at least watch the pilot to say I've watched it and don't just hate for an excuse to hate 5 seconds into the pilot and I was a brony and regretted being a hater. : (

Some time in early February of 2012 I overheard a friend watching it while we played some online game. The specific quote that caught my attention was "This is where they make the rainbows!"-Rainbow Dash.

After that I stayed up til about 5 o-clock on a school night and marathon-ed about half of the first season.

I became a brony in the beginning of May in 2014. There is no option in the poll for 2014 so I'll just choose 2013. During this month, I watched all episodes from Season 1 to Season 4, and I watched Equestria Girls.

(edited)

If liking Mlp and then not liking it still counts then I'd say August 15 2013 is when I first became a brony only watching CMC episodes and having nothing to do with the fandom, it was just an averagely good show on the Hub and so that was the start of liking the show, I really don't think I'd make fun of the CMC episodes after that. However I joined the herd when I hated bronies alot for trolling Hub so I trolled them but since I got Silver Belle the pony after seeing it on a commercial when eating me after school snack (watching Spongebob on Nick) then I ended up joining the fandom.

Edited by PokeBolter

Sometime late 2012 I think.  My brother got a free convention bag from a tee shirt site with a pic of a steampunk Rainbow Dash.  It sparked my curiosity, finally checked to show out and fell in love.  Always loved things cute and silly, it was a perfect fit.

I've already answered this thread but I'll do it again. Today is a very special day to me because a year ago today I watched my first episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

So on May 31st, 2013 I went to the oral surgeon to get my wisdom teeth taken out. Let's just say it hurt like crap afterwards. All I could do for the next few days was lie on the couch. 

My sister, 8-years old at the time, was completely in love with this show. Since she was done with school already my mom let her stay home with me. The next day while I was on the couch my sister turned on the TV, went to the YouTube app, and started up an episode. (Remember back in the day when all the episodes were on YouTube?) 

I had realized earlier, somehow, that the show wasn't girly. (Still don't really know how. Destiny?) So I wasn't entirely against the idea of watching an episode. My sister kept watching episode after episode that day, then I realized that I was looking forward to watching more and more. Although I didn't want to admit it, by the 10th episode I was hooked.

She then asked my what episodes I wanted to watch. She named some for me, and I would pick one. This went on for about 2 or 3 days.

Even though I was hooked onto the show, I told myself that I would never watch an episode by myself. Well, about a week later I watched Hearts and Hooves Day, on my iPod by myself.

I admited to my Broniness around June 15 after I found myself looking up pictures of Derpy Hooves and Rainbow Dash on my iPod. I still think that becoming a Brony will always be a point in time that I'll remember.

I don't remember the exact month, but whenever it was, they were around the middle of season three. I had saw a little of an episode around 2010, and a friend of mine hinted to me that he watched it, and then around 2012 or so, I looked it up on YouTube, and spent all weekend catching up, and now I'm behind again. : l

Ok heres my story of when I first became a brony...

So 1day I saw my bro watching some sshow called MLP FiM, and I told his that was a dumb show and that he was weird for watching a girls show and I thought that was lame.

Then a few weeks later my bro got my little sister involved with the show and she thought it was cool, and yet I didnt like whole pony and friendship part about the show they were watching, still I thought it was lame.

Then a few months later he showed me this vid on YouTube called "Smile" on MLP and it showed a pink pony named PinkiePie and the other ponies from the show having a picnic near a tree,then as pinkiepie ran towards then out of no where she started to beat up the ponies badly and then she went super on them and demolished the place,then I was laughing really hard cuz I thought that was hilarious that it was a girls show and there was violence and gore everywhere.

Later on that month I talked to my cousin and we said that my bro had problem with watching that show, then we talked to him and said that why does he watch that show and he said he was a brony and was weird for watching it.

Then about a month or two, out of the blue, I just had this random idea of thinking about the show, so I then asked him about the show and he told me about what the show was about and about the fandom on the Internet and such, so then when I got home, I started to watch the first 2 episodes of FiM and guess what I was hooked.

Well I started to watch the show on Netflix then I went on Google and found the community and I joined.

Though I didn't consider myself an actual brony cuz I thought I just didn't fell right to be called that.

Then finally 1day, I decided to consider myself a brony and let me tell u I felt awesome.

Now I watch the show, im in the fandom,play the CCG,have merchandise (plush, dog tags,etc), listen/watch vids on YouTube ^_^

Im a brony and I feel awesome!

Thx for readying my bio on my journey, and now I dont care what people say about guys liking MLP, brony for life woohooo

• Brohoof 1

I had to take a speech class as one of my community college transfer requirements. For the last speech, we each had to try something different and unique. I heroically wanted to expend as little effort as possible, but I was really at a loss for what to do. All of my professors suggestions were super nerdy things that I had already done, like World of Warcraft and DnD. I had heard of bronies before, so I decided that It would be funny to watch the first season to see what all the fuss was about, because watching tv as research seemed like a dream come true. So I watched the first season. Then I watched all the seasons. Then I read all the comics. I just got sucked right into it.

The speech itself was awful. Here is an excerpt, "...and uh...*mumble*....characters uh...good show". But whatever, I passed the class with a b, which is better than I expected.

I was a bronie when I watched equestria girls in march. Was a very good movie I tell you what B) . Then I watched mlp fim then I was hooked to it. BRONIES FOR LIFE. :ph34:

I ment : :ph34r::muffins: I really need work on my typinv. The great mlp fim shall live on :) I hope s5 is very badass thoe so we post more stuff

I believe I first dove into the show February 2013. It was sometime after season 3 ended. I had seen pony stuff before, not too much though. A couple of nerdy dudes on my Facebook posted a couple of pony Oc's, although that was during my freshman year and I'm going into my senior year this coming up school year so it was quite a while ago. That was the only pony related thing I had seen.

I was sitting at home bored and was scrolling through netflix trying to find a show to watch. I just so happened to see My Little Pony:FIM, which reminded me of those pony Oc's I saw the year prior. Of course I laughed at how lame and girly it looked to me, my sister used to watch Gen3 giving me a bad outlook on MLP in general. So I shrugged the show off, but i eventually came back to the show after a couple minutes.

Curiosity peaked, I let the controller sit over the show so it would play a little preview. It started with the first episode telling the story of Nightmare Moon. That's when I got even more curious. So I shut my door and turned the volume down so no one would hear me. I figured I had nothing better to do so I watched the Friendship Is Magic Part 1, of course I had to watch the second part too. Once I watched the first two episodes I just let it go to the next one. My mom walked in on me while I was watching it, she laughed at me an told my two younger brothers. Which they came not long after her and laughed at me.

I watched all three seasons of it and eventually talked my brothers into watching it as well. I showed them a couple episodes and it went pretty good with them. My brother Carson instantly liked it, but it took some time before my brother Jaydon admitted he liked it cause he was embarrassed about it. My parents joke about, but are totally cool with it, my mom even watched the season 4 finale with me and my brothers. My older sister jokes about it too, but I've gotten her to watch a couple episodes. She really only watches any episodes that have Gummy in it since I showed her Party of One earlier this year and she loved Gummy. :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

sometime either last year or late 2012 i was discussing with my friend about bronies, cos we'd both heard of them but were having the usual conversation that went "but why would you want to watch a TV show for little girls?" to which he responded "apparently it's really good, but i dunno."

so i got back to my flat and decided to look into it, started watching it, watched every episode that was out in a week and the next time i saw my friend it was like "yep. i totally get it. that show is AWESOME"

he was less than impressed XD

Edited by Clockwork Chaos

Well to be honest, I was kind of sceptical about this show, hearing that grown men liking a show that was pointed towards kids, however, I thought like a actual human being and thought to myself, "how come I'm hating something I never even watched?" So I decided to watch the first season in all of it's glory with an open mind and my honest felling. In the end, I actually kind of liked it, a lot. I was also looking at the creator of the show and I saw that Laura wanted the show to be a family show to enjoy. That means mother, daughter, SON, AND FATHER.

So basically, it was all because I really wanted to see what the show really offered and so far, I haven't been disappointed.

(edited)

I started watching the show out of lack of anything better to watch in like early June last year(2013). Then I found out about the bronies afterwards. Oh and by the way I questioned myself at first asking myself "Why am I watching this?" like a lot of others. I even told my little brother at one point that it was stupid and I wasn't going to watch it ever again but then the next day I got up shortly before it came on and then watched when it did show. Oh, one more thing I started watching it before Equestria Girls came out which was the first brand new MLP thing I ever watched.

Edited by Lightning Flash2

@@Mint Petal, add "2014" to your poll, please.

When I found out about Discord, I first read the wiki-page about him, and thought he was awesome.

A month or so later, I watched some "best of Discord"-Videos on youtube.

Then, a week or so later, I watched Return of Harmony 1&2.

Again, about a week later, I was a Brony.