Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best "Hater" Conversation Ever!

Namename.

Ive seen this guy ALOT. He is part of the Anti-fandom group. They insult any and all fandoms on Ifunny.

What is hilarious is that they literally search for MLP just to insult people.

I was, honestly, slightly offended when the guy said my book sounded autistic...

• Brohoof 4

What is hilarious is that they literally search for MLP just to insult people.

Because they dont have anything better else to do with their lives but to bully people. Its pathetic, childish and immature. They need to grow a pair and accept reality. If its a girl hater( i dont rly see this tbh) then they need to shut up and eat ice cream. Lol.

• Brohoof 4

I don't fully get why you bait him on though?  :P Yeah, his hate seems stupid and misplaced, but laughing at him in a back and forth while sounding like you look down on him doesn't really give you the high road...  :wat: Higher than someone going into things with the intention of calling people out dumbly for watching MLP, but I think the better route would be to ignore him or respond respectfully instead? He likely only kept that going because you were interesting enough to poke and prod with further comments.

He honestly smacks of someone who is more interesting in bothering people and getting a response (which he got) than actually hating the fandom. Cliche comments about the brony community were just a little too cliche to indicate a deep rooted hate in my eyes.

Edited by SFyr
  • Brohoof 2

My sides hurt now, xD

But, seriously, haters are running out of things to call us. Stupid people make life so much fun! :P

iFunny is infested with Anti-Brony / Anti-Fandom groups ($WA, the ABB, etc) and they are so easily angered.

Edited by Lance Shield
  • Brohoof 1

I don't fully get why you bait him on though?  :P Yeah, his hate seems stupid and misplaced, but laughing at him in a back and forth while sounding like you look down on him doesn't really give you the high road...  :wat: Higher than someone going into things with the intention of calling people out dumbly for watching MLP, but I think the better route would be to ignore him or respond respectfully instead? He likely only kept that going because you were interesting enough to poke and prod with further comments.

He honestly smacks of someone who is more interesting in bothering people and getting a response (which he got) than actually hating the fandom. Cliche comments about the brony community were just a little too cliche to indicate a deep rooted hate in my eyes.

Because it was hilarious! It was all such a lie, too, him being a volunteer at the homeless shelter. Someone who does that couldn't be so rude, or even waste that much time. Also, I was seeing what I could trigger by laughing with him. He kept swearing at me, which was hilarious.

Not to be a downer. Sorry in advance.

I took a look at the photo where the comment string is from, and it's a pony OC. I understand frustration, but you posted art (art without the intention to be humorous, as far I can tell) to a site called iFunny. IFunny is for funny things...or, at least things that try to be funny. Deviant-art exists, as does imgur and even an artwork section on these forums!  :lol:

I get he didn't go about anything in a nice manner, but to be blunt, neither did you!  :( There are always haters, but it reflects best upon yourself and upon the community you represent to act about things with a mature manner. If he is a troll, don't feed him! It's unneeded hate, and it upsets me to see that, especially in this community. Its important to be polite to those around us and even those who oppose us. One of my favorite things about this community is the overall tolerance and, despite the fandom often edges on the younger side, maturity. I don't know, it's just my viewpoint; but it does make me a little sad.  -_-

• Brohoof 3

Because it was hilarious! It was all such a lie, too, him being a volunteer at the homeless shelter. Someone who does that couldn't be so rude, or even waste that much time. Also, I was seeing what I could trigger by laughing with him. He kept swearing at me, which was hilarious.

Why is that hilarious though? I don't get rallying and baiting people to get a response, only to laugh at them. It sounds like you're in it to feel superior to them as an outside perspective, though I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that that's not the case here. :rarity: And while their hate is misplaced, I'm personally more likely to try to understand where they come from, or let them live as they do, rather than push them away and dismiss them entirely. I personally am the type of fan that wants to understand why people don't like the fandom, and give them a platform to call out the behavior of it. No one (group or individual) is so big or so perfect to not deserve criticism.

In that vein, sometimes I even sympathize with haters--a lot of their gripes seem to be the inescapable quality of our fandom, which is very much true. :adorkable: MLP has grown to the level where you see it pretty often even if you try to filter it out. That can be understandably frustrating when you're not fond of it.

• Brohoof 1

Why is that hilarious though? I don't get rallying and baiting people to get a response, only to laugh at them. It sounds like you're in it to feel superior to them as an outside perspective, though I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that that's not the case here. :rarity: And while their hate is misplaced, I'm personally more likely to try to understand where they come from, or let them live as they do, rather than push them away and dismiss them entirely. I personally am the type of fan that wants to understand why people don't like the fandom, and give them a platform to call out the behavior of it. No one (group or individual) is so big or so perfect to not deserve criticism.

In that vein, sometimes I even sympathize with haters--a lot of their gripes seem to be the inescapable quality of our fandom, which is very much true. :adorkable: MLP has grown to the level where you see it pretty often even if  you try to filter it out. That can be understandably frustrating when you're not fond of it.

I honestly understand the last paragraph. While I have the right to display my love, I feel uncomfortable about it sometimes because I know it really bugs some people. And me not showing that love wouldn't cost me very much at all...so sometimes I wonder if I should make that sacrifice to make another person's day better.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly understand the last paragraph. While I have the right to display my love, I feel uncomfortable about it sometimes because I know it really bugs some people. And me not showing that love wouldn't cost me very much at all...so sometimes I wonder if I should make that sacrifice to make another person's day better.

Glad to hear you agree, haha. I think there's a time and a place, personally. Among the brony community, we should be able to post to our heart's content. After all, aren't we all here because we share a strong common interest and kinship? Outside of the fandom, there are so many other people and mindsets we should be respectful and open minded to.  :) I know there are sites where pony pictures have flooded--this is usually balanced some amount by a blacklist option that depends on tags, but stuff still slips by sometimes...

In that vein, sometimes I even sympathize with haters--a lot of their gripes seem to be the inescapable quality of our fandom, which is very much true. :adorkable: MLP has grown to the level where you see it pretty often even if you try to filter it out. That can be understandably frustrating when you're not fond of it.

Well, your words are understandable. I do not feel superior to anybody in the world. I even tell the guy that he is possibly more superior than me (It may or may not have been cut off, because there was so much). What I was doing was two things: trying to make him understand through laughter that stereotypes for Bronies are false and two, "defending my profile " I have my own rule that if somebody comes to your profile and "attacks" you, you defend. If you are attacked outside your profile (In the comments of another's post), you do nothing. Easy peasy. And it isn't like haters bother me. They are all just a fly that buzzes from a distance, but never comes to touch you.
  • Brohoof 2

One of my favorite things about this community is the overall tolerance and, despite the fandom often edges on the younger side, maturity.

Tolerating shouldn't be handed out like a Hallmark card. As trolling is a form of cyberbullying, there's no objectively reason to tolerate trolling whatsoever. Trolling deserves to be called out more and more.

And to this to you guys, @@SFyr and @, as well: That troll lost any form of credibility and sympathy when he used ableist slurs and then told the OP to kill himself (a death threat).

Edited by Old King Q
  • Brohoof 2

I took a look at the photo where the comment string is from, and it's a pony OC. I understand frustration, but you posted art (art without the intention to be humorous, as far I can tell) to a site called iFunny. IFunny is for funny things...or, at least things that try to be funny. Deviant-art exists, as does imgur and even an artwork section on these forums! 

I've seen people like him attack people for posting actually funny images just because the image had a pony on it. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, your words are understandable. I do not feel superior to anybody in the world. I even tell the guy that he is possibly more superior than me (It may or may not have been cut off, because there was so much). What I was doing was two things: trying to make him understand through laughter that stereotypes for Bronies are false and two, "defending my profile " I have my own rule that if somebody comes to your profile and "attacks" you, you defend. If you are attacked outside your profile (In the comments of another's post), you do nothing. Easy peasy. And it isn't like haters bother me. They are all just a fly that buzzes from a distance, but never comes to touch you.

Going by your tone though, saying that he may be superior to you may sound more like sarcasm than sincerity though... isn't the ideal for all of us to be equal? Laughing at someone's words tells them that their words aren't not worth much, nor their opinion.

And, laughing at people for stereotyping us isn't going to help them see the other side very often at all. If you want someone to think better of the group you represent, you treat them as you would want to be treated, give them more kindness and respect than they give you, and open-mindedly give them a platform where you hear them out with a level head, and even work to sympathize with their feelings. If you're defending yourself and laughing at them, you're giving them little to none of that, and encouraging them to defend their own side even more.

And, defending yourself... if you want to avoid/stop that kind of behavior he displayed, you're better off ignoring them and not feeding their conversation, as @Nervous Stitch mentioned--or simply being respectful and nonconfrontive. If you're in it to win an argument? That's when you continue.

Edited by SFyr

Tolerating shouldn't be handed out like a Hallmark card. As trolling is a form of cyberbullying, there's no objectively reason to tolerate trolling whatsoever. Trolling deserves to be called out more and more.

And that troll lost any form of credibility when he used ableist slurs and then told the OP to kill himself (a death threat).

I agree that it isn't okay for others to insult others or, of course, threaten them! I'm not that familiar with ifunny, but if ifunny happens to be the only site without a report button, color me silly  :lol:

Toleration comes in a lot of different forms, and my favorite form of toleration is to report if something is offensive, close that tab and go bake a cake or do something that I enjoy, if the comment really shook me up that bad. 

The conversation wouldn't have even of progressed to threats or slurs if the initial comment was just ignored for what it was - a comment made solely to irk the poster. I'm surprised if the day ever comes where you don't have trolls or people who get their kicks from seeing others upset...but if you don't even entertain their nonsense, they'll go away. If it persists, there are many wiser options to choose from to deal with threats.

• Brohoof 1

@, that kind of extremism generally isn't meant in real life. Ever see how much harsher, and more exaggerated people are online than in real life? It's easier to dehumanize people online, and I feel we're all doing that when reducing him to a 'hater' and not a human, just as he does to us.

Edited by SFyr

@@SFyr, When it comes to cyberbullies like the "fake president," he deserves no other label, and there's no reason to respect him nor tolerate him. Thousands, if not millions, of people have attempted or succeeded to commit suicide because they can't get away from trolls/cyberbullies like the "fake president" no matter how much they ignore them.

The conversation wouldn't have even of progressed to threats or slurs if the initial comment was just ignored for what it was - a comment made solely to irk the poster.

There's no reason for the cyberbully to spew the slurs or death threat, period. To perceive otherwise is misplacing the blame.

Edited by Old King Q
  • Brohoof 3