Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Epic bass drops or sick guitar solos?

TigerGeekGuy

22 users have voted

1. 1. Choose your weapon:

• Epic bass drops
    • Sick guitar solos
    • Both! 8D

These are two high points in a song that make me feel like dancing. Both can be rather intricate and complex. One belongs to rock and heavy metal music, the other belongs to "brostep." If I feel energetic, I prefer "bass drops" to solos. If I feel rather drained, a good guitar solo often energizes me.

If you listen to both these genres, do you have a preference? Or does it depend on your mood?

EDIT: Don't forget to vote on the poll. :)

Edited by AnotherTigerGeekGuy

@,

The guitar solo in Fantasy, by Earth, Wind & Fire from their 1990 tour in Japan.

4:21 for solo  :sneer:

---

tots means I'm for solos.

Edited by Guest

I can barely hear the bass in anything I listen to so guitar solos all the way. A couple of my favorites:

It's a great way to finish off that song.

The guitar in this song in general is just amazing.

• Brohoof 1

@,

The guitar solo in Fantasy, by Earth, Wind & Fire from their 1990 tour in Japan.

4:21 for solo  :sneer:

---

tots means I'm for solos.

The way he finished that solo was amazing. I've always been a fan of bluesy guitar solos. They have a certain...je ne sais quoi.

As you can infer based off my profile pic, I prefer the bass drop. It fits my every mood. I love techno and dubstep because they both are intricate and have astounding sound to them that seem to be uplifting in any case. Dj Pon3 is best pony.

• Brohoof 1

Ooh, now THIS, this is a surprisingly difficult decision. Guitar solos are incredibly fun to listen to and require quite a lot of skill to pull, making them rather impressive. Bass drops are not as skill taxing, but they are intense and can really pack a punch for whatever style the song has.

I think I will go with bass drops on this one, but only by a tiny tiny margin. It seems to fit my mood more often.

• Brohoof 1

Well, considering that drops are apart of EDM as a whole and not just Brostep or Dubstep, contrary to popular belief, and since I listen to EDM a majority of my time, Ill have to go with drops. Though, I wouldn't say they energize me more so than at least prepare me for what's next since that's their job.

• Brohoof 1

I like EDM, but for me, nothing is better than a epic guitar solo. I love guitar solo. My favorite is the second Solo from Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, especially the Live version from Pulse. It's music on the highest level in my opinion.

Here the Pulse version.