Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Scariest/Creepiest VHS/TV Logos from your Childhood

James A Williams

What are the scariest/creepiest VHS and TV logos you've seen in your childhood?

Mine were Carlton Video (1995):

Castle Vision (1987):

BBC Video (1981):

Warner Vision International:

and Channel 5 Video (1986):

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

How come no one has mentioned this one yet?

This thing used to scare/creep the crap out of me and probably many others as well.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 8

This thing used to scare/creep the crap out of me and probably many others as well.

When I was little, I made a fort out of blankets and slept in it so the klasky csupo guy wouldn't eat me in my sleep. I was scared of him quite a bit as a kid.

You know what? I think they got pleasure out of scarring us for life.

Oh my God, it looks like a person's head trapped in a burlap bag. It's like the message of that logo was, "This is the fate of those who besmirch our name." Terrifying!

I remember seeing this logo. I think it's not as scary as BND because it was shown at the end of Rugrats episodes and after the non-scary theme and also there's the funny cartoony sound effects at the end.

This one scared me at a young age.

I wasn't scared of this one in particular, but I had a friend in year 7 who was scared of this logo. He was 12. 

• Brohoof 1

Gonna be honest here, I found this logo funny as a kid. I can't point out exactly why, but I think the reason because was the silly cartoon noises and that weird human face. Then again I found many things funny as a kid that were otherwise scary to other kids. :P

• Brohoof 1

The music in this literally gave me nightmares as a kid. ;_;

• Brohoof 1

The Columbia Tristar Home Video logo creeped me out as a kid:

Especially when it was shown before The Grudge movie series started, because the woman would switch and turn into the Grudge ghost.

• Brohoof 1

You all are going to laugh at me.... 

This startup and the sound used to scare me as a kid a bit. My mom used to play resident evil 1 & 2 when I was younger and I used to watch her play that game so I guess it kind of tied into the playstation startup being scary mlp-cpwhat.png

• Brohoof 2

For me it was sorta scary and cool to look at (the music was pretty catchy also). :)

This startup and the sound used to scare me as a kid a bit. My mom used to play resident evil 1 & 2 when I was younger and I used to watch her play that game so I guess it kind of tied into the playstation startup being scary sig-3756014.mlp-cpwhat.png

It might have scared me a little when I first watched that one. But later on, I found it pretty spine-chillingly cool to watch and listen. :)

• Brohoof 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAhvQoLpvsM

This startup and the sound used to scare me as a kid a bit. My mom used to play resident evil 1 & 2 when I was younger and I used to watch her play that game so I guess it kind of tied into the playstation startup being scary sig-3756014.mlp-cpwhat.png

I've always kinda liked that startup. It sounds chilling, yet it also sounds rather gorgeous. I can see why other kids would be scared of that startup, though.

It isn't as worse as this, though. Every time I see this come up, it never fails to scare me. It doesn't help that half of my PS1 games are already filthy and would come up with this creepy startup instead. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ92RVruaxs

• Brohoof 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPnWBG4Xw_U

I always thought THIS Columbia TriStar logo was way more creepy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVNjwBeQk0Y

The music in this is much more creepier and booming, also the animation of the pegasus is a bit scary (the second shot of it looks like it's backing it's muzzle away from your face and is about to attack you when it opens it's wings).