Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Celestia underused?

Grumpy Enchantress

Hell yes she is

I often wonder if the writers care for her at all. Luna has gotten plenty of episodes and even Cadance has had her time in the spotlight as well. Meanwhile 5 seasons in and Celestia has jackshit. If she does appear it's usually for exposition. It's really sad that only two episodes in the last few seasons had appearances for Celestia really worth mentioning(Princess Twilight and Make Friends and Keep Discord)

I wouldn't be surprised if they often forget about her either. I remember and Inspiration Manifestation, when Twilight talks about fixing Spike's mess she mentions having the help of Cadance and Luna...and Celestia was unsurprisingly left out...Honestly that kind of ticked me off

• Brohoof 1

There's probably going to be an episode soon enough, or a few, just on the lives of the Princess's! At least I hope x3.

Yeah, she isn't featured enough in my opinion.

Celestia is best background princess lol

J/K

They need to make an episode thats just Celestia and Luna

Did you read the Luna microcomic? You might like it.

I would say she is underused, but what can they really do with her? Considering the series has to dedicate time to the Mane 6, CMC, and Spike largely, what else is there? Granted Luna gets some time, but in the grand scheme of things it's not much. She's played a supporting role to the CMC because she's the dream queen, and she's only had one dedicated episode.

*Shrugs*

Because celestia has to do loads of shit, as where the others aren't as responsible. She is essentially the queen, while the others are princesses, in terms of what they do.

Just because she is powerful don't mean she gotta be in every episode.  

I think she's underused. She makes a lot of conventional appearances in the background or in adventure episodes; but we don't really get any insight into who she is. She never gets the spotlight, she always hangs on the edge of it. She doesn't take any direct role in dealing with metaphysical evils that show up from time to time, but the majority of those are delegated to Twilight. I think what Celestia needs is a slice of life episode of her very own. Luna and Cadance have theirs, why not Celestia?

Kinda, but if she was always here she would solve most problems the characters are facing.

However, she really needs more character development. There hasn't been a single episode that focused only on her.

• Brohoof 1

Kinda, but if she was always here she would solve most problems the characters are facing.

However, she really needs more character development. There hasn't been a single episode that focused only on her.

Great point. The writers won't let her just exist. She's like the "adult" the "Mom" in the room and is rarely given a chance to be anything but that and perhaps she never can. She can't let the Royal mask down.

Yeah, although i love the occasional little scenes she gets that throw in a tiny bit of her personality at a time i still wish she got a bit more time actually doing anything in any episodes XD

Great point. The writers won't let her just exist. She's like the "adult" the "Mom" in the room and is rarely given a chance to be anything but that and perhaps she never can. She can't let the Royal mask down.

Hmm, I got a sudden image of the "mom" in Muppet Babies when I read that. And it seems fitting. You have these young ponies going around dealing with mythical creatures and magic, and once in awhile "mom" steps in to keep things in line.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What, 100 episodes and not of them is focused on Celestia? If you ask me, she's way too overexposed. How about more Twist? There's not nearly enough of her.

Yeah, she's underused.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 1

Kind of, their never was an episode dedicated just for her. She makes minor appearances in the episodes leading to Twilight becoming an alicorn, and a few others.  

I personally would love to see a Celestia related episode (especially as we have seen that she does has a fun side), so yes - I would say that Tia is definitely underused! 

She's underused and underpaid, boys.

I figure it's a matter of her being a maternal figure that they can't put too much spotlight on without degrading her role in the show or resolving plots too easily. With the heady position she has she probably benefits more from not showing up so much. Or I dunno, the writers probably don't care. They could probably whip up something suitable with Sun Butt with a bit of thought. Not that I'm complaining, Season 5's been fine so far without the Princess of the Sun.

Celestia is severely underused. We need a "Slice of life" episode with Celestia and Luna. "A Day in the Life of the Royal Sisters", something like that. 24 hrs with Luna and Celestia. 

Both Celestia and Luna are underused, most likely for the sake of the show. If Celestia solved every problem that arose in Equestria, each MLP episode would be twenty minutes of the Mane 6 sitting around. While I understand this, I'm hoping for an episode of just the two sisters, their everyday lives. In Slice of Life, we clearly saw that they fought like any other siblings, and the royal facade was just that - a facade. I'd love to see them interact while by themselves, because I know Celestia has a way more interesting personality than just the 'wise mentor' role she's meant to play.