Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do touch screens make you mad?

Night Wing

For phones I can kind of see the point. The device needs to be small enough to fit in your pocket. Physical keyboards on phones sucked for everything apart from scrolling and typing numbers.

For Android there are some pretty cool alternative keyboards that let you type by dragging your finger across the letters and figuring out what word you meant by the general shape you drew over the keyboard rather than what individual keys you hit. This works surprisingly well, and I can type almost as quickly as I can on my laptop.

For larger devices touch screens just seem to be a sign that the manufacturer is favouring fashion over utility.

Normal touchscreens annoy me nowadays since I discovered touchscreens with optional pens, which is why I prefer those that have this feature. If you actually use the pen, touchscreens with optional pens also minimize smudges and are extremely precise. I'll be really sad if Samsung messes up the Note series this year and onward. They already messed up the S6. SD card+user replaceable battery, or no buy.

Edited by bronislav84

Small touch screens make me mad. "Yeah, punch this 1 cm button on this phone designed for squirrels" no, fuck you.

When it comes to videogames, yes. Touch screens are terrible for videogames. I'd rather have physical controls.

Also, the keyboards. Typing is so fast on an actual keyboard, but I'm a little slower on touch-screen texting because my fingers are too big and I sometimes hit the wrong letter.

• 4 years later...

No, as long as the thing with the touch screen is necessary. Example, soda machines with touch screens are super unresponsive and extremely slow. I don't think they need to be touch screen.

The only thing that can bother me is the damn keyboard, but this depends on the device. My phone's keyboard is fine for the most part and I have little issues with it. On the other side my Fire HD10 tablet, it's keyboard is garbage in a can. It is a source of frustration from time to time. It even has a glitch that if I type the first letter of a sentence and hit the second letter too fast, it will input the first letter twice for no reason. Honestly the Fire HD10 just isn't a good tablet.

It depends. Touch screen computers and TVs kind of irritate me cause, what's the point of even using a keyboard or remote then? And they have the tendency to get dirty fingerprints all over them. :yeahno:

• 7 months later...

Touch screens make me mad, especially the low budget ones, where you press over and over, and nothing happens! :glimmer:

Our fingers were never meant to be mouse cursors, they are too fat! :yeahno:

• Brohoof 2