Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music MP3 File Download Sites?

Stoner Spike

What mp3 file downloader do you use, if any? I'm asking because lately I found a song I like a ton, and I can't find anywhere online to download it. The youtube to mp3 sites don't work either, as it says it's not supported on my phone. I need a direct download link. I've tried mp3skull, beemp3, 4shared, and a few other sites I don't remember the name of :P But yeah, which ones do you guys normally use?

Saturday Night at the Apollo - This Way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0Cb4Nm1cI

And if you can find that song with a direct download link, I'll love you forever :wub:

There you go. But I rather not say where I download free music because I'm a little paranoid that the FBI or somebody else might find out and take it down. ;p I use downloads.nl. It's pretty easy to use and most songs are on there. (:

This Way - Saturday night at the Apollo.mp3

Edited by Little Miss Fluttershy

I've tried the converter sites.

The youtube to mp3 sites don't work either, as it says it's not supported on my phone. I need a direct download link.

Filestube doesn't work, and youtube-mp3 doesn't work.

There you go. But I rather not say where I download free music because I'm a little paranoid that the FBI or somebody else might find out and take it down. ;p I use downloads.nl. It's pretty easy to use and most songs are on there. (:

I LOVE YOU. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Torrents.

No linking cause some get over-excited when pasting direct links to sites.

Best quality directly, no additional hoops to jump.

Not too efficient if you don't want entire albums, however.

Not too efficient if you don't want entire albums, however.

Yeah.

Cause I rather torrent whole Discographies rather than one song that will get lost in my one-and-half tera collection.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I use keephd.com to download a YouTube video and then avidemux to rip the soundtrack right out of it with no re-encoding whatsoever. A little roundabout, but it gives you the best possible sound quality when a direct download of the song isn't available.

The video saves to the system and then you can rip the track from it, or you can rip the track without saving the video?

And this would work on a phone?

Sorry, but I have to ask. My laptop doesn't have the driver for this kind of device, meaning I can only charge it on my laptop...

My fingers are crossed.

Edited by Stoner Spike

The video saves to the system and then you can rip the track from it, or you can rip the track without saving the video?

And this would work on a phone?

Sorry, but I have to ask. My laptop doesn't have the driver for this kind of device, meaning I can only charge it on my laptop...

My fingers are crossed.

No... probably won't work on a phone. Can't think of any way you could get avidemux to run on it. It's just the way I rip sound out of YouTube videos when I need to.

It looks like Little Miss Fluttershy's solution works for you. :)

I use youtube to mp3, but its probably not the best quality. But........ WAIT A SECOND. We're talking about pirating music right?? Shouldn't this be considered inappropriate since a bit, well, illegal. And mods are posting on this telling people about piracy?! I'm so confused. Is piracy just considered a topic that's allowed on MLP forums?

I use youtube to mp3, but its probably not the best quality. But........ WAIT A SECOND. We're talking about pirating music right?? Shouldn't this be considered inappropriate since a bit, well, illegal. And mods are posting on this telling people about piracy?! I'm so confused. Is piracy just considered a topic that's allowed on MLP forums?

it's okay as long as you don't provide any direct downloads to illegal downloads, torrents with copyright material, and the like. the whole filesharing protocol BitTorrent isn't illegal, downloading copyright files without permission, however, is.

for more info, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_%28protocol%29

Edited by Princess Viscra Maelstrom

What browser do you have? I use Mozilla Firefox and I have an addon that allows me to download the mp3 file directly from youtube with a press of a single button "Download"

I typically use beemp3.com. The uploads there are decent quality in general....and they do have most songs!

Although, I am in a techno phase at the moment....so most of my downloads come straight from newgrounds.com! (not even illegal, and the top charts are full of amazing stuff :D)