Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane Six bestest friends?

Artist-Sky

Which of the mane six are the bestest friends. Ex: Rainbow Dash and Applejack. I mean which ones would you pair up as bestest friends? I'd say Rainbow Dash is closest to Applejack than any other pony and vise versa. Those two are really the only ones i can really think of. So what do you think?

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy and Rarity, they're both friendly in a way that isn't confrontational (I imagine Rarity and AJ, as much as people like to ship that, is at least somewhat stressful on Rarity due to their tendency to disagree) and share many traits and interests.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie, like the above they're not confrontational about their friendship and they're both the most immature, so they're a good match.

I'm not so sure about Twi and AJ as the leftover pairing... But the above two are definitely close relationships.

• Brohoof 1

Well there is Pinkie and Rainbow Dash from seeing how they prank together

I think Rarity and Applejack are close especially after seeing Simple Ways

And I guess that leaves Twilight and Fluttershy, who haven't had that much interaction, but still pretty good friends

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie

Applejack and Twilight

Fluttershy and Rarity

Applejack and Rarity clash, they've been shown to annoy each other.  Applejack always puts her wants above Fluttershy's.  Rainbow Dash is pretty outgoing and Fluttershy is too quiet for her I think, so that best friendship would be pretty one-sided.  Rainbow and Pinkie have been shown being pretty good friends already.  I didn't know where else to put Applejack, so I stuck her with Twilight.  lol

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash and Applejack, as we had an entire episode devoted to them competing, and then being even greater friends.

Rarity and Fluttershy

And Pinkie really only interacts with Rarity or Rainbow Dash individually. So I guess you would have to pair those ponies together.

And then Rarity and AppleJack

And Twilight who hates all of them and is using them to build her empire of "friendship".

• Brohoof 2

Well there is Pinkie and Rainbow Dash from seeing how they prank together

I think Rarity and Applejack are close especially after seeing Simple Ways

And I guess that leaves Twilight and Fluttershy, who haven't had that much interaction, but still pretty good friends

we have the same minds*smilea*

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash and Applejack

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie

Rarity and Fluttershy

Twilight seems to be equally friends with everyone else in the mane 6

Agreed with this. I'd also add Rarity and Applejack as well.

• Brohoof 2

Okay, so after reading other replies I have my pairs:

Aj and Rainbow- had a whole episode on it, always hang out

Fluttershy and Twilight- Fluttershy and Twilight talk together alot

Rarity and Pinkie Pie- I think they are bestest friends but have a weird way of showing it

I think Rarity and Applejack are best friends with each other :D They seem to interact a lot, and despite their differences, seem to care about each other quite a bit - they have chemistry, or the perfect balance of similarities and contrasts in their personalities, so even though they disagree, it really only builds their friendship stronger in the end, and, let's face it - their interactions with each other throughout the series are numerous in occurrences. I honestly believe those two to be best friends :D

Then I believe Fluttershy and RD to be best friends as well - Pinkie and Twilight don't have best friends and value the rest equally, but I think the bond between Rares and AJ is the strongest of the mane 6 :D

• Brohoof 2

I think Rarity and Applejack are best friends with each other :D They seem to interact a lot, and despite their differences, seem to care about each other quite a bit - they have chemistry, or the perfect balance of similarities and contrasts in their personalities, so even though they disagree, it really only builds their friendship stronger in the end, and, let's face it - their interactions with each other throughout the series are numerous in occurrences. I honestly believe those two to be best friends :D

Then I believe Fluttershy and RD to be best friends as well - Pinkie and Twilight don't have best friends and value the rest equally, but I think the bond between Rares and AJ is the strongest of the mane 6 :D

I think AJ and Rarity have something deeper than friendship. Not shipping, but as I said before, almost like sisters.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Applejack x Rainbow Dash

Yeah, Rainbow has a close connection with Fluttershy (friends since childhood) and Pinkie Pie (pranks), but what she has with AJ seems to be more... special? I'm not sure how to explain this, but Rainbow really seems to see Applejack as someone, who is able to keep up with her and understand her better than anyone else, no matter how different they are. While I think that Rainbow's friendship with Fluttershy is really nice and close, it's hard to imagine them really doing something together or sharing secrets. On the other hand, Pinkie and Rainbow share mostly their love for pranks and fun, not much more. Rainbow and Applejack have this kind of conncetion, which you share with only very good friends - you can compete with each other, tease each other, sometimes even insult each other, but at the end they'll be there, together. Rainbow seems to be very comfortable around AJ, while Applejack shows her more playful side, when she is with Rainbow.

more_applejack_and_rainbow_by_are_you_je

Rarity x Fluttershy

It was often shown in the cartoon that Rarity have a special talent to open up Fluttershy a bit. Yeah, Applejack deeply cares about Flutters and Rainbow is protecting her since their childhood, but Rarity with her gentle nature is really able to understand Fluttershy's feelings and talk with her in a way, which doesn't scare 'Shy off. Fluttershy seems to be more cheerful and open around Rarity. They spend a lot of time together, share secrets, gossips... Fluttershy sometimes acts like a completely different pony around Rarity, more confident and happy. Rarity has a positive influence on her. Oh, and Fluttershy seems to like fashion, so they also share interests. Rarity loves all of her friends, but I bet that sometimes she really wants to just talk with somepony about fashion and girly stuff.

fluttershy_and_rarity_adorable_by_jeatz_

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

They all seem like best friends, really.  Some pairings don't work as well as others, like the following

• Applejack and Fluttershy
  • Rarity and Pinkie Pie
  • Twilight and Fluttershy

Don't get me wrong, they're still great friends. We just haven't seen as much interaction with these pairings. (Maybe we have, and I'm just forgetting about it.)

Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 2

I see Rarity and Fluttershy being BFFs. Also Applejack and Rainbow Dash. They seem to have a lot in common. Both of those pairs have had episodes together, too.

I didn't say Applejack and Rarity because their passionate love for each other burns with the heat of a thousand suns, and thus goes beyond friendship. Obviously

• Brohoof 2

One of the things I like about FiM is how it's hard to tell which two are the better friends. They all seem to be good friends, and none of the characters seem to prefer one over the exclusion of the other four.

Being the guy who was left out in most groups of three or four, I like that a lot. I'd rather ignore that the idea of bestest friends exists, honestly—and the show seems to do an excellent job of accomplishing that goal.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It seems to me like Fluttershy/Rarity are very close and Fluttershy/Rainbow are very close. They are shown hanging out alone together in the show several times. We know Fluttershy and Rarity have their weekly spa get-together with each other (which is super cute). We also know Rainbow and Fluttershy have a long history, which makes me believe they probably know each other very well..

It's hard to place the remaining ponies. Pinkie just seems kind of independent and bounces from friend to friend; she doesn't seem to need one friend that's just her own. Applejack also seems rather independent and doesn't seem to rely on one pony over the others. Twilight seems to equally involved in all of her pony friendships; her best friend is most likely Spike.

Edited by Jennabun

Oh, I was just talking about this the other day.

I've always seen Twilight Sparkle and Applejack as best friends, they just fit so well together.

Fluttershy and Rarity, the thing that made it so obvious to me was when we found out that they both met up weekly(?) for a time at the spa, and to share the latest gossip, sounds like best friends to me!

Last but certainly not least, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. They seem to have bonded so well when they pulled pranks together in "Griffon the Brush Off".

Just my opinions, though.

Rarity and Applejack

Rarity and Fluttershy

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy

Rainbow Dash and Applejack

I don't think Twilight and Pinkie Pie prefer one to another.

• 7 years later...

Rainbow Dash and Applejack have a very close relationship, this is implied especially in the series finale. 

Spoiler

They are lovers here! No doubt about it! :orly:

tumblr_6d8b8f7acfb27329644b6b700958cb78_2fdb66ae_1280.gif.d4d893780a7be67757a23ddc04e7da51.gif

I would say that Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie also have a close friendship, seeing as they're the two outcasts for being the class clowns and pranksters. 

Applejack and Pinkie Pie are also very close because of possible family ties. This is shown in multiple episodes. I also like to think Fluttershy and Applejack have a special connection as well because they're both quiet country ponies with ties to nature. 

• Brohoof 1

Applejack and Rarity: Sure their interests don't mesh in ANY way but they seem to have a unique friendship despite this.  

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy: Rainbow deeply cares about Fluttershy's feelings as shown in "Griffon The Brush Off"and "Hurricane Fluttershy".

Rarity and Fluttershy: The closest friends in the Mane 6 in my opinion. Rarity and Fluttershy even have weekly trips to the spa.

Applejack and Pinkie Pie: Again, like Applejack and Rarity they seem to get along well even though they don't seem to have anything in common.

Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash: A classic case of opposites attracting. 

• Brohoof 1