Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

friendship games The Friendship Games Soundtrack is Now Available on itunes and Amazon

EquestriaGuy

Ah finally I can purchase 'My Past is Not Today'!! :squee: Thanks for the heads up!

Also, I'm seeing a lot of Shiochet in the credits, hopefully this means lots more Sunny musical moments :D

Just like with the Rainbow Rocks soundtrack, you can tell which songs will end up where, and match up with specific scenes from the preview. 

I'll probably spend the next....oh.....5 hours that I have left at work listening to it. It sounds quite good so far.

Just listened to it, and Ingram really outdid himself once again :blink:. The soundtrack blows Rainbow Rocks' out of the water overall, in my opinion.

Dance Magic is catchy as frack and will become my new de-facto song to sing while driving by myself

The Friendship Games is your typical movie intro fare, but not bad. Rainbow Dash's line "We've studied hard and we're here to win!" only continues to cement her status as alpha nerd of the Mane Six

The CHS Rally Song, as I mentioned in another post, is bae. The energy is super infectious and I love hearing Dash get more singing time :)

What More is Out There is more or less Let it Go: Episode IV A New Hope a very good song that shows off more of Shoichet's voice

Acadeca is the CHS Rally Song x100. The energy in that song is amazing and should be familiar to any athletes or performers who've been super pumped to show their stuff against their biggest rivals. Probably my favorite song on the soundtrack :wub:

Unleash the Magic vaguely reminds me of Mother Knows Best from Tangled and/or Poor Unfortunate Souls, which is great because those songs are awesomesauce. High quality villain song, and I hope the film's visuals are able to do justice to the song's atmosphere. It is my other favorite song on the soundtrack :squee:

And Right There in Front of Me was a'ight. More or less what I've come to expect from an end of film song.

• Brohoof 4

Love it! :D as a whole, I don't enjoy the songs quite as much as the RR songs but ACADECA is pretty awesome, I've had that on replay haha :P also Unleash the Magic, Right There in Front of Me, and of course My Past is Not Today (but we've heard that one before). Overall pretty nice, psyched for the movie!

Unleash the Magic was killer as it applied the pressure on Twilight, and I enjoyed Right There in Front of Me, and also the first one where Twilight was wanting something more.

The soundtrack sounds pretty solid, and I dare say I may grow to like it even more with the appropriate visuals.

Edited by UnknownFry
  • Brohoof 1

Both "What More Is Out There" and "Unleash the Magic" sound very qualified to be the "I Want song" and the "Villain Song", respectively, of our film; Sound like they came right out of a well-done Disney Animated Musical film like The Little Mermaid.

• Brohoof 1

Unleash the magic, free the magic NOW!!

:D That one is my favorite! It sounds like a flipping Disney song ouo

Holy shit, dat "Unleash the Magic" is some Disney quality stuff

Hehe, looks like I'm not the only one with that thought :3

• Brohoof 2