Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Starve to death or drown (to death)?

iDashingRainbow

Starve or Drown?  

101 users have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Starve
    • Drown

suffocating is one of my fears.... so I'd rather starve....

but also starve myself from water so that I'd dye in 3 days rather than possibly weeks of torment.

death by dehydration is a lot more painful than death by starvation.... trust me.....

• Brohoof 1

I'd go with drowning, definitely. Even with how much I hate myself, death by starvation is way too brutal with the physical and emotional agony involved.

• Brohoof 3

Both of them scare the hell out of me, but I guess drown cause it would be quick. Starving to death just sound long, and drawn out, which I care to have no part of. If I could I would like to avoid both you dig. :unsure:

I can see starving being the more painful death but I'd still choose it. The feeling of holding my air for longer than I can sounds terrifying because I used to hold my breath at times and even holding it a few seconds longer than I should have was unbelievably painful.

My choice is starvation. Imagining how "painless" I feel when waking up dehydrated because I tend to cover myself quite heavily with blankets despite not needing them, even close to feeling unconcious, makes me think that starvation is the easiest solution for me to pick.

That's a tough one. I would have to go with drowning to death. It's much quicker than starving to death, and you don't have to suffer as long. Besides, at least when you drown, you won't die hungry. Dying hungry would be an awful way to go... :(  

I choose starvation as it's not dehydration, If you starve and dehydrate you suffer from dry skin and painful swallowing but s long as you drink fluid and its just starvation you surprising don't suffer besides hunger and then eventually die in your sleep from malnurishment. So starving ties into the least worry some death which is dying in sleep.

If i were to choose my own way of dying it would be by jumping off the worlds tallest building and land head first as an impact that severe would immediately smash your skull like it was made of glass and render your brain useless so your nerve signals would be too scrambled to send your body pain and would die quite peacefully besides the scary before moments of falling to your demise.

Wow this topic is a little on the darker side. ^_^

Now in terms of which I'd rather, much like many people already said, drowning.

Primarily because it takes much less time. No matter how excruciating it is, I'd much rather that than waiting for my body to decay into nothingness.

Maybe drown cuz they could still do CPR and save me.

(sorry if this doesn't count ^^')

Edited by LatinoChurro

• 3 weeks later...

I'd rather drown. If I had to die, I'd want it to be as painless as possible. While the pain and suffering that goes with drowning would be terrible, it wouldn't compare with weeks of agony as my body eats itself.

(edited)

This is kind of dark of a topic, but I would probably choose drowning based on my "partial experiences ;) " with it.

I think starving would probably turn very painful due to electrolyte imbalances and stuff like that.

Drowning on the other hand is... weird. I was only scared of water until about middle school. In high school I finished all my swim test stuff very early in the class so I got bored so I decided to try and swim lengths (olympic size) underwater ON ONE BREATH. I always told the teacher to keep an eye on me when I did it. You have to battle your lungs involuntarily trying to inhale after a while. To get around this I would let out tiny bits of air at a time and "fake inhale" by moving my diaphragm down after letting out a tiny bit of air. After 3 lengths my lungs stop trying to involuntarily breathe in and this "warm buzzy" feeling (kind of like if your arm is asleep) starts to move inward from your toes and fingers toward the middle of your body. Getting toward the end of my 4th length my vision would start tunneling and turning black. :confused: The end of that 4th lap is where I would stop because I don't think an ambulance ride sounds too fun :lol: .

More recently I was at my cottage and some neighbors had a GIANT raft thing and I came over to it on an inter-tube. The wind caught my raft while I was on the big raft so I decided to swim after it. VERY BAD IDEA!!!! The wind was pushing it faster and faster and the water was quickly deeper than my height. I was swimming very fast and was getting exhausted. Then all of the sudden I got this eerily peaceful feeling to "stop swimming." I quickly recognized this as a VERY BAD THING and an extreme case of NOPE came over me and I somehow BARELY caught up to my runaway inter-tube. It took over 2 minutes to catch my breath and was the most exhausted I've ever been in my life. It's also the closest I've ever been to drowning. I was probably about 1/8 to 1/4 mile from where I started. Had I been actually drinking with the other people on the big raft I probably would be be dead. :wau:

I would imagine actually sucking in water would be painful, but based on my experiences I think that would go away rather quickly.

Edited by Cirrus.