Twiliscael

The Legend of Korra  

78 users have voted

1. 1. Have you watched the show yet?

• Yes
    • No
    • I haven't yet, but I will
    • Korra? What's that?

I completely agree, the plot was practically already written out on the internet weeks prior. But now we need to wonder what will happen in season to. The main antagonists are dead or defeated so what's going to happen? I think we can expect some more pro bending for sure but what besides that?

Exactly! There was a book for each element last series so what can they really do this time round? Maybe she'll move onto things such as metal bending, blood bending etc? I really am stumped for what they can do.

I haven't watched it so i must ask, is it as good as the last airbender series?

Not as good but still pretty awesome (nothing can compare to the last airbender anyway (except maybe ponies) that show was amazing)

Exactly! There was a book for each element last series so what can they really do this time round? Maybe she'll move onto things such as metal bending, blood bending etc? I really am stumped for what they can do.

I heard that the next season will be metal

Is Korra worth watching? I was absolutely obsessed with Avatar, in fact I started watching it the first day it aired on Nick and continued watching it throughout college. The reason I'm asking is, Nick has put all the episodes up on their site and I was planning on doing a marathon today, should I do it or take a pass? The show looks interesting, but I don't want to ruin my memory of avatar with a sub-par show.

Not as good but still pretty awesome (nothing can compare to the last airbender anyway (except maybe ponies) that show was amazing)

Yes i actually enjoy MLP more than The Last Airbender. :P

Not as good as the Last Airbender but decent.

Well that is a bummer, then again most sequels pale in comparison to the originals (except for a select few). I think I'll still do a Korra marathon tonight I'm getting sick of watching Hell's Kitchen and MasterChef.

Well with the information we have now I suspect it will probably be someone connected to the previous show. It's also possible that Asami will get jealous of Korra & Mako and become an antagonist of some sort.

Well with the information we have now I suspect it will probably be someone connected to the previous show. It's also possible that Asami will get jealous of Korra & Mako and become an antagonist of some sort.

That's actually a really good idea! The whole super jealousy thing with Asami didn't cross my mind at all and I suppose we don't know what happened to Sato in the end either?

Well...it's funny how the season ended because when you think about it, all the major conflicts were resolved. It seem like Nick decide on just one season (which isn't true mind you, but it feels that's what happen) What they should of done is given a subtle hint on what happen next because it feels like more of a series finale than anything.

I actively followed the show and really enjoyed it. It was not as good as the original, but was definitely a worthy sequel. It won my approval and I will definitely watch re-runs and encourage my friends to watch it. Here's my list of the pros and cons of the show:

Pros:

Great Characters

Great Storyline

A Bucking Scary Villain (Amon was just so scary)

Tributes to the original show

Relatable for adults and still entertaining to children

Highly Creative

Cons:

Rushed (When did Nick decide that 12 episodes was enough for a season? There could've been more episodes which would have made the finale less rushed)

Somewhat underdeveloped (This ties in with the series being rushed. We could've had a more interesting backstory about all the characters and events if there were more episodes)

I know these aren't much to go on, but I really enjoyed the show and will watch the next season. Out of a 10-point rating, I give the show an 8. Hopefully, the next season will be even better! :D

Well there will be a second season. They have already released the names for them all (you can check Wikipedia) and obviously must have most of them finished already

I actively followed the show and really enjoyed it. It was not as good as the original, but was definitely a worthy sequel. It won my approval and I will definitely watch re-runs and encourage my friends to watch it. Here's my list of the pros and cons of the show:

Pros:

Great Characters

Great Storyline

A Bucking Scary Villain (Amon was just so scary)

Tributes to the original show

Relatable for adults and still entertaining to children

Highly Creative

Cons:

Rushed (When did Nick decide that 12 episodes was enough for a season? There could've been more episodes which would have made the finale less rushed)

Somewhat underdeveloped (This ties in with the series being rushed. We could've had a more interesting backstory about all the characters and events if there were more episodes)

I know these aren't much to go on, but I really enjoyed the show and will watch the next season. Out of a 10-point rating, I give the show an 8. Hopefully, the next season will be even better! :D

The reason for being rushed was it was really hyped when The Last Airbender ended in 2008, and was rushed even more after the epic failure that was the movie. Plus, shows start off on a short season (well, most do anyway) to get people interested, take The Walking Dead, 6 episodes in a season, but due to how awesome it was, the episodes (and the fun) was doubled, the same could be said for Korra, probably 24 episodes?

I agree though, longer season please Nickelodeon!

(edited)

Well that ending was just cheap, seriously what the hell was the point in " taking her bending away if she was just going to recover them 10 minutes later with the ability to restore bending." that was disappointing.

Edited by SrFrog

• 2 years later...

That needs to be shipped!  

Korra is one of my fav cartoons and it has

touched on some issues you never see

in Avatar the last air bender! 

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually liking the fourth season a lot so far, which is surprising considering I kinda hated season two and thought season three was rushed and uninteresting (please don't attack me fans!)

I'm glad they're back on track with this season. Still not as good as ATLA, but really, how could anything have lived up to that series?

Also Korrasami is awesome, and if Nick has the guts to let it happen then I just might forgive them for seasons 2 and 3 ;)

• Brohoof 4

Also Korrasami is awesome, and if Nick has the guts to let it happen then I just might forgive them for seasons 2 and 3 ;)

Personally I feel like it's canon already whether it officially happens or not, it seems clear to me that this is what Mike and Bryan were going for. I don't get the sense that Korra could ever have a successful relationship with a guy.

We've seen a murder-suicide, a woman being suffocated and another woman blowing up her own face, but same-sex relationships are a big no-no in kids TV for some reason. Please let this happen Nick.

Rant over :please:

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 2