Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

4.2 Earthquake in Michigan ... any other pony fell that ?

Platium Red Tail

There was a 4.2 Earthquake in Michigan today and for us that like BIG .... ... but all that happen was a plastic chair fell over and small damage.

So did any other pony fell that ? 

PS : I know other places in the USA get them but in Michigan we have not gotten an earthquake like that in like that in .......FOREVER  !!!

( well when I was very young there was a big one in 1999 I know cuz I got scared and knocked over my Lego village back when they sold the medieval sets and I was like 4 when it happen )   

I live in Illinois so I did not feel it.

But I know someone who does love in Michigan.

• Brohoof 1

I live in Illinois, too.  But even if I could have been close enough to feel it... I doubt it would have woken me up.  I've slept through some crazy storms before.  Even when lightning struck my neighbors tree half a block down the road, I didn't know it til I woke up after the storm passed.  I was like "dafuq happened to that tree?" and mom said "HOW did you not hear that!?"  Lmao.  :P 

~ Miles

These things really aren't as uncommon as you'd think. Yeah, it's unusual for places that don't usually get earthquakes to get them, but it is bound to happen eventually.

I've been through a few small quakes before. But they were pretty brief and all that happened was that the furniture vibrated. 

I'm in Wisconsin, so I was probably the closest out of anyone here and I didn't feel anything. I was in my store's second story break room, so it's not surprising. Didn't hear anything from other employees coming up so it probably never reached us. 

(edited)

I heard about this...  Some of my LOCAL friends mentioned it! (fellow Michigander here!) I was mowing the lawn when it occurred apparently so I didn't know about it.

{EDIT} My dad said he felt it! Really lightly, but he felt it.

Edited by colt_following