Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when when you can't sleep?

Pixie Doodle

when i cant sleep i blast power metal to give me an adrenaline rush :D than, after a few minutes it crashes and i become tired as hell and fall to sleep

• Brohoof 1

I flip my blankets and pillow and sleep on the other end of the bed (upside down or whatever), strange but it seems to work for some reason.

I also have a cup or two of wine these days to slow down the thought processes a bit.

Not falling asleep right away was doesn't exist anymore for me so this is something I don't have worry about anymore. Now days due to having a constant schedule of late day works shifts I don't have to worry about getting up in the mornings so I only go to bed when I'm tired and can fall asleep easily.

Before this though I use to listen to clam music or ambient sounds depending on what I had a feel for.

If I can't sleep I lay in bed on my phone and either watch something like anime or youtube, or read/write fanfiction till I fall sleep. Usually takes a couple hours...

Do you at least use the Twilight app (not Twilight Sparkle lol) to tint and dim your screen? The brightness and natural colors of the screen aren't good for getting to sleep to, but rather they keep you awake.

Edited by Xiron

• 5 weeks later...

Listening to music, watching stuff or messaging friends that are online at the time always helps. 

Depends how late it is. If it's early on, probably stay up a little longer. If it's late, try to wreck myself until I can't stay awake anymore. Car manual, biochemistry, warm milk, lullabies, running until I can't feel my lungs shrivel up and fall off..

Edited by ARagY

• 3 weeks later...

What I usually do is just hang in there and remind myself "Each second you lie awake is a second wasted."

Sometimes if it's really bad though, I have other thoughts and visualizations that help.

Chillstep~ And if that doesn't work I start a sketch or browse the forums for a controversial topic and argue until I'm tired from thinking.

frig yea i listen to blackmill on a reg but personally to get to sleep i use theta waves scientifically proven to gewt one drowsy (-peeps with adhd[theta like adderal to them]) binural beats heres aan example warning: it will sound forign and creepy at first but the trick is to allow your mind to belive its going to work its the same concept as if you were going to see a hypnotist i.e: it will only work if you belive it will) 

• Brohoof 1

i fall asleep really easily when my partner is either in bed or in the room (playing games or music), but i hate sleeping alone. been alone since we moved house, but its only because he's still finishing work, then he'll be here this weekend, but yeah Ive had awful sleep these last few weeks and only two things seem to put me down. Watching youtube videos, mostly long lets plays. like a playlist of Game Grumps would do it. and the second thing is playing on my 3DS. both of these with the lights out just sends me off. just make sure to turn them off when you start dropping off. I think its programmed in my brain to get sleepy when looking at a screen in the dark because i did it so much when I was a kid, you know the playing games/reading with a torch under the covers after lights out. think thats why it sends me to sleep. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...