Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you do if MLP:FiM was cancelled?

iDashingRainbow

I'll will be sad. But If the Comics is still a thing I'll start reading those. If not I'll try to move on. Sorry to Burst your bubble, But MLP:FIM might end in 2020. No more show but the Movies will keep going. :P 

• Brohoof 1

I'll will be sad. But If the Comics is still a thing I'll start reading those. If not I'll try to move on. Sorry to Burst your bubble, But MLP:FIM might end in 2020. No more show but the Movies will keep going. :P

Why do you think it will end in 2020 ?  :okiedokielokie:

I would probably not care that much because the fan base has a much bigger importance. Fans will keep on making fics, PMVs, animations etc.. I like the canon too but the time between seasons is too long. 

Life will no longer hold any value and so I shall sacrifice myself by jumping from the edge of space, hit the floor. Hard. Explode. Dramatically pull someone close, motion them to come closer, whisper in their ear "I did it for Luna...Best...Po-" THEN I'll croak, leaving them to wonder who or what I was talking about for the rest of their life.

Or something like that.

In all seriousness though, it would be a bit of a kick to the teeth- I love the show and the fandom, and what the fandom makes! MLP is just perfect for writing fics about- it's just too usable! I reckon we could, given the number of writers, animators, artists, etc. continue the show if we really needed to, which I hope we never need to. I don't think I'll ever stop writing fimfiction, even if the rest of the world does. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd be disappointed about the announcement for a few days, but I'd move on.

Full disclosure, I've actually found myself less interested in MLP as late due to a combination of the long hiatus between seasons 4 and 5, an increase in college work, and a growing interest in anime. It hasn't gotten to the point that I abandon the fandom and MLP in general, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happens eventually.

Also, the fandom is not only huge, but also puts out a lot of stuff; fanfics that have been serialized as novels, MMORPGs, games, charity, so on and so on. If I ever stop watching MLP or the show ends up cancelled, I'll probably stay a brony just because of the sheer size and creativity of the community. It will be just like Firefly (the cancelled sci-fi series, not the G1 pony).

I would react exactly the same way I do when I finish an amazing book series. I would be sort of depressed and out of it for a while, but then I would go make some fan art or try to find another thing to get hooked on. If the show ever stops, the fandom will live on forever!

If these forums survived beyond the show, then I wouldn't mind all that much- I can rewatch the show if I miss it, and find some other ways to entertain myself, though of course it'd be a great shame and may bring me down a lot.

If these forums go, though... then I legitimately have no clue. :(

I would move on and look for a new cartoon to watch. And to be honest, I kind of am. MLP:FiM is not a bad show by any means, but the new cartoons I've seen are more enjoyable.