Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Are you still in touch with your childhood friends?

Muffinnz

No, they weren't really interested in this stuff. Besides one, but he was an arrogant peasant who looked down on others and I didn't need this in life. :D We were more like a small group of outsiders, just hanging out in school to not be alone all the time. One or two of them were actually really nice! Looking back, those two were really considerate of my feelings. :coco:

All my friends drifted apart or I moved away.  I pretty much lived in one spot for a year and then moved again to another city so making friends was a bit difficult for me so after a while, I gave up on it, if people wanted to talk to me, cool but beyond that pretty much stuck with myself.

Absolutely!

Although it's not as regular as before, we have a tradition of meeting up with each other during the Holidays. 

Also, I will soon to be moving near another childhood friend of mine, so we should be getting in more frequent contact.

(edited)

I've been friends with my best friend since 2nd grade, and for almost ten years we lived not too far from each other. But then about 5 years ago I moved six hours away from him, so I only ever get to see him maybe once a year. I saw him for the first time in almost two years just this past June, so that was really nice. He was pretty much my only real friend growing up, and while I've met a few other people on Discord and here on the forums, they're also all long-distance. :blush: 

Edited by King of Canterlot
  • Brohoof 1

Nah.

Not that I had more than 2 at a time, desu.

But one of them ditched me so he could start hanging out with the popular kids, the other didn't hang out with me since middle because we were in different schools and now he's married with children.

Ironically, I keep in touch with my late college years friends and only one friend from highschool, but none of my childhood friends.

• Brohoof 2

Nope. I broke contact with all of them. Because they were all f****** terrible people. One was especially toxic constantly treating me like a child and talking down to me and invalidating my opinions. So glad I got rid of her. The others just acted up a lot and occasionally treated me like garbage. So yeah no. Barely had any friends anyways though. 

• Brohoof 1

No. I ghosted them like 6 or 7 years ago. They became very toxic to me and even laughed when I mentioned that I'm into boys or that I was diagnosed with anxiety. Since then I met a lot of new people from the fandom, where some of them were the same, but many were supportive and I even met my current best friend. It did change me, my behaviour and my views very much in a positive way.

• Brohoof 1

I had a lot of childhood friends, I kept none. Until a few years ago, I still spoke with one but she went to a distant university and she was never active online so we lost touch completely.

I still have friends from high school, but not really earlier. There is an old elementary friend who moved that I need to reconnect with someday. There are people from elementary school that I'm friends with on FB, but I know that doesn't mean much. We just keep updated, but not usually by direct contact.

Nope, unless you count my parents.

For me elementary school, middle school, high school, college and post-college all had completely different friend groups; nobody ever stayed in touch beyond any of those transitions.

I still talk to my best friend and others from high school, but nothing really earlier than that.

Err, I kinda still keep in touch with 3 childhood friends, so nvm.

(edited)

Nope, I don't keep in touch with my childhood friends. I don't keep in touch with anyone from grade/high school either. :P

Edited by Yakamaru

I hate to say it but, with the very obvious exception of all of you, I only have two really true friends that I keep in contact with regularly. Everyone else I either drifted apart from or realised that they were terrible people who liked to do nothing but mock everything I love. Until recently, it felt very lonely... until I joined here. ;) Here, I have more friends than I have ever had anywhere and that couldn't be more true. With all of you by my side, I no longer feel lonely at all. I realise now that there are people in this world who are exactly like me and hold a certain show so close, which are all of you. :) I also have six true, true friends who aren't human...

latest?cb=20190416043004&path-prefix=pro

'You can have everything in the world and still be the loneliest man.' -Freddie Mercury.

For my elementary school friends, I still am but we hardly hang out. The rest I don't. But I do know most of my middle school friends are now married and have kids, which me personally is kinda eh..weird. Just to think as kids, all we cared about is playing sports, anime and not a care about relationship or girls and this happened. 

No I’m not in touch with my childhood friends. Once I left school I left my acquaintances there behind me as well. My family has moved too many times for me to stay in touch with my friends from other aspects of my life either. So I have my current friends and that’s it, which is just fine. 

• Brohoof 1

We were like gemini with a friend of my childhood. To such degree that this stirred up the repressed trauma of a male teacher who insinuated we were gay with a derogative term, in the primary of military school. Perhaps, the notion of emotional expression was beyond the rigid preconceptions of "masculinity" taught to our teacher. The ease with which we showed emotion to each was a rare sight for children of that age. This really hurt him, there was so much pain externalized as anger inside his eyes, he was looking at us, but in reality his eyes pointed inwards into the past.
Perhaps this child inside a grown's man body, wished he could have been allowed to be a human being above being a "man" during his upbringing.

The day of our departure. I said "see you never" to my friend. I didn't know why. But, somehow, inside of me I knew it was to be true. And it was true, up to this day.

Next time we see each other, it will probably be in the interlife state after we leave our current bodies. Our life purpose fulfilled.