Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How sensitive are you to touch?

Meson Bolt

This might require an explanation.

I was at the barber shop just a little bit ago, and after receiving my haircut the barber proceeded to perform a little therapeutic massage, for my back, shoulders and neck. Apparently that's a normal thing here in South Korea so... :v

Anyway, I was not cool with it. I was already a little tense, and this didn't help me loosen up at all. I'm very sensitive on my neck, shoulders and back, and pretty much everywhere else except my hands. I don't like being touched in general, so I guess I'm just sensitive all around.

That being said, in order to not be rude, I just sort of sat through it and endured it, squirming uncomfortably the whole time.

So, are you sensitive to being touched? And if so, where?

• Brohoof 3

I'm not that sensitive, but I also don't like to be touched most of the time. So, I guess possibly somewhat sensitive.

1 hour ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

So in short, this, except more...punchy?

Yes except...for some reason I didn't really picture SpongeBob in my head when I was thinking of dispensing violence. Maybe I should rethink the possibilities. :mlp_ooh:

For me it depends on WHO is touching me and WHAT part of my body is being touched...I'm also super ticklish, like everywhere :laugh:, so, that being said...yeah I am very sensitive to touch. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

For me it depends on WHO is touching me and WHAT part of my body is being touched...I'm also super ticklish, like everywhere :laugh:, so, that being said...yeah I am very sensitive to touch. 

Me too. Anyone else Touching my neck automatically makes me flinch with laughter.

• Brohoof 1

I'm very sensitive to touch. I don't even like massages, they are not comfortable to me, just overwhelming. I also have an aversion to being touched altogether which is a separate matter. Just don't touch me. Simple.

I'm fairly sensitive to it. Part of why I keep my nails long I'd so the underside of my fingertips don't touch anything. It feels really weird and uncomfortable.

Okay, very. People touching me bothers me, unless I feel comfortable with them doing so and it doesn't feel awkward.

Edited by ~Dusky~

I'm actually not sensitive at all. In fact, in marching band I'd bang my head as hard as I could into stuff to make people laugh (it worked every time, so I just kept doing it). I used to do so much dumb shit to get people to like me.

I have never given it much thought, but thinking of it now, I actually think I am very sensitive to touching by other people, if that makes sense. Like I am not fond of most people touching me in any capacity, this applies to most friends and family too. It just makes me feel rather uncomfortable and on edge. I am autistic so that could be a factor, that combined with my anxiety disorder. So I guess I am not sensitive in terms of any kind of pain, but rather it is a sensory thing I guess.

I'm very sensitive to touch, pretty much everywhere. This is likely on account for my sensory issues, but it has been a problem since I was little.

scared_fluttershy_by_gamemasterluna_d76umut-pre.thumb.png.5e7a71766e993b8a4ff0f4854a5159b6.png

I get easily overwhelmed from even the slightest of pokes when I'm not expecting it. I'm not sure why, but I think it may remind me of traumatizing experiences in the past, and for that reason, I would feel like I'm in danger or something. Or it just may be my paranoia of everything, I don't really know. It's kinda hard to understand myself.

• Brohoof 1

I would say I can be sensitive to touch. It really depends on where i’m being touched, by whom, and why. I received a massage at a spa recently and I took it well but some parts were rather painful. I’m sure some people could get the same massage and not find that same part painful. I deal with tattoos well but my skin becomes more sensitive as the hours go by.

• Brohoof 1

Boi I am a sensitive soul (even though I don’t like being sensitive and develop DAT THICC skin) so me being touched is going to put me on a state of paranoia. I bet they touched me to extract information out of me (wears a tin foil hat and covers my whole body in tin foil).

That or they just like touching people. I find those kind of people suspicious and strange.

However, if you touch me by accident then I can let it slide.

If I touch someone its usually by accident since I don’t intend to touch people. I do apologize though in the end to the people I’ve accidentally touched.