Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ep 100 slice of life question? Spoliers

jaime_lion

So how ship-ish did you guys think the Lyra and bon bon dialogue was? I tend to see more than there is into things like that so I am wondering others opinions on them in the 100 ep. 

Also as far as doctor hooves do you think it was due to copyright that they didn't have a Tardis and such? I did like the kind of mix of Doc Emmett Brown and The Doctor.

Thanks

I imagine that Lyra and Bon Bon are just friends but the dialogue could possibly be interpreted differently. Sometimes I thought it sounded like an old married couple bickering XD

As for the Doctor, I imagine copyright would be a bit of an issue

• Brohoof 1

I still believe in my mind that Lyra and Bon Bon are in a relationship. The Doctor on the other hand as LittleMac said, may be due to copyright. Hopefully the BBC won't sue the pants off of Hasbro.

• Brohoof 2

They didn't take it that far with Doctor Whooves so they will not get sued but some obvious references to Doctor Who there so basically the fandom Doctor Whooves is now canon and I felt like they hinted at DerpyXDr.Whooves as well.

As for Lyra and BonBon, they just seem like really good friends to me. I don't see them being in a relationship.

Lyra and SweetieDrops are not a couple.

They are just friends.

friends with benefits lol

But seriously, I think the show left it open to interpretation it's really up to you as to whether it is or is not a relationship

• Brohoof 3

Contrary to popular(?) belief, I believe question of whether Lyra and Bonbon were lesbians was left open to interpretation (what exactly was meant by "best friend"); both interpretations of them being close friends or in fact lovers would make sense. Unless I'm mistaken, you would still be correct in referring to your lover as friend.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Lyra and SweetieDrops are not a couple.

They are just friends.

You spelt BonBon wrong, you also misspelt more than as just. 

Edited by Brechard
  • Brohoof 1

I think it was a good move to leave open if Lyra and Bon Bon are just close friends or lovers and I don't think the show will confirm nor deny either 

Were they attracted to each other a chaste hug would probably not have been the end response, but rather a kiss. 

The Doctor didn't have a TARDIS because you expected his expression to mean that he was going to offer to take her back in time, but he didn't.  Otherwise it would have been kinda boring.  [Doc takes Derpy back and roll credits]

I also feel that Tavi and Vinyl are SISTERS. 

(edited)

Yeah, I think you're seeing something that isn't there. :P It's good that you acknowledged you do that and asked us, though - Shows some real self-awareness and maturity, if you ask me. :)

Big Jim on Twitter, if you're interested:

https://twitter.com/TheBiggestJim/status/609753614526119936

And if that wasn't enough to settle it:

https://twitter.com/M_A_Larson/status/608705364377239552

https://twitter.com/TheBiggestJim/status/608718990014152704

Edited by Knight Dash

I don't understand the whole shipping rage.  If certain characters are a couple, it's pretty well spelled out and understood.  The only area of a possible implied attraction between two ponies that I've seen is between Cheerilee and Big Mac.  Other than that, it's all pretty much right out there in daylight.

I thought the Lyra and Bon Bon dialogue was a little ship-ish, but the way they were animated and voiced were very ship-ish.  I don't think they are in a romantic relationship at the time, but I think they are definitely on their way there.  Someone involved with the creative process was intending to ship tease with those two.  I just can not believe that we got what we got as an accident.

As much best friend as Discord and Fluttershy or Spike and Rarity. Shippers may interpret it as something more but they are still officially friends and mlp director said so himself.

• Brohoof 2

You spelt BonBon wrong, you also misspelt more than as just. 

I didn't spell any name wrong. 

That is her actual name: SweetieDrops

I didn't spell any name wrong. 

That is her actual name: SweetieDrops

Normal names are boring though, Adam for instance is a boring name, when I could be called DoomGuy. or Cheese Wedge.

Normal names are boring though, Adam for instance is a boring name, when I could be called DoomGuy. or Cheese Wedge.

I like Cheese Wedge.

That's a good one

(edited)

I don't understand the whole shipping rage. If certain characters are a couple, it's pretty well spelled out and understood. The only area of a possible implied attraction between two ponies that I've seen is between Cheerilee and Big Mac. Other than that, it's all pretty much right out there in daylight.

Cheerilee and Big Mac are definitely not attracted to each other. They LAUGHED at the possibility although they did say (emphatically) that they are friends.

Re: sweetie drops, i guess it's a shoutout to the G1 fans

Edited by manic
  • Brohoof 2

Cheerilee and Big Mac are definitely not attracted to each other. They LAUGHED at the possibility although they did say (emphatically) that they are friends.

But Cheerilee swooned when Big Mac was lip syncing Flutterguy's voice and looked up at him all dreamily! There may be something there that they wanted to keep from those meddling kids and their dog the CMC.

But Cheerilee swooned when Big Mac was lip syncing Flutterguy's voice and looked up at him all dreamily! There may be something there that they wanted to keep from those meddling kids and their dog the CMC.

Heh, possible, although I saw it more as a *omg it's Michael Buble* way ;)

• Brohoof 1

I would mostly agree, but there was one exchange between them in Filli Vanilli that seemed like there may be something more there.