movies/tv Suggest any animes?

WriterOnTheRun

I started watching Sailor Moon Crystal and a few other animes and I was wondering if there were any more that my fellow bronies/pegasisters suggest.  Also, has anyone else watched Sailor Moon Crystal?  I liked that one and wanted to ask if it was worth watching.  Thanks!  :grin2:  :icwudt:  :kindness:  :pinkie:B)  ^_^

Also, anypony know a streaming site?

I started watching Sailor Moon Crystal and a few other animes and I was wondering if there were any more that my fellow bronies/pegasisters suggest.  Also, has anyone else watched Sailor Moon Crystal?  I liked that one and wanted to ask if it was worth watching.  Thanks!  :grin2:  :icwudt:  :kindness:  :pinkie:B)  ^_^

Also, anypony know a streaming site?

Well if you got Netflix, you can always try the animes there if you have an account.  Like Trigun, or "The Devil is a Part Timer" (personal favorites).  Hulu's got some, I never browsed it but there are a plethora of choices.  As for other streaming sites, no idea.  I'm not an otaku or a weeaboo as some may call it.  I do like good stories.

I will recommend some of my favorites.

Hoshi no Kirby (Japanese version of Kirby Right Back at Ya!)

FullMetal Alchemist (2003 or Brotherhood)

One Piece

Hopefully this helps. ;)

ooh i have a few

Crunchyroll is the most popular choice for streaming but my personal preference is bittorrent.

Anyway: No Game No Life, Akame ga Kill, Kill la Kill, Baka and Test, Attack on Titan, I'll list more later but please watch the bolded ones.

• Brohoof 1

Got quite a few I guess, depends on what genre you like tho.
Baccano!

<3 Ladd Russo. Best villain.

Clannad. Really good feels anime (Massive tearjerker. I'm not even anywhere near the worst part and I've teared up to it >.<)

Ghost in the shell
Really feking cool sci fi anime movie. 

Attack on titan (Obligatory)

Death note (Really well made cat and mouse crime thriller where a college student finds a book that kills anybody who has their name written in it.)

Madoka magica (Magical girl anime)

Van Helsing is pretty badass as well. Going to leave it at that before the list gets any longer xD

If you like getting your view of magical girls get torn down, watch Madoka Magica.

Attack on Titan is basically mandatory.

If you don't mind fanservice, watch Kill la Kill.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is an amazing psychological thriller... like Madoka Magica.

• Brohoof 1

One I recommend is more comedy based than action based and more kid oriented but I recommend Doraemon. I found that to be a cute, funny show that's also really bizarre. It involves a futuristic cat with tons of quirky gadgets and his friend Noby having fun with gadgets.

Depends on what you like really.

my favorites include: Darker than Black,  Ghost in the Shell,  Cowboy Bebop,  Durarara,  Samurai Champloo and Full Metal Alchemist

Also for the streaming sites, you can try Crunchyroll, or AnimeFlavor

• Brohoof 2

Crunchyroll is a great free streaming app for anime! Unfortunately, there are a lot of ads, but they have a TON of animes. I recommend:

Kotoura-San [netflix]

Sword Art Online [season 1 on netflix, season 2 on crunchyroll]

Ouran High School Host Club

There is a website called " kissanime ". They are always updating and have tons of anime. Account is free and simple to make!

As far as actual animes go, here is a list. Keep in mind, that I tend to lean towards action, with hints of comedy.

1. Hokuto no ken ( Seriously. Gotta represent my favorite fighting anime of all time. Also known as fist of the North Star)

2. Lupin the III ( old, but hilarious. Follows the adventures of thieves in the 70's.)

3. Orphen ( An action anime with a small dose of horror. Sorcery is big in this anime.)

4. Berserk ( action packed. Dear lord, is it bloody. But if you need a war anime with swords and spears, here Is your go-to)

5. Yu Yu Hakusho ( another fighting favorite. Great fight scenes and memorable characters. I was very saddened when it ended.)

6. Claymore ( action with a lot of horror infused. I'd dare say it's around the bloodiness of berserk.)

7. Ruroni Kenshin ( an older anime following the journey of a Samurai who uses a reverse-blade sword to subdue rather than kill.)

8. Gurren Lagann ( Just who the hell do you think you are if you haven't watched this?)

9. Tokyo Ghoul ( action. Makes you wonder who is right and who is wrong in this one.)

10. Monster ( suspense/chiller. A Japanese surgeon in Germany wishes to fix a mistake he wishes he never made: saving the life of a young boy who would become a monster.)

That's my list. In addition, I vouch for many of the above mentioned.

Yu Yu Hakusho

Darker Than Black

Death Note

Dragon Ball Z (I'm sure you've never heard of that one)

Trigun

Outlaw Star

Azumanga Daioh!

Claymore (though it cuts off abruptly; while the manga kept going)

Escaflowne (Vision of Escaflowne)

Gun Sword (was fun)

Angel Beats (prepare for the tears)

Mr. Stain on Junk Alley (computer animated; brilliant but sometimes deeply disturbing)

Any wacky workplace anime comedies lol

Films:

Akira

Tekkon Kinkreet

Anything Miyazaki (not the name of a film)

A few of my personal favourites:

• Cowboy Bebop (A 'space western'. Set in a worn-down future, follows the lives of a group of bounty hunters on their ship, the Bebop.)
  • Orphan (An old fantasy anime. Hard to describe it, but it's very good, quite unique, and rather obscure.)
  • Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Much newer, extremely good series.)
  • Blue Submarine No. 6 (This is a 4 episode OVA. It's deep, it has a very unique setting, and I highly recommend it.)
  • Serial Experiments Lain (Deliciously creepy, and will make you question the very fabric of reality.)
  • Fruits Basket (A slice of life with a magical twist, much 'lighter' than the others but it'll still probably make you cry.)

A lot of my favourite series tend to be quite deep, with interesting settings and weighty moral dilemmas. Of those I listed, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Fruits Basket are probably the most 'accessible', and are much newer than the others. (A lot of my favourites are from the late 90's)

Also, if you really really just want more light, fluffy magical-girl anime, watch Card Captor Sakura. It's adorable.  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Lotta good suggestions here, but I can't help but notice that no one has mentioned my personal favorite...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, a series that follows generations of the Joestar bloodline (a different one for each part, of which there are 8 so far, although the anime is only at Part 3). From Part 3 onwards, the series revolves primarily around "stands", physical manifestations of spiritual energy that the characters do battle with. The anime is available on Crunchyroll, and if you want to read the manga the best place is probably Batoto. One word of advice: when it comes to JoJo, you can never be too careful of spoilers. That's kind of a given, seeing as the manga is nearly 30 years old, but it's still kind of ridiculous how easy it is to run into them.

• Brohoof 1

I will recommend some of my favorites.

Hoshi no Kirby (Japanese version of Kirby Right Back at Ya!)

FullMetal Alchemist (2003 or Brotherhood)

One Piece

Hopefully this helps. ;)

Fullmetal alchemist all the way my favorite anime, as you can tell by my sig

You want it? You got it!

Some stuff I like would be:

-Needless. story about a group of super powered humans living in a post apocalyptic quarantine zone in japan called the Black Spot, and their attempts to battle the Simion corporation that seeks to impose dictatorial rule and harvest their powers. It's actually a hell of a lot more comedic and filled with fanservice than it sounds. If you like Kill La Kill or Gurren Lagann, you'll like this. 

-Rosario Vampire. About a boy who finds out he's mistakenly enrolled in a high school where the students are actually supernatural monsters in disguise, and about how he becomes the object of affection for quite a few of them. 

-Dragonauts. A futuristic anime where humans pilot humanoids who transform into mechanized dragons, and fight against each other, a paranoid government on earth, a tyrannical government on Mars and an oncoming planet destroying body called Thanatos. 

-Ronin Warriors. Now here's an old one. It's about 5 men who are granted the powers of the ancient Ronin Warriors, and use them to battle the Dark Spirit Tulpa and his warriors as they attempt to instil a dark kingdom on earth. Sorta power rangers/ super sentai esq. It used to be on Toonami during from 99-00. First anime broadcasted in america uncut. 

-Hand Maid May. Story about a computer nerd who accidentally orders a doll sized android maid and blunderingly tries to keep her from being seized by the company that made her, turning oncoming enemies into sympathetic friends along the way. 

-Comic Party Revolution. Tales of various otaku, doujinshi artists and cosplayers as they all hang out, explore relationships, balance their craft with life and deal with the bizarre situations and characters that only anime conventions and fandoms could spawn. 

-Genshiken. Pretty much the same as above, except it also includes a normal girlfriend trying to understand the ways of her Otaku boyfriend and his compatriots. 

-Doujin Work. Also similar themes to above, except it's from the POV of a girl who's trying her hand at underground comics to make a quick buck, but has to get sucked into otaku culture to do so. 

-Steel Angel Kurumi. Takes place in the early 1900's. About a shinto priest in training who accidentally reawakens a superpowered female android with a kiss, and now has to deal with her loyal affections and the attempts of the japanese government and a secret organization to take control of her. Caution: Contains nudity & girl on girl romance. 

-Kampfer. About a high school guy who is given a strange stuffed animal by his crush. But when he wakes up one day to find the animal talking, and a blue bracelet on his wrist, he learns that he's been made part of an ongoing struggle between Kampfers, warriors endowed w/ special weapons and powers, who battle Kampfers of different colors. Problem is, you have to be a woman to be a Kampfer, as our hero learns the hard way. 

-Jing: The Bandit King. Takes place in a fantasy world where a thief named Jing and his talking crow Kier, steal  objects of great worth for one reason or another, helping out those they can along the way. Has a similar style and atmosphere to Soul Eater. 

-Karin. Story about a vampire girl in japan, who once a month experiences an increase in blood, and has to transfer that blood to her victims. If she doesn't, it all ends in a super massive nosebleed. 

-Kashimashi. Story about a shy guy who gets turned down by his crush. While pondering fate upon a mountain top an alien ship crashes into it  and kills him. In penance, the aliens rebuild him, but get his gender wrong. So now he/she must now readjust to life as the opposite sex, flee from the prying eyes of the press, deal with the aliens, and managed his/her now reworked relationships.

-Strawberry Panic. Story about a new girl at a prestigious all girls academy, as she adjusts to campus life, breaks a few rules, makes lots of rather close friends, and becomes the object of interest for the schools most notorious womanizer, who is also the most popular girl in school. Caution: girl on girl romance (obviously). 

That is all.

for now...

(edited)

• Lucky star
  • no gamearrow-10x10.png no life

if you like magic girl stuff like sailor moon, you may like.

• Madoka Magica

here are some more.

• logarrow-10x10.png horizon
  • Yuru yuri
  • asatte no houkou
  • Sword art online, along with it newer story arcs.
  • Maria Holic
  • AKB0048

If you're worried about becoming an otaku after watching some of these.

img-3640906-1-9dZskTj.gif

it was going to happenarrow-10x10.png at one point or another. :fluttershy:

Edited by Lucky Star