Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media The Official Pokémon Thread

Odyssey

I'm sort of disappointed that Zygarde's new forms don't maintain the Z-shape of the 50% form.  I thought that one of the coolest things about the gen 6 legendary trio was how they all had the vague shape their letters: X, Y, and Z.  Ah well, I'm still interested to see how they function in-game.

So I've been Super Training this Ralts with a Naughty nature to get a Gallade since February of this year (the only reason why it is taking so long is because I keep quitting.) Fast forward several months later to this current day, and I am now realizing I've been training this Ralts with the wrong gender the entire time. This upsets me so. Anyone wouldn't happen to have a "Male" Ralts with a Naughty nature so I don't have to go through the whole process of egg hatching again? If not, I guess I could keep it, but how much would the Naughty nature effect Gardevoir?

Edited by JRex95

so I've been Super Training this Ralts with a Naughty nature to get a Gallade since February of this year (the only reason why it is taking so long is because I keep quitting.) Fast forward several months later to this current day, and I am now realizing I've been training this Ralts with the wrong gender the entire time. This upsets me so. Anyone wouldn't happen to have a "Male" Ralts with a Naughty nature so I don't have to go through the whole process of egg hatching again? If not, I guess I could keep it, but how much would the Naughty nature effect Gardevoir?

Sorry, don't have the ralts for you, but I do have an alternative to Super Training that's significantly faster.  It's basically just normal EV training but utilizing hordes.  If you have the right items and pokerus, you're pretty much guaranteed to fully train a pokemon in around 20-40 minutes of light grinding.  Here's some guides if you're interested:

Basic guide and EV hotspots for X/Y: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/a-guide-to-ev-training-with-hordes.3490052/

EV hotspots for OR/AS: http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/ev-training-horde-hotspots-pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire/

Hope this helps at least a little bit!

So I've been Super Training this Ralts with a Naughty nature to get a Gallade since February of this year (the only reason why it is taking so long is because I keep quitting.) Fast forward several months later to this current day, and I am now realizing I've been training this Ralts with the wrong gender the entire time. This upsets me so. Anyone wouldn't happen to have a "Male" Ralts with a Naughty nature so I don't have to go through the whole process of egg hatching again? If not, I guess I could keep it, but how much would the Naughty nature effect Gardevoir?

If I'm right about what it does, naughty nature wouldn't be too good on Gallade or Gardevoir, for Gardevoir you typically want modest and for Gallade you want jolly

So Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon has been released in Japan today! Not just that, but this is also the fifth year of Pokémon Black/White's release! A new game is cool and all, but I'm definitely more interested in celebrating one of my favourite generations fifth anniversary. :P

1 more month until the US release of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon! I'm so super excited!  :pinkie:

And I swear I'm not gonna reset until I get Totodile on the personality quiz.

Edit: Or 2 more months, cause little miss Twi can't do math apparently

Edited by Twi the Totodile

So Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon has been released in Japan today! Not just that, but this is also the fifth year of Pokémon Black/White's release! A new game is cool and all, but I'm definitely more interested in celebrating one of my favourite generations fifth anniversary. :P

I started playing Explorers of Sky recently. Really good game, but I wish the story wasn't loaded down with so many redundant dialogues and flashbacks. It's been a while, but I don't remember Red Rescue Team treating its audience this much like they have the attention span of a goldfish. Sometimes there are flashbacks to things that happened in the very same cutscene! Also Chatot is literally the worst.

Gameplay wise though, aside from the terrible footprint identification minigame, it's all good. More challenge, better balance, better recruitment mechanics, lots of fun new stuff (I especially like the boxes. I always thought lockboxes in MMOs would be a lot of fun if they didn't cost real money, and it turns out I was right), and that terrible mechanic Red Rescue Team had whereby you had to pay thousands of Poke just to gain the ability to recruit a small handful of Pokemon has been cast right into the abyss where that idea belongs.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not too excited for the new Zygarde forms. I was at first but they're not all that great now that I look at them.

Zygarde Cell and Zygarde Core look pretty much the same, Zygarde 10% is still pretty cool at least, and Zygarde Complete just seems like it's saying "Look at me I'm the most powerful Pokemon ever and nobody is going to tell me otherwise".

Sure it's confirmation of Pokemon Z, but one form would've been good enough.

• Brohoof 1

What are your opinions on the new Pokemon Go coming out soon. I think it's gonna be really good. Finally, our dreams of Pokemon living in our world came true.

I was skeptical at first, but now it just seems really cool. I always have low standards for phone games until I play them, but I think this is going to be my first time making an exception.

The only part I'm not excited for is having to go outside. D:

Dear god, the Battle Maison is pretty hard.

I do better in other battles, even if the other trainer has Pokemon with a higher level, but I can't seem to do well at the Battle Maison for some reason.

Dear god, the Battle Maison is pretty hard.

I do better in other battles, even if the other trainer has Pokemon with a higher level, but I can't seem to do well at the Battle Maison for some reason.

The battle mansion has some pretty crazy strategies, but once you learn their move sets and start preparing for them it gets a lot easier.

And maybe it's just me but I find the double battles to be a lot easier than the single battles.

I managed to do the Multi Battle one.

I'll try to do Super Multi Battle later.

Also, by the way, I use Arcanine and Magnezone, and battle with Steven.

You called~? ;) ;) XD

But yeah, the battle maison is intense, farthest I got on Super Multi-Battles was about 25. I think with Archie.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but new events had been announced that will be released in Japan in the next few weeks and next month to tie in to the new anime season: shiny Xerneas (29th) this month. In November, there's Yveltal (5th). Zygarde will be released on the 12th but it is not shiny.

Edit: Unfortunately, Zygarde isn't shiny. I made a mistake.

Edited by Kelldrick

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking about getting the newish Pokemon Rumble for the Wii U, does anybody know how good it is compared to the original? Does it play the same or is it totally different? I might have more questions later, but those two are all I need to know right now

I don't know if anyone here still follows the Pokémon anime(English sub) but recently things got quite interesting with the story surrounding the mega evolution specials and such.

Some actual character growth and interesting villains.

I also can't help but compare the current animations with that of the first generation.. How times flow and quality improves, haha.

With all the new Zygarde forms released and the anime becoming Pokemon XYZ, we all know a Pokemon Z version is coming.

I just hope it gets offically announced soon as I can't wait to play it.

Edited by cmarston1

• 3 months later...

Am I the only person who think these "mega evolutions" are stupid? They look rather weird to me and I don't like that legendaries are able to evolve.. That just shouldn't happen.

• 4 weeks later...

Anypony else here got Pokken Tournament? I got it about a couple of days ago and I'm enjoying it.

I gotta say, unlike Tekken itself, the controls and move lists in Pokken Tournament are easy to remember. Thank Celestia there is a Tutorial for us as well. If that wasn't in there, newcomers would have a difficult time learning how to play. I'm not familiar with the original Tekken series since the only game I got back then was Tekken 2 on the PS1.

Might do some Online Play later on but first, I gotta get through the ranks with Lucario.

• Brohoof 2