Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler My Little Pony Movie [working 2017 title]

BOW2URWAIFU.

As this topic discusses the 2017 mlp movie, it has been moved over to the new section created for threads pertaining discussions for the 2017 mlp movie :) 

• Brohoof 3

What do I think will happen? Well, based on the leaked e-mails, here's my thoughts:

An ancient alicorn will awaken from hibernation or stasis of some type. The alicorn will end up being the Guardian of the Tree of harmony, and was charged in the past to protect it from all evil and impurity: which meant keeping the "mortal" races out of equestria due to them seeking to misuse its powers, and how "Only" alicorns represented harmony.

In the past it will be revealed that other mortal races were permitted into equestria, but that they betrayed the trust of the alicorns, and sought to steal the power of the tree of harmony: the other laicorns were forced to sacrifice themselves to repair the damage and localize the chaos that was caused by misuse of the tree into the everfree forest, and the Guardian went to sleep until he was needed again to protect the tree.

The Guardian will awaken and be aghast to find all the mortal ponies living in Equestria; Feeling this is a massive threat to the tree of harmony, and believing that, due to the disharmony and evil in the hearts of mortal ponies, they cannot be trusted, he will attempt to "evict" all the ponies in equestria magically using the tree of harmony in a manner that is cataclysmic (Think giant hurricanes and earthquakes type deal).

Celestia and Luna will attempt to reason with him and go to confront him, only to be easily overpowered; however, as they are alicorns he will not kill them but will instead imprison them until his task is done.

Similarly, The guardian will use the power of the tree of harmony to petrify and neutralize discord, viewing his presence in equestria as proof of the corruption.

The mane six will then undertake a journey to reach the tree of harmony and stop him from destroying all of equestria's inhabitants. Now, though this is something I dislike and DON'T want to see, I will expect that the mane six will all be overpowered, until twilight is able to tap into the tree of harmony's power and God mode solo him to a standstill while the other 5 act as glorified cheerleaders and are reduced to the sidelines.

During the fight a cave in or other disaster will occur, and twilight will end up putting herself in danger or harming herself to save the guardian from being killed by the disaster: This will humble the guardian who will realize that he was wrong in his assumption about the ponies of equestria, and will surrender to the mane six, with the mane six then stopping the tree from continuing to harm the land.

As for what I WANT to happen, I'd rather have a truly evil villain, such as a "prisoner zero" manage to break free from tartarus, possibly an ancient and evil alicorn or a titan like entity like in Greek mythology. It would work best if it was freed by underlings of some type that had recently broken free themselves from another prison or spell of some kind.

The entity will lay waste to all those in front of him as it attempts to find out the location of the tree of harmony, which was something that it sought in the past before it was imprisoned. Celestia and luna will attempt to stop him, only to be defeated themselves, possibly even killed.

the mane six will find themselves at a loss as to how to proceed with Celestia and luna gone, but will attempt to gain their elements from the tree of harmony; however, they will be interupted by the villain, who had been following them, and they will only have succesfully removed 5 of the elements from the tree, leaving the element of magic inside of it. The mane six will then barely escape as discord will show up, only to be defeated easily by the villain (though he will end up buying time for the six to escape).

Realizing that they cannot defeat the villain without the elements, the mane six will then undertake a journey to the tree to get the element of magic, with the mane six being picked off one by one by the villain's underlings in a kamikaze fashion, with the other five sacrificing themselves to let twilight continue. At the end twilight will reach the tree of harmony, and before she can remove the final element she will be ambushed by the villain who will steal all the elements, and fuse with the tree and the elements to gain its power.

The villain will then mock her for her actions and not just leaving, and also mock her friends sacrifices, pointing out how he gladly sacrificed his underlings without a thought while she moped about her friends doing the same for her. He will then attempt to destroy her with an energy blast. At this point, I will admit it will be very similar to the EQG ending; Have the mane six's spirits have been kept in their elements when they sacrificed themselves, they reappear to all block the villain's attack like sunset shimmer's blast, the elements turn on the villain, The mane six all ascend into alicorns and engage in an over the top DBZ battle, and the villain is destroyed.

Celestia and Luna's spirits will then make a final appearance and hand over the role of protecting and ruling equestria to the mane six

Where did you read the leaked e-mails and what did they say?

Where did you read the leaked e-mails and what did they say?

Remember when North korea hacked Sony in retaliation for the interview being released? Alot of sony's Files eventually got posted on wiki-leaks, and amongst the other more notable items were their e-mails about the MLP movie, since the movie was originally going to be handled by Sony.

Since Lion's gate is handling things now, and all things point to hasbro not having been happy with how sony wanted things to be done, I wouldn't put too much stock in what the sony e-mails said though.

MV5BMTQzMTcwMzgyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzAy

• Brohoof 1

I would love for it to be a super awesome adventure story, but also have some light hearted, funny, and touching moments (pretty much what the show does sometimes). Maybe even some subplots. But honestly, I just want the movie to be good.

What do I think will happen? Well, based on the leaked e-mails, here's my thoughts:

An ancient alicorn will awaken from hibernation or stasis of some type. The alicorn will end up being the Guardian of the Tree of harmony, and was charged in the past to protect it from all evil and impurity: which meant keeping the "mortal" races out of equestria due to them seeking to misuse its powers, and how "Only" alicorns represented harmony.

In the past it will be revealed that other mortal races were permitted into equestria, but that they betrayed the trust of the alicorns, and sought to steal the power of the tree of harmony: the other laicorns were forced to sacrifice themselves to repair the damage and localize the chaos that was caused by misuse of the tree into the everfree forest, and the Guardian went to sleep until he was needed again to protect the tree.

The Guardian will awaken and be aghast to find all the mortal ponies living in Equestria; Feeling this is a massive threat to the tree of harmony, and believing that, due to the disharmony and evil in the hearts of mortal ponies, they cannot be trusted, he will attempt to "evict" all the ponies in equestria magically using the tree of harmony in a manner that is cataclysmic (Think giant hurricanes and earthquakes type deal).

Celestia and Luna will attempt to reason with him and go to confront him, only to be easily overpowered; however, as they are alicorns he will not kill them but will instead imprison them until his task is done.

Similarly, The guardian will use the power of the tree of harmony to petrify and neutralize discord, viewing his presence in equestria as proof of the corruption.

The mane six will then undertake a journey to reach the tree of harmony and stop him from destroying all of equestria's inhabitants. Now, though this is something I dislike and DON'T want to see, I will expect that the mane six will all be overpowered, until twilight is able to tap into the tree of harmony's power and God mode solo him to a standstill while the other 5 act as glorified cheerleaders and are reduced to the sidelines.

During the fight a cave in or other disaster will occur, and twilight will end up putting herself in danger or harming herself to save the guardian from being killed by the disaster: This will humble the guardian who will realize that he was wrong in his assumption about the ponies of equestria, and will surrender to the mane six, with the mane six then stopping the tree from continuing to harm the land.

As for what I WANT to happen, I'd rather have a truly evil villain, such as a "prisoner zero" manage to break free from tartarus, possibly an ancient and evil alicorn or a titan like entity like in Greek mythology. It would work best if it was freed by underlings of some type that had recently broken free themselves from another prison or spell of some kind.

The entity will lay waste to all those in front of him as it attempts to find out the location of the tree of harmony, which was something that it sought in the past before it was imprisoned. Celestia and luna will attempt to stop him, only to be defeated themselves, possibly even killed.

the mane six will find themselves at a loss as to how to proceed with Celestia and luna gone, but will attempt to gain their elements from the tree of harmony; however, they will be interupted by the villain, who had been following them, and they will only have succesfully removed 5 of the elements from the tree, leaving the element of magic inside of it. The mane six will then barely escape as discord will show up, only to be defeated easily by the villain (though he will end up buying time for the six to escape).

Realizing that they cannot defeat the villain without the elements, the mane six will then undertake a journey to the tree to get the element of magic, with the mane six being picked off one by one by the villain's underlings in a kamikaze fashion, with the other five sacrificing themselves to let twilight continue. At the end twilight will reach the tree of harmony, and before she can remove the final element she will be ambushed by the villain who will steal all the elements, and fuse with the tree and the elements to gain its power.

The villain will then mock her for her actions and not just leaving, and also mock her friends sacrifices, pointing out how he gladly sacrificed his underlings without a thought while she moped about her friends doing the same for her. He will then attempt to destroy her with an energy blast. At this point, I will admit it will be very similar to the EQG ending; Have the mane six's spirits have been kept in their elements when they sacrificed themselves, they reappear to all block the villain's attack like sunset shimmer's blast, the elements turn on the villain, The mane six all ascend into alicorns and engage in an over the top DBZ battle, and the villain is destroyed.

Celestia and Luna's spirits will then make a final appearance and hand over the role of protecting and ruling equestria to the mane six

Okay, I LOVE that last paragraph. It could make for a very chilling ending and final scene, like Grave of the Fireflies or Up.

I really want to see this Cosmos guy bring back ALL of the villains. Sombra, Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon, Tirek, Discord. It would be awesome for that. We'd have Celestia and Fluttershy attempting to keep Luna and Discord from turning evil. Sombra attempting to take the Crystal Empire. Chrysalis attacking Canterlot. Tirek reaking havoc. Twilight would be stuck, wanting to help, but being unable to. Eventually, Fluttershy and Dash get her to go and they take care of Discord. As they adventure eventually all of the mane six are split until Twilight finds Cosmos. She attempts to reason, then subdue him. She realizes she can't do it, then thinks of some plan to get rid of the other villians, succeeds in it, and her friends and the princesses arrive and they defeat Cosmos. There would have to be build up before this huge event, probably the mane six adventuring while strange things happen until they get back and havoc starts.

Honestly, I don't think Twilight is going to be the exclusive main character. It seems that lately there's been more focus on the other characters with Twilight's only exclusive episode being The Cutie Re-Mark.

Skimmed over this earlier.

But... I really gotta disagree here, I don't see ANY increase in focus on the other characters :/

the S5 Finale had the other 5 as Cameos basically, the S6 Premier was about Starlight/sunburst and some twilight with the other 5, once again, being glorified cameos, and Friendship games had the other five functioning as glorified power batteries and Cheer squad.

Things are going in the OPPOSITE direction IMO with the other 5 having less and less focus in anything of note past slice of life episodes, and then quietly shoo out for two parters or movies so twilight and Twilight clone characters can have a solo two parter :/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

IDK why,but for some reason the picture gives me a Starlight Glimmer feeling especially seeing as she is not there with the mane 6. And yes, I am aware of  the fact that this picture was made in 2015,but something doesn't right about it. My theory is that the map called them somewhere again, like to another village that is having trouble with their friendship bond. Obviously,this movie has to have some type of lesson about regaining or helping to get your friendship levels back on track. And to answer your question about the show ending, I'm praying to god,celestia,luna,twilight,and princess cadence that this will not be the end of the series! Hasbro, you have already given away my other favorite series, Transformers Prime: Beast wars/hunters, but I will NOT allow you to give away this one! :angry::sneer::okiedokieloki:

f76c2457903cf862d45cbdfba918e1b5.jpg?ito

f2d0a5acfc29a3101d5333d0b05a3ecb.jpg

My theory is that the map called them somewhere again, like to another village that is having trouble with their friendship bond.

But we got info about what the movie is going to be about at the russian conference; The map isn't calling them anywhere, a "dark force" attacks equestria and they have to go on a journey to find a way to stop it.

Its not going to be a slice of life or Friendship problem type plot, they're shooting for "lord of the rings but with ponies" for their feel.

In 1928, the army corp of engineers are experimenting with with a device built by Nikola Tesla. The broadcast power begins to wreck havoc...In Equestria. Twilight Sparkle and her friends have to travel the land to find the weak point where the energy is leaching through. Can they stop it before their world, and all others, are destroyed?

(Kinda swiped some of that from Philip Jose Farmer's excellent book, "A Barnstormer in Oz")  

I'm pretty sure that Hasbro said that there would definitely be new species, like hippogryphs (I bet Silver Quill will love that,) and even merponies. I'm really hoping that they don't throw a bunch of new characters/species at us all in one go, though. I think that perhaps either the Cutie Map or a new/old villain (AHEM, Queen Chrysalis?) will force them to journey around/beyond Equestria, in order to rally forces. Maybe we'll even get a Sunset Shimmer cameo as well!  :wub: