Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Seriously everyone, there is literally no point anymore...

Harshreality

Okay, so if the title brought you this far then hear me out.

There is no point entertaining haters, or anyone else who dislikes the show. After countless con panels, documentaries, interviews and pleas for understanding, I have come to the conclusion that we will always be a hated fandom. These attempts to educate them never work, and so they will never change their minds about us.

Look at tumblr... People are still spreading false rumors about peadophiles at cons. People hate that r34 is drawn here, even though that applies everywhere else. People hate that grown men watch a show, even though that was part of Lauren's original intentions for the show to be enjoyable for everyone. Even on a list of the BEST CARTOONS OF THE 2010's you have ignorant people who have clearly never watched the show screaming that the show sucks and, I quote, "It's just stupid ponies dancing on rainbows."

My point is, these hateful misconceptions and stereotypes will not die, because for every one person a documentary educates, ten more haters just carry on hating. Next time you see someone blindly hating, just ignore them, because you know how petty they are and how wrong they are too. If nothing changed in five years, nothing will ever change.

I'm not saying we are a perfect fandom. We have an extensive list of problems, from constant arguing amongst ourselves, to the small amount of utter freaks lurking in the darkness. But I for one am sick and tired of the blatant hypocrisy, hate and ignorance thrown at us just because no-one expected us to exist in the first place.

Haters gonna hate. Don't feed the trolls.

• Brohoof 16

true enough, fact of the matter is that you can never please everyone, so there is no point in wasting time trying to, when you can spend it just blissfully enjoying the world of mlp.

• Brohoof 2

I realized this literally right after i finished the pilot episode. I was like "Oh dear God, I enjoy this". Which means that naturally other human beings will not.

You learn this right quick in other fandoms as well, its just that the MLP fandom is so eeassy to pick on because it goes against every social norm. You just learn that some people have no reason, an unwarranted drive, that some people just want is to watch the world burn.

• Brohoof 6

• 4 weeks later...

Even PewDiePie and Markiplier, possibly the most well-known YouTubers in the gaming community, have a group of people who hate them. It is humanely impossible to please everyone, and that's something we all have to live with. I've been ridiculed my entire life, not just for being a Brony but also for my autism. At this rate I just laugh and turn the other cheek.

I don't really ackowledge haters or trolls.

I think that it's funny when they try to bash the show because I know that they are only making themselves look stupid  ^_^

• Brohoof 2

We may be more hated than other fandoms.  But in all seriousness, f*** em, watch ponies, make art participate in meatups enjoy merch etc just ignore them they dont understand and cant understand Ill let them wallow in perversity.

I've been able to ignore every single insult hurled my way for watching MLP:FiM, and it's actually a skill I've honed.

I live in Alabama where homo-phobic, anti-progress, narrow-minded people run rampant... yet I can still go down to a cafe, have a cup of coffee, and play a game of the MLP card game with my good friends (some who aren't bronies) without so much as an eye-bat in our direction.

It's nice, really.  :)

Edited by Starfall_Quillwaver
  • Brohoof 1

for every one person a documentary educates, ten more haters just carry on hating.

But don't you see?  If the documentary reached just one person, then it was worth it.  (I do agree with most of your post, though.)

If nothing changed in five years, nothing will ever change.

Ok, this is where I'll have to call you out a little.  This isn't necessarily true.  If every hated group had stopped fighting after five years, then nothing would have ever changed, in the whole world, ever, ever.  We'd probably still have slavery.  Change takes time.  But we should never encourage haters by getting into pointless arguments with them.  Directly arguing with haters won't help anything.  You're right about that.  But we fight the good fight by continuing to educate, make documentaries, talk openly to those willing to listen, wear our bronydom proudly on our sleeves, and try to show at every opportunity that we're no worse or better than any other group.  We're just people like everyone else.

• Brohoof 2

Furries have it worse. People try to murder them and genuinely want them dead. There are haters like that for bronies, but it's not near as bad as it is with furries.

I'm a furry and a brony.

Edited by RarityFan01

While I agree with the main post, I also agree with what Justin said. Even if only one of ten people become more open-minded, or even accept it, then the mission has been accomplished. Who knows, maybe those people will even share their thoughts with others. If doing something has a positive effect, I'd say it's better than doing nothing. Of course, nothing is always better than arguing and whatnot.

I have been hated on for all kinds of things before I became a brony so I am used to it, I became much happier once I stopped caring and just enjoyed doing what makes me happy.

People on the Internet will hide anonymously behind their screens and spout hate, but people I meet in real life a very friendly towards bronies, and at the very worst they will say something like the show is gay but not one person irl has made fun of me for watching it.

People will usually target what they don't understand. Grown adults, most of them men, liking a show meant for little girls is something unexpected and unusual, so of course we become an instant source of hatred. I don't worry about it, because many people who insult the show and/or the fandom are misinformed and ignorant. I've rarely seen a decent argument against bronies.

• Brohoof 2

This is so true. You cannot please everyone. You cannot avoid offending someone. Heck, nowadays everyone gets offended by everything. Just continue loving and doing what you want to. It should never matter what others think of you or of our fandom over all. We are amazing, and we all know it ;)

post-34935-0-61778400-1439863352_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Trying to talk sense to an anti-brony is like trying to talk sense with a bot. You will not make any headway with them. There purpose there is to get a rise out of you once they get that they will be amused and then move onto the next victim.

I don't think we're really as hated as people think we are.  Every fandom has its share of haters and trolls.  Even Pokémon and Dragonball have haters (especially Pokémon; haters love calling Pokémon fans 'Furries').

More often than not, the popularity of a franchise or series is what generates haters.  So the fact that we have as many as we do, can only mean that the show is extremely popular and that the fanbase is massive.

I personally don't give a fu*k about haters, I mean, you don't like it? Ok, I actually don't care. You hate it? Well, of course, you're a 40 years old fat guy who still lives with his mom, so I guess that plays a part in screaming on people who enjoy something you don't. The best (and easiest) way to deal with them is to ignore them, they're useless in anybody's life.

Edited by Xeltor