Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Among the Mane 6, Who Are the Best Friends?

Sanic Screwdriver

While all 6 main characters are friends with each other, which of them do you feel have the strongest bond with each other? I feel it's Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, just because of how much Rainbow cares for Fluttershy and how they've been friends since they were fillies. What do you think?  :lol:

• Brohoof 5

I'm not sure some of them are "better friends" than others. But I'd say Rarity and Applejack. (Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy? I don't think so...)

Edited by Blobulle

I've always thought:

Twilight - AJ

Rarity - Fluttershy

Rainbow - Pinkie

This is just the impression I get from certain episodes, but of course they're all very close to one another. :)

Care to further explain why you think so? :wacko:  I've just never thought of any of those characters to be particularly close, so I'm just curious ! Or is it just one of those things you think about for no particular reason? ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Care to further explain why you think so? :wacko:  I've just never thought of any of those characters to be particularly close, so I'm just curious ! Or is it just one of those things you think about for no particular reason? ^_^

Twilight and AJ - It seems to me Twilight always confides in AJ before any of her other friends, and similarly AJ is the first to comfort her like at the beginning of Equestria Girls.

Rarity and Fluttershy - As we know they have regular spa days together, Rarity asked Fluttershy to come with her in Castle Maneia, and Rarity was the only one who understood what Fluttershy was feeling in Filli Vanilli.

Rainbow and Pinkie - I feel like they're the two youngest members of the group and they just seem to get along really well, like in Griffon the Brush Off.

Edited by Dahlia Hawthorne
  • Brohoof 6

Twilight and AJ - It seems to me Twilight always confides in AJ before any of her other friends, and similarly AJ is the first to comfort her like at the beginning of Equestria Girls.

Rarity and Fluttershy - As we know they have regular spa days together, Rarity asked Fluttershy to come with her in Castle Maneia, and Rarity was the only one who understood what Fluttershy in Filli Vanilli.

Rainbow and Pinkie - I feel like they're the two youngest members of the group and they just seem to get along really well, like in Griffon the Brush Off.

Oh that makes much more sense, I totally see what you mean now! They do seem to be good friends  :yay:

• Brohoof 2

Rarity and Fluttershy - As we know they have regular spa days together, Rarity asked Fluttershy to come with her in Castle Maneia, and Rarity was the only one who understood what Fluttershy in Filli Vanilli.

This is what I was going to put as well.

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy certainly have a long history. But while they've known each other a long time, there's no evidence of them being especially close friends with each other prior to meeting Twilight Sparkle. It's true that Rainbow Dash leapt to Fluttershy's defence in Cutie Mark Chronicles, but Rainbow seems to be the kind of pony that would stick up for a classmate being bullied, regardless of whether they were friends.

Applejack and Rarity would have had the opportunity for a long relationship, given that they were each born and raised in Ponyville. Given they're roughly the same age, and that the Ponyville school seems to only have one class, it's likely they attended school together, except for the brief period when Applejack was living in Manehattan. However, they're each very different to the other, so even if we assume they went to school together, they may not have been close.

I'd say Fluttershy and Rarity are probably the two who have the closet relationship with each other, for the reasons pointed out by @. In particular, the impression I got when watching Green Isn't Your Color was that their spa days had been a regular thing for quite some time. Given Fluttershy's "freakish knowledge of sewing" it's possible that she and Rarity might have run into each other at competitions like the one where Rarity first encountered Suri Polomare. That may be how they first met.

Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 2

I'm going a bit away from what people usually say.

I think Twilight and Rainbow Dash. Even though they may not agree with each other and can annoy each other, That is sometimes just what friends do. It would be boring if friends just agreed with you 24/7. The fun of life is that your friend could have a completely different idea from you. 

Twilight has reached out to Rainbow Dash multiple times and it sometimes has a impact on Rainbow Dash. For Example, Sorry don't remember the title of the episode. Giving Rainbow Dash that Daring Do book in the hospital changed her in a way. To sum it up: Sharing is caring and shows a common interest.

Twilight tried her hardest to get Rainbow Dash to study for a test. That not only shows friendship but shows that Twilight cares about Rainbow Dash's future.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going a bit away from what people usually say.

I think Twilight and Rainbow Dash. Even though they may not agree with each other and can annoy each other, That is sometimes just what friends do. It would be boring if friends just agreed with you 24/7. The fun of life is that your friend could have a completely different idea from you. 

Twilight has reached out to Rainbow Dash multiple times and it sometimes has a impact on Rainbow Dash. For Example, Sorry don't remember the title of the episode. Giving Rainbow Dash that Daring Do book in the hospital changed her in a way. To sum it up: Sharing is caring and shows a common interest.

Twilight tried her hardest to get Rainbow Dash to study for a test. That not only shows friendship but shows that Twilight cares about Rainbow Dash's future.

Oh yeah, I over-looked that! They all seem to have SOME link to each other XD

• Brohoof 1

Well, if you look at episode 5, Griffon the Brush Off, Dash was going to prank Fluttershy, but Pinkie stopped her.  IMO, Dash & F have known each other a long time, but especially before Dragonshy had little respect for her (Look at episode 18, Sonic Rainboom, for example).  I think Putting Your Hoof Down was a flashback episode & Rarity, Pinkie, & Fluttershy were friends before the pilot

AJ & Rarity were not early friends (Look Before You Sleep, for instance), even though they must have known each other (both being from Ponyville)

So, I would go w Dash & Pinkie (a similar love of pranking & adventure + preference for action over study +Wonderbolts Accadamy, for instance)

AJ & Twilight (T is the 1st to notice AJ was in trouble in Apple Buck Season, for instance)

Rarity & Fluttershy Can't recall the episode, but IIRC they have Spa sessions together + season 4 Milli Filli, for instance, R is holding fund raiser for F.

• Brohoof 1

I think Putting Your Hoof Down was a flashback episode & Rarity, Pinkie, & Fluttershy were friends before the pilot

That doesn't make much sense. Why would Fluttershy write a letter to Princess Celestia at the end? Did she often write to Equestria's royalty before Lesson Zero?

Friends:

Shy/Dash given their history and all,  they might not hang out all the time but also what do we known in the hidden past?

AJ/Dash:  They have often gotten into contest to push the other to new levels  but its all friendly! (mostly)

Shy/Rare:  I can see them having a very simple friendship and understanding to the other.

Twi/Dash:  I think with Twilight getting the wings, it opened a new door to their friendship like we didn't see in the past.

Dash/Rare: I dont see it....

Twi/Rare: I can see a friendship and some depth to it a bit.

Pink/Dash:  They like a good laugh.

Pink/Rare: Not to much

Pink/Twi:  I think they are good friends if anything.

• Brohoof 1

Well, if you look at episode 5, Griffon the Brush Off, Dash was going to prank Fluttershy, but Pinkie stopped her.  IMO, Dash & F have known each other a long time, but especially before Dragonshy had little respect for her (Look at episode 18, Sonic Rainboom, for example).

An alternative way to look at it would be that Rainbow Dash knows Fluttershy is capable of greatness, and just needs to be pushed. She perhaps thinks that pandering to Fluttershy's nervousness does her no good in the long run.

Well, maybe.  If you look at episode 65, you see that Dash thinks F controls her animals & gives them orders (or at least should).  This episode is relevant because, IMO, it shows how the Mane 6 view each other.  They didn't get their friends cutie marks, they got their opinion of their friends cutie marks.

As I said, Dash got F's cutie mark but thought F orders the critters around (or, at least, she should)

F thinks all Pinkie does is tell jokes & do prop comedy (nothing about working in the bakery or baby sitting, for instance)

R thinks Dash's cutie mark is about her job & completely misses D's need for speed & glory

P thinks all AJ does is work on the farm & totally misses how much AJ cares for her family (how is that even possible, P is usually fairly sharp?)

In short, they all got the cutie mark of the one they most misunderstood. (Although, AJ did get R right)  This sheds light on their relationships

• Brohoof 1

I think Rarity and Fluttershy show a great deal of friendship with each other. Fluttershy might not show it often but she does show interest in "beautifying" herself both her and Rarity have set times to meet at the spa, Fluttershy has a crazy knowledge of sewing and what she likes in her dresses and even in Rainbow Rocks Fluttershy is seen with Rarity painting her nails and taking selfies. Those examples off the top of my head with probably more that I can't think of I think exemplifies a really good friendship between the two.     

Rarity and fluttershy, they both have a thing for fashion (obv. More so for rarity) and they hang out at the spa a lot.

Pinkie and rainbow dash, they pull pranks on people together.

Rainbow Dash & Fluttershy and not just because of that erotic moment they shared in A Canterlot Wedding ;)img-3489331-1-DARZfmZ.jpg

ah yes, my foreplay usually begins with helping my lover get up off the ground. It really sets the mood.
  • Brohoof 1

Rarity and fluttershy, they both have a thing for fashion (obv. More so for rarity) and they hang out at the spa a lot.

Pinkie and rainbow dash, they pull pranks on people together.ah yes, my foreplay usually begins with helping my lover get up off the ground. It really sets the mood.

Whatever Dash is doing here, Fluttershy seems to be enjoying it ;)

I like the rivalry and bonding between Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Some of my favourite moments in the series involve the two of them locking horns (figuratively.) Even in the first episode the parts I enjoy most involve AJ cooling Rainbow's metaphorical jets.

And they have a lot in common, both of them being proud and athletic tomboys.

• Brohoof 2

I'd say either Rainbow/Fluttershy or Rainbow/Applejack. RD has some great moments with both of them. I like when her and AJ are competing, but also in Hurricane Fluttershy where RD and FS have some great moments.

Edited by rpc8169
  • Brohoof 1