Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do people mistake your age?

Kyabetsuko

• 2 weeks later...

Already replied this but it does gets an annoying sometime when people especially the younger ones who thinks I’m younger than them like 23 or 20 when I’m actually 32. When I told them my actual age,  their “superiority” shrunk. I have to say, it always hilarious to me how they change the way they talk to me after they found out that I’m actually a lot older than them. Hate to be this guy with a superior complex but learned to respect your elder kids. :orly:

47 minutes ago, TBD said:

Already replied this but it does gets an annoying sometime when people especially the younger ones who thinks I’m younger than them like 23 or 20 when I’m actually 32. When I told them my actual age,  their “superiority” shrunk. I have to say, it always hilarious to me how they change the way they talk to me after they found out that I’m actually a lot older than them. Hate to be this guy with a superior complex but learned to respect your elder kids. :orly:

Does this mean that when you turn 80, you will be bothered by people who mistake you for being 50?

"I am not young, damn it! I am old and do not dare forget that!"

14 hours ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

Does this mean that when you turn 80, you will be bothered by people who mistake you for being 50?

"I am not young, damn it! I am old and do not dare forget that!"

Well if that means leaving me alone because people tends to avoid old grouch then yes. :nom:

My first post here was talking about how I'm always taken to be younger. Well... Now, not so much. In fact, I now get assumed to be a couple of years older than I am. D: How did I go from being mistaken to be 12 or under at age 21 to now being mistaken for a couple of years older in my 30s? Lol.  (at least my fear of my hair turning grey hasn't come to be yet, instead my hair has turned from black to dark brown. Weird)

23 minutes ago, Envy said:

My first post here was talking about how I'm always taken to be younger. Well... Now, not so much. In fact, I now get assumed to be a couple of years older than I am. D: How did I go from being mistaken to be 12 or under at age 21 to now being mistaken for a couple of years older in my 30s? Lol.  (at least my fear of my hair turning grey hasn't come to be yet, instead my hair has turned from black to dark brown. Weird)

Word for word; pretty much me. I remember back in my teens people mistook me for someone in their 20s and it's like...stahp. Granted I am in my 30s and I have gray in my hair and facial hair and...yah. 

I think everybody’s age gets mixed up. It’s the degree that we’re looking at.

Lately people think I’m older. Mask on I look younger.

1 hour ago, Envy said:

Put more lollls and emojis in your posts :P ! Let loose, say “omg” or other similar acronyms more :wacko: . If that effect is desire. It’s probably your level of English.

10 hours ago, DubWolf said:

Put more lollls and emojis in your posts :P ! Let loose, say “omg” or other similar acronyms more :wacko: . If that effect is desire. It’s probably your level of English.

I'm talking about IRL, though. Lol.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

People think I'm over 30 and a "grown ass adult", but I'm in my mid twenties lol

Edited by StarlightNyars

• 11 months later...

Oh yeah, a lot of people think I'm older than I actually am. Premature greying doesn't help either. :laugh:

When I was in my early twenties I was often mistaken as 17 or so. Then my looks caught up with my years in my mid-twenties and I looked appropriate for my age. Now that I’m in my thirties I think I look my age although I see a lot of my friends of the same age that look a lot older. I mean no insult to them but the older we get the more effort it takes to maintain the human meat suit, and not everyone is inclined to put up the fight.

• Hugs 1

Yeah. By the time I was 13 I was over 6ft tall, had full facial hair and a deep voice, so naturally I always looked much older than my age (I actually got into an argument with a train conductor about this once).

I'm 27 now, and if anything I think that I'm "reverse aging". Most people tell me that they think I look about 20, which makes me incredibly happy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna be 21 this year and I STILL get immediately ID'd when trying to buy anything 18+ and they never just look at it quickly either, they have to REEEALLY squint before letting me purchase,,