Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What idea for a cartoon do you have?

TheMisterManGuy

If you were an animator, what Idea would you have for your own cartoon? I won't go into too much detail, but mine is about a post apocalyptic town with and an underground corporation who engineers monsters and bioweapons. One day, 6 kids find cybernetic keys that they use to pilot 6 animal themed mechs that can combine into a giant robot. When they aren't involved in Tokkatsu style robot battles, the kids create a sort of club to secretly protect their town this underground corporation, by dressing like 70s anime super heroes, solving mysteries, and sneaking around like Ninjas. 

Think of it as Teen Titans, meets Metal Gear Solid, meets Power Rangers, meets Friendship is magic, meets Scooby-Doo.  

Edited by TheMisterManGuy

As somebody who is striving to become a cartoonist one day, I'm developing new ideas and choosing what I should work on.

My most prominent of these ideas is your average school girl getting caught in very weird stuff, much to her disbelief. Some of the stuff she comes across includes mischievous ghosts and the anthropomorphic personification of a rainbow. This idea is still a little untidy, but I want for viewers to relate to the main character, since she is, well, average.

Edited by Odyssey

An average high school boy goes to a new high school, and on his first day there he meets a bunch of girls. They all fall in love with him for reasons unknown. Now having his own harem, his fellow male classmates are jealous of him and declare him as their rival. They challenge him to a duel, and he has no choice but the accept. However, he's rather weak so his overpowered female high school friends defend him. Using their ultra super powers, they defeat his rivals and then go on to fawn over the painfully-average main protagonist. Oh yeah, some of the teachers are evil as well. Also, it's not unknown for a tentacle monster to make it's way onto school grounds. 

This is so original! It's never been done before! I'm such a genius!  :yay:

I'm not going into detail but I want it to be a Disney movie, same style as Frozen, based on a book of a Disney prequel to the live action movies. I'm surprised they haven't done my idea since the popularity of those movies is quite big.

• 7 years later...

Ahem.

In a world where dinosaurs didn't go extinct and became the world's dominant species and are currently in the Roman ages, a little dinosaur (originally a Troodon, but after it was declared a bad genus I'm thinking of going with Gallimimus instead) wants to become one of the emperor's (an Anklyosaurus) most trusted advisors and guards. With the help of his love interest, the emperor's adopted daughter (a Ceratosaurus) and four female thugs (a tomboyish Pachycephalosaurus, a sensitive Spinosaurus, a mime Baryonyx and a silent, gruff but kind Tyrannosaurus), he conquers all sorts of challenges and even fights in some wars to protect the kingdom. Think The Good Dinosaur crossed with The Roman Holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an idea for an animated/live action sitcom based on a group of animators and writers. The first two acts of each 30 minute show would be based on this group producing a unique episode for a fictional animated series. Human characters would be paralleled by the animated characters they were trying to portray, and their resulting 7 minute cartoon which would comprise the third act of each episode would show, via these representational cartoon characters, the outcome of the problems they faced as humans. The human cast would be represented by different animation styles; a badly designed ‘boss’ who only cares about the bottom line and not the integrity of the art, the nerdy, hopeless romantic animator who portrays himself as an overly self-confident superhero, and the female lead, in anime style, as a writer upon whom the animator has a crush, who usually puts the ‘superhero’ humorously in his place with an unexpected screwball gag that suggests an interior wackiness she never shows as a human. Many side characters would fill out this sitcom, and each episode would finish with its plot fulfilled by a cartoon.

• Brohoof 1

My idea is about an alternative universe where strange things are the norm and nothing really makes sense. It stars a cop who has to deal with a series of bizzare crimes, that ultimately stem from a conspiracy of an intergalactic species known as the Roufmof. I obviously don't have the budget to make this into a cartoon, but I'm considering using this idea for a book at some stage.

• 4 months later...

Time for your monthly appearance from the quiet Detentionaire fan. :-P

Been playing a lot of Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled lately, and my mind's been on the Nitro Squad characters a lot. I'd like to create a cartoon about them. They come from different countries around the world...

• Tawna comes from Australia (implied)
  • Ami comes from America
  • Megumi comes from Japan
  • Liz comes from the UK
  • Isabella comes from Italy

Yet despite this, they're all incredibly close and will do anything for one another. This kinda inspired me to go "the Fraggle Rock approach" - I want a TV show about these girls that will help to bring about world peace. Aside from Fraggle Rock, this cartoon will also have elements of Amphibia and our own pony show. :mlp_wink: It'll teach morals about friendship and universal love while showing our girls going on great adventures, with wall-to-wall musical numbers and lots of humor.

I wanna make this into a serious deal. But no-one said making cartoons would be easy :-P

Animal Crossing series but really cute slice of life problems obviously clear correlations to the game but with this an ability to feature more than just 10 villagers as per island norm along side the notable NPCS... I imagine the kind of every day slice of life themes featured in stuff like My Little Pony Tales lol 

Like a villager possibly not having enough bells for rent, a misunderstanding between villagers that want the main character to take a side, Isabelle episode about everything it takes to do her job and some background about her even, all the villagers being scared of the wisp till they find out it's friendly and have to help it, a wholesome episode about Celeste and Blathers as siblings and him coming to be more sensitive of his sister and them bonding over astrology or something and him getting her interested in fossils or something, An episode about how rough Redds life actually is and he's pretending to have it all put together but he fakes artwork bc he's really struggling... An episode about Tortimer fearing retirement and him ultimately acting out of character to keep relevant. An episode where Katrina has a bad vision and everyone panics and wills it into reality by panicking. Getting lost at sea with Kap'n and ultimately feeling doomed(passing time with stories) but coming across Gulliver and his crew who save the day. An episode about one of the villagers being extremely proud of this scallop they find and continually turning down Pascal, but he ends up in the end giving her a whole trove of pearls and she ends up feeling really silly... The Able Sisters getting into a huge fight and Sable gets frustrated feeling under appreciated for doing all the sewing and everyone on the island freaks out thinking the tailors are going to close down, but the two ultimately realize that they are good at their specific roles and have a sisterly moment... Two or maybe more villagers discover a VERY rare fossil together and fight over who gets to keep it, but it ultimately gets turned into to Blathers collectively(this is the introduction of him in the show from my stand point) One of the villagers has cockroaches and has to stay with another villager temporarily and they drive each other crazy in plot A, plot B with cockroaches is one of the villagers has a house so dirty and cruddy but none of the other villagers want to tell them that's why they don't want to visit... Since many characters are aspiring "Pop Stars" a dispute between villagers between who gets to go on tour with K.K after winning an event, but ultimately cherishing the friendship more than the opportunity, Blathers winning Flicks bug competition despite being horrified of bugs, another about it taking all episode to catch a really rare fish but coming to the realization that they couldnt keep it and letting it go after being overly competitive and working so hard to get it, like how you always get "letters from mom" an episode where the main villager is talking about a letter and gift from mom only to find a villager never knew his mother and it ends bonding over shooting stars saying he has everything he could wish for already.. other corny ones like getting a crappy gift and not knowing how to say you hate it and crappy gifts from the same villager keep accumulating idk there's more...

I have a lot more ideas for this, like all that take place around the certain events in the game... 

I have a lot of ideas for cartoons tbh, this is just one that has individual structure and plots already thought out see the forum post " Game Adaptations you want to see as movies" idk what it's called exactly but it's essentially video games you want as movies and I explain loosely what I kind of want to do with the Rare universe ( Banjo Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Conker, characters/locations)

Edited by Spook Conundrum
  • Brohoof 1

I can't say I have had any ideas for a cartoon. However I have writen some comics.
The one I got the furtherst into was one called Rosy and the Shadow World.
It's about Rosy while on a vacation a star shaped space ship crashes. It is a Sci-Fi comic and she has a ship that looks like a Carrot.
There is a fair bit of details I can talk about. Perhaps I'll make a thread about it. Any in the ship she finds a Bunny like humanoid like herself.
He has a magical tool and it was ment that I were going to have 3 types of magic. Shadow, star, and moon? Like I don't think it's a bad idea just need to be fleshed out more.
So they kinda go on adventures and go to a different world and spooky stuff is happening in Nowhere... sorry wrong show.

• 2 weeks later...

Your bog standard magical school academy show. With the twist that the protagonist isn't some teen, but the twenty something mad scientist CEO of a tech firm, now ripped away from their cushy life on the bleeding edge of human achievement back into 19th century living conditions, learning the arcane alongside a bunch of chaotic teenagers. I wanna do this for two reasons:

1. I'm tired of the protagonist not being old enough to vote. Adults can be part of interesting stories too.
  2. High Guardian Spice was trash and I think I could do better. 
  • Brohoof 1

Fluttershy being drafted as a rookie quarterback in the NFL.  Octavia Melody being hired as the head coach of an average lousy team.  The original quarterback, Rainbow Dash, is injured to the leg, in comes Fluttershy.  Her skills as a leader, in addition to Octavia's coaching, turns the team's fortunes around, delivering them a winning record.  With Scootaloo as Fluttershy's reliable wide receiver, other female players are brought to the team, such as tight end (and somewhat quarterback) Trixie Lulamoon, Megan Williams, Lyra, Bon Bon and many others.  Being they not only respect Fluttershy's performances years back in college, but that they also fully believe in her.  The teamwork leads them all the way to the Super Bowl.  Though many tough obstacles and rough roads challenge their efforts to repeat and add more success beyond that.  

22 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Fluttershy being drafted as a rookie quarterback in the NFL.  Octavia Melody being hired as the head coach of an average lousy team.  The original quarterback, Rainbow Dash, is injured to the leg, in comes Fluttershy.  Her skills as a leader, in addition to Octavia's coaching, turns the team's fortunes around, delivering them a winning record.  With Scootaloo as Fluttershy's reliable wide receiver, other female players are brought to the team, such as tight end (and somewhat quarterback) Trixie Lulamoon, Megan Williams, Lyra, Bon Bon and many others.  Being they not only respect Fluttershy's performances years back in college, but that they also fully believe in her.  The teamwork leads them all the way to the Super Bowl.  Though many tough obstacles and rough roads challenge their efforts to repeat and add more success beyond that.  

Interesting concept but for me, but I like the idea of Scootaloo being an underdog backup QB that nobody believes in, it's more aligned with her heart and character, Octavia seems a little out of place to, maybe Megan would make a good head coach bc she always has the plans and where with all the ponies are missing, but I know she's a badass herself lol, I'm just trying to create them in a personified human world element, I could see Trixie as a WR or FS she's pretty cocky and competitive, but I'd probably look for pegasi like spitfire or lightning dust for these positions... Dk it's your story but yeah I can actually see a MLP fanfic about football there may be something there

5 minutes ago, Spook Conundrum said:

Interesting concept but for me, but I like the idea of Scootaloo being an underdog backup QB that nobody believes in, it's more aligned with her heart and character, Octavia seems a little out of place to, maybe Megan would make a good head coach bc she always has the plans and where with all the ponies are missing, but I know she's a badass herself lol, I'm just trying to create them in a personified human world element, I could see Trixie as a WR or FS she's pretty cocky and competitive, but I'd probably look for pegasi like spitfire or lightning dust for these positions... Dk it's your story but yeah I can actually see a MLP fanfic about football there may be something there

Though one key element is Fluttershy vs. Spitfire and the San Francisco 49ers:mlp_icwudt: in the NFC Championship Game:Daydreaming:  

3 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Though one key element is Fluttershy vs. Spitfire and the San Francisco 49ers:mlp_icwudt: in the NFC Championship Game:Daydreaming:  

Who does she play in the Superbowl then?

5 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Rarity, Sweetie Belle and the Raiders, or those pesky Steelers, being she takes charge a very big comeback thanks to Steelers' OFFSIDE JUMP:mlp_icwudt: at the end of the 1st half:ticking:  

Is it all ponies, what if you incorporated playing against Griffons and yaks lol, I think that would be interesting, possibly even dragons

3 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Just the human characters.  Watch out cuz Bon Bon plays defense:secret:  

That takes the meaning of "having a spy on defense" to a whole new level...:secret:;):secret:

And sorry didn't know you were talking about EQG at first I was picturing pony football xD wow silly me, this idea actually makes it even cooler that it takes place there

1 hour ago, Spook Conundrum said:

That takes the meaning of "having a spy on defense" to a whole new level...:secret:;):secret:

And sorry didn't know you were talking about EQG at first I was picturing pony football xD wow silly me, this idea actually makes it even cooler that it takes place there

EQG Fluttershy on Football Field with Football Helmet on and armed with Football, :fabulous::yay:BEWARE:fabulous::yay: