Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm surprised South Park hadn't touched FiM yet

Steve Piranha

This just came to mi mind, South Park is well known to make episodes, making fun and parodying o current events and phenomenons. I'm not saying I'm looking forward to SP making an episode about FiM or bronies, but, considering our community isn't exactly a run in the mill, this came as a surprise to me 

• Brohoof 2

They only Sorta have. in on of the newer ish episodes, one of the characters has a pony doll i the foreground, but i know what yu mean. They have an ENTIRE fanbase, and one of the largest, to mess with, but the haven't yet. if the do, it'll probably be at i mlp Milestone, like 5 years, 100 episodes, etc 

I'd probably be for it if they did do it, because unlike some other adult cartoons, South Park still knows the difference between social satire and simple shock humor. There was a hoax a long time ago stating they would make one. We are enough in the public consciousness to draw that kind of attention. It kinda makes me wonder why it's taking so long for certain shows known for referencing pop culture to notice.

• Brohoof 11

Someone did a very good fan animation on South Park doing MLP. The animation and voice acting matched that show perfectly.

The thing with that show is that when it does social commentary, it seems to never take sides, and address both sides of the issue. So they would probably remain neutral with bronies.

• Brohoof 4

Every since i joined the fandom in late 2011, i asked myself "when does South Park make a parody."

They tackled all sorts of fanbases and subcultures in the past and it was always funny. What is there problem with tackling bronies?

Everyone who has a sense of humor and can laugh about themselves, will probably have a good time with this episode.

• Brohoof 7

South Park has a way of remaining intellectual when they make fun of things - if they did poke fun at Bronies, they'd likely poke fun at it in a way that some would deem offensive and others would deem funny, but they'd also portray the people against Bronydom in a similar light.

I always see it as one of those things where Butters would be really into it, then Cartman gives him a lot of crap about it and goes home and is much deeper into the fandom than he is :lol:

Either way, they do a great job of satire and portraying both sides of the argument for what they really are. If they did that, I'd be fully excited for it :D

• Brohoof 11

Me too! I've always wondered what they're waiting for.

As others said, if they make an episode about MLP:FiM, I think it would be a great episode to watch. :)

I've been woundering this recently and the only reason i can think of is that they don't want to annoy the fandom. This is proberly because a lot of bronies also watch south park and, like they did with chef's voice actor, if they offend them strongly on somthing they're pashionate about, they'll stop watching the show which will have an affect on the shows future. That, or Matt and Trey are secret bronies?! (please universe, let that be! :pinkie: )

I think one of the reasons (I highly doubt the creators of south park don't know what a brony is) is because it would be way too predictable, you know exactly what it would involve, something along the lines of someone becomes a brony, the boys don't understand it, the people of the town take it way too seriously and there's some over the top fight and then they realize they shouldn't care. Not to mention I think it might be a little late, bronies were a big deal back in 2011 and 2012, but after that we've just become a regular part internet culture. 

• Brohoof 2

Likewise I do find it surprising, but I would suppose it's only a matter of time.

Just how would they make fun of it though? Would they make fun of bronies? Anti-bronies? Or everyone and their mother?

It's hard for me to say. I don't watch South Park.

I think its out of fear of copyright claim.... Hasbro is like Viacom when it comes to copyright....

but that's just my guess.... it could be that the idea just hasn't come to them...

personally I wouldn't want to see something like this in South Park... because I have a strong dislike towards MLP Parodies

I'll be honest, I think it's too late for them to try anything like that. The 'brony fandom' has been around too long, and any satirical jokes are just old and unoriginal now. South Park wouldn't make an episode about 'bronies' or FIM because as I said before, it's too late and they're not the ones to try dig up shitty old jokes.

As to being afraid of copyright violations.  Have they tackled Disney?  Because those guys have a real rep for going after people.  Still, they've taken swipes at PETA & the Scientologists as well as the Mormons & handicapped people (Timmy!).  So I would go w "Too easy, too predictable, & possibly too unimportant"  However, I would go w Timmy is a brony (as well as a lot of the girls -they are 4th graders), Cartman is a dick about it, & it turns into a whole sex wars/ what is gay? thing.

I thought I heard some rumors a few years back about a possible South Park episode, but they changed their minds in favor of a different episode idea.

Not sure if the rumors were true or not, but if they were, bronies have been around for a while, and they're not as everywhere as they were when the rumors were going around, so I don't think they'd make one at this point.