Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who knows you're a brony/pegasister?

Moniker

Nope no one. I intend to keep it that way, just because the black stereotype is strong in my town and I don't want anymore trouble. 

I posted that I was a proud pegasister on facebook.

I'm always defending My Little Pony because there are a lot of people who have never seen it and just judge bronies off of stereotypes.

I'm always posting about being a pegasister, and I even have pinkie pie as my cover photo.

Plus, I think it's obvious to everyone because I have a pinkie pie purse.

It's actually quite funny, because it seems like pegasisters would seem to be more open about it, but I'm just one of the those weird pegasisters that only tells those that I trust. Three people I know know. My mother, my sister and my best friend. My dad would judge me for it, yet I've talked to my sis about MLP so much, he probably has figured it out. Who knows? My dad could even be a brony :P

There's still a stigma attached even for women, though.  MLP is supposed to be one of those things you grow out of. So ladies get more of a "you still like that?" rather than "you actually like that?"

As for myself, I don't hide it from everyone, but I'll only tell certain people.

With my family, I'm only really comfortable with my sister knowing about this, however, her husband and their friend both know as well. It was kind of impossible to hide since my computer desk had blind bags all over it. At the time I was living at my Mom's old house after she moved in with my stepdad, and I figured there wouldn't be much danger of her going into my room and seeing my small collection. Then I heard her say she went in to take a look at my cat, I got nervous and eventually blabbed. (As it turned out, she only looked in there and didn't see anything, good job, me).  She had no problem with it, I guess, but I would have been my preference to spare her that information. Fortunately, I think she's forgotten about the whole deal since it's been almost a year since I last brought up the subject with her.

For others, I'd have to know them well and make sure they like something just as embarrassing so they can't give me any crap for it. And there's no way in hell I'd let any of my coworkers know something like this about me.

• Brohoof 1

Most of my close friends know that I'm a Brony but they don't really care. They have admitted to me that they find it a bit weird that a 16 year old is watching a show for little girls but they're still fine with it.

My husband knows and I am trying to get him to watch the show. I was able to get him to watch the first two (cause I told him he wouldnt get it with just the first one)

Literally everybody that knows me. That means family, friends, classmates, etc. And it's not like I even talk about it much, but it's just something they end up noticing one way or another. Have I gotten teased/bullied for it? Sure, but the great thing about not giving any fecks, is that there were no fecks to give in the first place!  :twi:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

My mom and my friends. My mom found out when I asked her to repair my derpy plush, and my friends know because I have a poster of the mane 6's faces. I can understand the anxiety of not wanting to tell people you're a brony, but not me, I give no fucks.

Edited by Guest